What's new

Official Pre-EVO 2012 Mortal Kombat Tier List

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
FOREVER KING .

Yeah i knew you know like all of that stuff but i just wanted to include it for other people reading who want to learn. Anyways, i see what you mean and to be real that's his weakest aspect. That big hit-box really screws him over in that scenario. Luckily it's pretty rare i mean after every break he can easily build about a bar if not more (depending on how well he zones) your point definitely still stands it's just combing Kensh twice in a row is easy to say but sometimes it's just a bitch. Especially if your character cannot follow-up on combos well (i.e characters that aren't Sonya and Kabal lol :] )

And yeah i do have to agree Cage vs Kenshi isn't that bad. I'd say 4-6 at the worst for Cage but like i said i'll let the Cage and Kenshi players do the talking lol! CURBOLICOUS Pig Of The Hut . Opinions?

LaR

Noob
i know man, i think .5s are better than whole number system for the reasons i said.
i know your not a big fan of bothering with numbers of MUs anyway
yea why would they not agree on something that is is clearly more accurate? it makes no sense. and yea other peoples match up charts mean nothing to me you should only judge the match up on your on experience just because a certain match up is good or bad for most people doesn't mean it applies to you.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yea why would they not agree on something that is is clearly more accurate? it makes no sense. and yea other peoples match up charts mean nothing to me you should only judge the match up on your on experience just because a certain match up is good or bad for most people doesn't mean it applies to you.
yea im starting to believe you were right about that as more time goes on.
like baraka vs cage aint 4-6 or 3-7 on "my" MU chart....vs mileena is it though haha

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't know about Cage being so high on the tier lists. He's really good but he has too many matchups which are difficult for him. None of them are even close to unwinnable but I think Cage has to work hard against a lot of characters. I don't think he should be above some of those below him. Sektor could also be moved up and I think Raiden should be higher and then what's left of A- and B+ should be grouped together.

It's a pretty decent list, though. Everyone has their opinion, so whatever.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
.5's just depend man. It's hard to get that accurate on MU's. i can see the positives because it gives you that accurate feel, but half the time people aren't reaching the proper conclusions to get there.

You have people turning 5-5's into 5.5-4.5 /4.5-5.5 when it isn't. I mean at which point do we decide a chatacter wins 6-4 (which is already slight advanage) or just an.5? It's hard to accurately draw these conclusions so sometimes it better if we leave it as whole numbers to clearly show who has advantage and roughly by how much.

I see two ways to look at it; and it's kind of the cul half-full or half-empty thing. It just depends on how you look at it.

LaR

Noob
.5's just depend man. It's hard to get that accurate on MU's. i can see the positives because it gives you that accurate feel, but half the time people aren't reaching the proper conclusions to get there.

You have people turning 5-5's into 5.5-4.5 /4.5-5.5 when it isn't. I mean at which point do we decide a chatacter wins 6-4 (which is already slight advanage) or just an.5? It's hard to accurately draw these conclusions so sometimes it better if we leave it as whole numbers to clearly show who has advantage and roughly by how much.

I see two ways to look at it; and it's kind of the cul half-full or half-empty thing. It just depends on how you look at it.
I see what you mean it is alot easier to just say this is a 6-4 match for the sake of simplicity instead of saying this is a 62/38 match up. but if were going to make a tier list based on matchups we might aswell get everyone to use .5s just to be as accurate as possible.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
FOREVER KING, I would love to see you fight Pig Of The Hut's Kenshi. I think Pig is saying he's got the match up all figured out.

I think Kenshi is a very good character. I would use him myself, but I dislike the Kabal match up.

Flagg

Noob
Cyber is not nearly that bad. He should be in the same tier as Mil and Quan atleast. Also I feel Sektor may be a tier higher than that. And maybe SZ too. But over all not too bad of a list.
Hey man, CSZ is one of my main guys. It's funny that Cyrax is highest out the robots when I think Sektor is a tough match for Cyber, but Cyrax is quite even (for me anyways).

NKZero

Noob
Hey man, CSZ is one of my main guys. It's funny that Cyrax is highest out the robots when I think Sektor is a tough match for Cyber, but Cyrax is quite even (for me anyways).
I don't think Cyber loses to Sektor. I see Cyber and Sek 5-5 as well as Cyber and Cyrax 5-5. Sektor beats Cyrax 6-4 imo. Why d'you think Cyber Sub loses to Sektor?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I feel like all the Bots are even with eachother, or atleast really close.

Flagg

Noob
I don't think Cyber loses to Sektor. I see Cyber and Sek 5-5 as well as Cyber and Cyrax 5-5. Sektor beats Cyrax 6-4 imo. Why d'you think Cyber Sub loses to Sektor?
Maybe I just have a harder time fighting Sektor. I mean you can dive kick nets and bombs on reaction and I think CSZ and Cyrax are about even up close, maybe Cyber has the edge infact. Sektor has slightly better up close and he can zone CSZ for the lame out and you cant parry a tele-uppercut unfortunately, though I think you should be able to.

RampaginDragon, yeah I also feel the robots are quite close, but Cyber just has a far worst time with zoners than the other two do. I always enjoy fighting the other two robots and human sub zero the most with CSZ.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
FOREVER KING .

Yeah i knew you know like all of that stuff but i just wanted to include it for other people reading who want to learn. Anyways, i see what you mean and to be real that's his weakest aspect. That big hit-box really screws him over in that scenario. Luckily it's pretty rare i mean after every break he can easily build about a bar if not more (depending on how well he zones) your point definitely still stands it's just combing Kensh twice in a row is easy to say but sometimes it's just a bitch. Especially if your character cannot follow-up on combos well (i.e characters that aren't Sonya and Kabal lol :] )

And yeah i do have to agree Cage vs Kenshi isn't that bad. I'd say 4-6 at the worst for Cage but like i said i'll let the Cage and Kenshi players do the talking lol! CURBOLICOUS Pig Of The Hut . Opinions?
Idk tbh, pig thinks it could be 5-5 and im kinda thinking the same thing, his hitbox allows cage to get free 11f1 and kenshi cant just armor at random because he can get crossover if read. Its a big guessing game but if kenshi guesses wrong its alot worse then cage guessing wrong.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I definitely disagree with Sektor and Mileena being that low, ok Sektor is probably around that area but Mileena lower then B+? No way....

Kainaran

Noob
Cyrax A- (-1 rate, bad mobility, because so many bad MU)
Smoke A+ (+1 rate) (mobility, reset, few bad MU)
Sektor A- (+1 rate)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She don't suck man lol. I think suck is a bit much don't you? Now,Sheeva sucks... I don't jump as much against her as I used to anyway if at all. Her D4 is one of the best pokes if not the best in the entire game, range, safeness, odd hitbox etc.

At any rate, that's just my personal view. Everyone here has one, clearly a lot of people feel different only these tiers.

REO

Undead
She don't suck man lol. I think suck is a bit much don't you? Now,Sheeva sucks... I don't jump as much against her as I used to anyway if at all. Her D4 is one of the best pokes if not the best in the entire game, range, safeness, odd hitbox etc.

At any rate, that's just my personal view. Everyone here has one, clearly a lot of people feel different only these tiers.
You play solely online, hence why you think Mileena is so good. Sonya has the best d+4, by far. No comparison.

Smoke will be the first S++ :cool:
Let me know when he gets a small hitbox, armor, and normals under 10f.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
REO I see you put Jade in B- tier position, above a bunch of other characters. What makes her good in your opinion?