What's new

Official Robo Smoke (Robo Homo) Thread

discuss his possible moves

since mortal kombat is releasing as much dlc as the fans want i see a very slim chance that rhe good ol robo homo WONT be dlc in the near future. Maybe not the 4th dlc character for the summer but we could possibly see him by christmas

- Special Movelist -

Spear - The classic 3 pronged spear that has possibly a shorter range the scorpions but faster recovery (that way its not exactrly the same) Or a spear that is used as an anti-air only with no stun. Ex version has armor.

Teleport Uppercut - Similar to sektors but you can move it left or right while your in the ground similar to sheevas and quan chis teleport. Not as safe as quan chis but not as unsafe as cyrax's teleport. Cant juggle on hit. Ex version allows a juggle.

Smoke Bombs - A grey bomb that explodes into smoke. Similar to strykers grenades except slower. They are unblockable and when they explode on the opponent they cant attack for a few seconds, only block. This can make for some forced turtling or jumping situations to where you can apply pressure. Has a medium/far version only. ex version has a bigger hit range.

ninja star - Robo homo throws a pretty quick projectile out of his chest for some small damage. (similar to czs's ninja star fatality). Can be thrown in the air. Ex version throws 2 stars that can be canceled. Second ninja star hit allows a slight air juggle if it hits the opponent in the air.

The Shocker - Electrocutes himself hurting the opponent if they touch him and adding minor life to his health bar. (similar to a parry move). Ex version drains a bit of meter from the opponent as well as damaging them and heals robo homos health bar slightly.

- Throw -

a crane comes out of robo homos chest and grabs the opponent by their head flipping them backwards or slamming them forward. Think sektors umk3 throw.

- Fatalities -

World Peace - Robo homo self detonates himself by inputting a command on his wrist. a timer of 3 seconds is given. The opponent goes 'huh?!' and runs around frantically. The camera zooms out to show the world and it explodes.

Cancer - Robo homo dematerializes into smoke and pushes himself up the opponents nose. They cough up a lung (literally) and other organs as the smoke then dissipates out of their dead corpse. Smoke then re-materializes back to his Robot form.

so these are just some possible ideas and would love to hear yours and thoughts on this one.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Needs retarded air throw, and ground throw should look just like air throw :)

Also, i'd rather have his other UMK3 fatality with the grenade dinner than "world peace", which is one of the worse fatalities ever.

Not so sure about his other specials you have listed. Doesnt matter to me if spear is too much like Scorp's. Matter of fact, it should be like it in range.

and you forgot invisibility!!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
TU idea is good, as is the spear, not to thrilled on the ninja stars or electrocution.

He should also have like an 8hit dial a combo string for MK3 nostalgia.

Smoke punch, A rocket punch, his hand shoots off propelled by his smoke powers, does high damage and chip, has quick recovery, but it has a 10 second CD, the EX version does the same thing but the hand grabs the opponents neck and pulls them back to smoke, where it initiates a command throw, a chock slam.

Invisibility, normal same as the other shitty ones in the game, EX version doesn't turn him totally invis, instead it makes him move twice as fast, and makes him immune to projectiles. 6 second duration.

Smoke screen, shoots 3 bombs out across the screen, they all explode covering the whole screen with smoke and no one can see anything for 5 seconds, is always an EX attack, has no normal version(this would probably annoy people so I don't see it working out, but it still would be cool)

I like a lot of the ideas put up here. As I see it, blowing up the world is a necessity. If you want to make the fatalities crazier with every DLC, why not make the capstone blowing up Earth?

fleshmasher

i got the poison
1. Bangvisibility: :en Invisibility does damage on start up like :en teleport with cyrax. Drawback is even as :en you're not completely invisible (like Smoke normal inv.)

2. 3 pronged chest spear, :en version: On hit Robo smoke quickly pulls it out and hits you again to pull you over. Does more damage.

3. Teleuppercut like Sektors, but harder to combo off because he has spear already.:en Smoke does additional unbreakable air throw, but less or no possibility to juggle.

4. Like human smoke's normal throw, with smokey inflation just in the air.

5. Fatality: Does Spear that pulls you into his chest, you break in half then are completely pulled in, winning pose where the opponent's face is still visible in his chest, maybe upside down with a screaming expression.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Cyber Smoke

Hi Guys.

First of all, I would like to thank NRS for the current game we have and all the DLC they have been working on.

And secondly, I thought this part of the forum would be the best place to get attention to my topic about cyber smoke.

I don't think I would be wrong in saying that a huge part of the community would much rather have the last of the MK3 fighters with robo smoke, rather than a horror movie character or a post UMK3 character.

No one can say, well, we already have cyber sub, and cyber smoke won't fit in the game story line, well none of the other DLC characters are apart of the story line, so why should that stand in the way of having one of the fans favourites in the game.

I think with enough support and demand for Cyber/Robo Smoke, then he could actually still make it, and I am extremely bummed that Freddy is the DLC, whilst cyber/robo smoke was an option.

So, if you are on the same page as me, then you are most likely an actual fan of MK that has played the previous releases and is pretty miffed to say the least that cyber/robo smoke has been left out in place of a fucking movie character, so please show your support with your comments, and hopefully, with luck, he can still make it.

Thank you
Jay

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I'm thinking that an alternate costume is the best we'll see, and I'm guessing it will come packed with the Freddy DLC.

UsedForGlue

Cyber smoke could easily be made with swaps from other characters if nothing else.

Chest Spear - Only new animation, UMK3 style.
Teleport uppercut - UMK3 Sektor move, cyber sub was already given cyraxs teleport and and bombs which freeze instead.
Stealth/Invisibility - Reptile and human smoke both have this, and a few characters already have damage boost swaps, so thats hardly pushing it.
Air Throw - Easy swap with human smokes current air throw

And finish it off with smokes ''Smoke away'' And ''Smoke Toward''

Could easily give him cyrax/cyber sub bombs that just give the same results as human smokes smoke bomb.

This seems like one of the more simple characters to throw together with specials if a full from scratch character couldn't be made.

UsedForGlue

I'm thinking that an alternate costume is the best we'll see, and I'm guessing it will come packed with the Freddy DLC.
A cyber skin for human smoke would work just as good.

Robo smoke could be easily put together from swaps, if NRS are not willing to put a brand new character model together.

Just take human smoke and give robo smoke the same moves with minor adjustments.

Keep:
Normals
Throws
X-Ray
Fatalitys
Smoke Away
Smoke Toward
Air Throw
Invisibility

Get rid of:
Parry - only in the case that he may be too strong, otherwise, keep it.

Replace:
Teleport punch with Sektors teleport punch - Cyber sub was already given sonyas dive kick, so copying over moves does not seem to be an issue.
Smoke bomb replaced with Cyrax/Cyber Sub bombs that give the same results as human smokes smoke bomb.

Add one new move - MK3/UMK3 Chest spear.

Even throw in cyraxs command grab or human cyrax's teleport.

Honestly, to me, it seems like the easiest transition and character to formulate without going the full hog...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Robo Homo can be only an original character, not a alternate costume. There is no way that would work and it would be retarded. Cyber Smoke/Robo Smoke/Cyborg Smoke/Robo Homo deserves better!

Ankaku

Noob
Robo Homo can be only an original character, not a alternate costume. There is no way that would work and it would be retarded. Cyber Smoke/Robo Smoke/Cyborg Smoke/Robo Homo deserves better!
I never played old robo homo, would his moveset really be all that different?
Also, a bit random but after watching the legacy finale, I wnt a movie about the Lin kuei. Forget the rest, just them

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
I never played old robo homo, would his moveset really be all that different?
Also, a bit random but after watching the legacy finale, I wnt a movie about the Lin kuei. Forget the rest, just them
well, he never had ice bombs and shot ice out his chest ;)

Teleport punch, chest spear, air throw and of course invisibility. :coffee:

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
I don't think I would be wrong in saying that a huge part of the community would much rather have the last of the MK3 fighters with robo smoke, rather than a horror movie character or a post UMK3 character.
Where's the line for senior citizens who thought that Cyber-Smoke was a lame replacement for Scorpion back when MK3 first came out, that Human Smoke being Scorpion+1 in UMK3 was an insult to the poor yellow ninja, and that Freddy is actually pretty cool? Haha

I even could have lived without Purple Rain, ErrorMacro, or Tobias Boon making MK9's roster, but here they are, and they're all pretty cool. I would be up for Cyber-Smoke, maybe even just as a re-skin, but I'm not on board with him being a 'new' character that just takes his moves from other fighters. Kenshi, Cyber-Sub, and Smoke could have been straight-up clones of Ermac, Human-Sub, and Scorpion, but NRS has already set the bar way higher and I hope they keep delivering on that same level.

If they decide to do a second DLC lineup then hopefully Cyber Smoke will be one of them. If not then I fear he might just be a skin along with UMK3 Sub-Zero and be human Smoke's alt kinda like how Sektor and Cyrax have human alts.

Ankaku

Noob
well, he never had ice bombs and shot ice out his chest ;)

Teleport punch, chest spear, air throw and of course invisibility. :coffee:
I thought we were talking about a skin for smoke not cyber sub O__o
That would be ridiculous lol. I might get flak for this, but I always thought the chest trident was just scorps spear borrowed. I know there are lots of chars who have borrowed or similar moves. Besides that, why would the Lin kuei give smoke the shaft? Cyrax gets bombs, sektor gets missiles, and they infuse smoke with a sharp thing on a rope?

Ankaku

Noob
Where's the line for senior citizens who thought that Cyber-Smoke was a lame replacement for Scorpion back when MK3 first came out, that Human Smoke being Scorpion+1 in UMK3 was an insult to the poor yellow ninja, and that Freddy is actually pretty cool? Haha

I even could have lived without Purple Rain, ErrorMacro, or Tobias Boon making MK9's roster, but here they are, and they're all pretty cool. I would be up for Cyber-Smoke, maybe even just as a re-skin, but I'm not on board with him being a 'new' character that just takes his moves from other fighters. Kenshi, Cyber-Sub, and Smoke could have been straight-up clones of Ermac, Human-Sub, and Scorpion, but NRS has already set the bar way higher and I hope they keep delivering on that same level.
This. I completely agree

UsedForGlue

I put together a quick video of bolster my point on robo smoke.

If you have a spare few minutes please give it a listen and drop feedback here, because I honestly think it is still a good shot.

I agree with Tim, A spear, Air Throw, Invisibility and a teleport uppercut and his specials are good enough at that.

Give him smokes normals, but add a standing low normal to break standing blocks and a quick recovery 2-3 mid jab string and we could have a character that could go toe to toe with kung lao and cage easily.

Push it with human cyrax's teleport, smokes away and toward smoke, and smoke bombs almost like cyraxs if they want to just copy off human smoke.

This could easily happen, there is hope yet.

I put together a quick video of bolster my point on robo smoke.

If you have a spare few minutes please give it a listen and drop feedback here, because I honestly think it is still a good shot.

I agree with Tim, A spear, Air Throw, Invisibility and a teleport uppercut and his specials are good enough at that.

Give him smokes normals, but add a standing low normal to break standing blocks and a quick recovery 2-3 mid jab string and we could have a character that could go toe to toe with kung lao and cage easily.

Push it with human cyrax's teleport, smokes away and toward smoke, and smoke bombs almost like cyraxs if they want to just copy off human smoke.

This could easily happen, there is hope yet.
the thing is this will make human smoke almost useless since he wouldve all his moves plus a spear, parry the smoke bombs and low hitting combo. if they do this they might aswell delete the hsmoke. im not hating or anything because, like you, i was expecting robohomo as 4th.

totally agree with you glue

i remember ed boon saying that mk9 was a fan service game

im not hating on freddy, i just think there would be some priority over certain nostalga characters from the umk3 era.

they even put unmasked sub zero out just to tease us. So we have basically every character from that era EXCEPT robo homo.

they can add moves to him similar to what they did with rain, idgaf. I just want robo smoke in the goddamn game already.

You hear us boon?! we want robo smoke. I get that freddy was a brilliant marketing tool But PLEASE at least make robo homo the FIRST dlc character in the next batch. End the pack with Jason, fuck put superman in there while your at it. Just give us robo homo.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I was really hoping for Cyber Smoke.
But i'm not angry about Freddy i think he's cool. And i'll buy him.
Anyway i want Cyber Smoke for DLC.
As an actual character not an alternate costume for Human Smoke.

I think it's okay for him to steal moves from other characters to me that's a part of his personality.

But what do you guys think about my BangVisibility idea?
His enhanced Invisibility having a Cyrax/CySub Bangport-ish explosion in the startup which hurts the opponent?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
I was really hoping for Cyber Smoke.
But i'm not angry about Freddy i think he's cool. And i'll buy him.
Anyway i want Cyber Smoke for DLC.
As an actual character not an alternate costume for Human Smoke.

I think it's okay for him to steal moves from other characters to me that's a part of his personality.

But what do you guys think about my BangVisibility idea?
His enhanced Invisibility having a Cyrax/CySub Bangport-ish explosion in the startup which hurts the opponent?
yea Human Smoke in MK9 sorta works for me. but i had no problem with the fact he was Scorpion on steroids in UMK3. And same with Robo Homo. Thats who he is. you cant change it and expect it to work (smoke has been retarded since UMK3 so there is your proof.)

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I think we get robo skin with unmasked sub-Zero and Freddie compatibility pack.

I hope we get the grey Sektor-ish chassis from Raiden's story mode vision of Cyber Smoke.
Maybe with Predator-Plasmacaster-ish shoulder cannons that shoot Da Smoke Bombs.