What's new

Official Robo Smoke (Robo Homo) Thread

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Somebody mentioned earlier that giving cyber smoke some of human smokes moves would make human smoke obsileite, but thats not the case.

Look at Cyber Sub.

He has

Ice Ball
Slide
Parry instead of clone
bombs instead of floor freeze
and then added teleport and dive kicks

And people still play human Sub, replacing moves with likeness moves will not make human smoke useless, I just wouldn't give cyber smoke the human smoke bomb, just a spear and sektor's teleport punch instead of his regular with a few different normals.

Cyber sub has a 33 that breaks low blocks, and we still see tons of human sub-zero.

Cyber smoke in that regard would be more powerful yes, but that wouldn't stop human smoke from still being good.

UsedForGlue

the thing is this will make human smoke almost useless since he wouldve all his moves plus a spear, parry the smoke bombs and low hitting combo. if they do this they might aswell delete the hsmoke. im not hating or anything because, like you, i was expecting robohomo as 4th.
I just would not give him human smokes "smoke bomb", and I mentioned earlier that if the parry made him too strong, then get rid of it.

Somebody mentioned earlier that giving cyber smoke some of human smokes moves would make human smoke obsileite, but thats not the case.

Look at Cyber Sub.

He has

Ice Ball
Slide
Parry instead of clone
bombs instead of floor freeze
and then added teleport and dive kicks

And people still play human Sub, replacing moves with likeness moves will not make human smoke useless, I just wouldn't give cyber smoke the human smoke bomb, just a spear and sektor's teleport punch instead of his regular with a few different normals.

Cyber sub has a 33 that breaks low blocks, and we still see tons of human sub-zero.

Cyber smoke in that regard would be more powerful yes, but that wouldn't stop human smoke from still being good.
It was me . I understand what you mean, BUT csz HAS different normals than sb, that is why czs and sz are waaaaaay diferent, Now this guy said keep all his normals add a low combo and having bombs similar to cyrax's but with the effect of a smoke bomb. now this will maybe exploit to some resets which hsmoke does not have or will not have, making robo homo a better choice over hsmoke. i didnt say that nobody will use hsmoke but that it will obviosly be a better choice to pick robohomo over hsmoke, thats all.

I just would not give him human smokes "smoke bomb", and I mentioned earlier that if the parry made him too strong, then get rid of it.
by "smoke bombs" i didnt mean smokes' actually smoke bomb. im referring to the bombs that were mentioned above that are like cyrax's.

UsedForGlue

by "smoke bombs" i didnt mean smokes' actually smoke bomb. im referring to the bombs that were mentioned above that are like cyrax's.
I understand that by robo smoke having the same normals it might make human some obsolete, but I am just trying to give quick fix answers to maybe a quick swap move set character based off human smoke, so that NRS really don't have to go to much bother to give the fans what they want.

Even forget giving him extra normals, just change his smoke bomb from human smoke to cyrax's smoke bombs, and take away his regular teleport punch for sektors teleport punch and add a spear instead of a parry.

UsedForGlue

If it was this way, then cyber smoke couldn't reset with a wiff teleport punch after an air throw or air teleport punch, or reset up close with a wiffed teleport punch after a forward throw.

Cyber smoke couldn't parry jump in attacks and keep zoning with his human smoke bomb.

Cyber smoke, if he has bombs and a spear would be more about being zoned out and not zoning like human smoke.

These two move swaps would change the two characters play styles massively.

To keep him ilk the was in mk3, give him sektors away throw.

Robo Smoke is practically already in the game...

If it was this way, then cyber smoke couldn't reset with a wiff teleport punch after an air throw or air teleport punch, or reset up close with a wiffed teleport punch after a forward throw.

Cyber smoke couldn't parry jump in attacks and keep zoning with his human smoke bomb.

Cyber smoke, if he has bombs and a spear would be more about being zoned out and not zoning like human smoke.

These two move swaps would change the two characters play styles massively.

To keep him ilk the was in mk3, give him sektors away throw.

Robo Smoke is practically already in the game...
now it makes more sense, I was trying to point that out. Not hating or anything cause I definetly want this character and I expect to see him in the near future.