What's new

Offline scenes and the community: Roadblocks and hurdles

GeoffBedlam

Warrior
Living in Australia sucks. There's no offline scene near my area that I'm aware of. And when I do hear of something, it's in another state. I mean, it's not like MK had a chance to get a offline scene anyway, what with the fucking retarded government banning the game here. The only just decided to release it back in May and for a while, that brought in more players. New and mostly incompetent ones, but more players none-the-less. But yeah, at the moment all I can really do is go online and play guys I've met here or through randomly coming by them.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
<==== 32, lives in the next city from you, hosts sessions every week, works a government contractor job, and has great people here in the area who could help you with the game. Mr Aquaman Srryimwhte My co-workers know all about the gaming they do and always ask me how I do when I attend tourneys and whatnot. You need not worry about your age or your skill level. Just show up, meet the folks, and have a great time. There is much fun to be had all why you're learning and improving your game.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You gotta get out there if you got the itch to man, you will be hooked. Never fear about getting bodied,

31, 3 kids married and still get out to local casuals when I can. Local tournys and the odd major if it's not too much money and seems hella hype.

Age is just a number man.

Just think of this way, you have probably been playing video games longer then some of them have been alive!! lol Thats gotta count for something :)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
My locals include the entire CORN team. There is no mental obstacle harder to surmount than having those guys shouting behind you, and I'd still go if I ever had the time. Everything else you mentioned is secondary - it's all in your head. I guarantee you'll find some great people in your local community if you're willing to get out and join in.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I live in the middle of 3 offline scenes. That all are too far -_-, GGA, Godlike Saturdays, and Michigan Ranbats (CORN). Each of them are respectively 2 and a half to 4 hours away which is a bit far to drive just for casuals and maybe a local tournament.

If u live close enough, go!!! Unless u run the risk of gettin fired, i see no reason not. I wouldn't mind gamin it up w my teacher lmao

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I believe I was the only female player at Local Battles in Fort Lee, NJ(?) and Yestercades in Red Bank, NJ a while ago. Also, I'm older than quite a number of you, but not "old" in general like the OP. Regardless, I had a blast. Felt a bit weird with (mostly) teenage boys everywhere, but that's just what the scene attracts. The majority of people who enjoy violent video games is male - just how it is really. Played a bunch of casuals against Maxter, CD Jr, and others. If the opportunity arises, I'd definitely come out to another tournament. I'll recognize some familiar faces too. Everyone I met was really cool. I like the competitive spirit!