What's new

Official Nintendo Switch MK 11 Friend Code Thread: Latest Update Live Discussion.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Ok, so anyone who got the switch version. I have, I also got the Xbox. Perhaps this can be stickied for those of you who got the Switch version or play on the switch.
@STORMS @HellblazerHawkman

@x TeeJay o @scarsunseen Hey guys, would it be possible for this to be stickied? I don't know if you guys are planning to sticky the PC thread, but I took the liberty to make a Switch topic as well or will you guys have a forum per-console?

I have to say getting Shao Kahn was actually easier on the Switch than the Xbox lol. I had to wait a while to get Shao Kahn, then logout and sign back in and install him to get him but anyway. It plays very well I must say, I prefer the TV method of course however I have noticed using the grip with joy-cons while in portable mode is also pretty good. The standard grip with carrying it around isn't bad, but not the most comfortable either after a while. On TV I much prefer the pro, hori or grip controller.

Anybody here who likes the switch version or plays on that as well, post your Friend Code. I will update the thread/initial post with Friend Codes as time goes on.

TYM MK 11 Nintendo Switch Player List[Friend Codes]:

MKF30: SW-7948-7371-8783
Pro4- 18:SW-3054-5678-4604
iiizzzunicorn:SW-5020-9882-6913
I am 22 dollars from getting it So I will keep an Eye on the thread
<--Xbox GT

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Haven't experienced any slowdown thus far with gameplay, however in storymode I've noticed sometimes between scenes it loads for like a split second before going into cinematic. The switch should be getting a patch soon right?

Matix218

Get over here!
I know the frame rate drops on cutscene type moves (kb, fb) but combos seem the same to me on ps4 and switch so far. I have not even come close to testing every character/stage though. It is supposedly running at 60fps and there are youtube gameplay comparison vids with ps4 confirming that. What specific character/stage?

MKF30

I think certain moves FB's it drops a little but not for everyone I've noticed.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Oh man! When I was going back and forth between PC playing on an Xbox controller and Switch, the actual button prompts were breaking my brain. Since ABXY are in different positions on each. I ended up switching to a PS4 controller on PC just so that when I'm reading move lists and doing the tutorial stuff, it doesn't mess me up as much.
This is the reason why I use arcade sticks for all consoles and PC for fighting games. My controls are exactly the same for them all even though the sticks are different.

Xbox One: Razer Atrox
PS4: Razer Panthera
Switch: Hori Arcade Pro or my Wireless N30 sticks
PC: Razer Panthera

MKF30

This is the reason why I use arcade sticks for all consoles and PC for fighting games. My controls are exactly the same for them all even though the sticks are different.

Xbox One: Razer Atrox
PS4: Razer Panthera
Switch: Hori Arcade Pro or my Wireless N30 sticks
PC: Razer Panthera
Oh you can play on pads and a stick? :eek: most players usually either or lol. Now that's impressive! lol

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Oh you can play on pads and a stick? :eek: most players usually either or lol. Now that's impressive! lol
Yes I can but I prefer sticks over pads for fighting games. I'm playing the towers of time on pad due to the fact that you cannot use consumables without the right thumbstick. Shame on NRS for not making a button combo for using consumables lol! Oh well.

Matix218

Get over here!
I've only played training in handheld mode so far. I'm getting some pretty heavy slowdown during combos. Is this normal?
I was playing handheld training with scorpion and i think i am getting some of this same slowdown you described during combos. I have the ps4 version too so i have never even played the switch version docked. Have you still been experiencing this on switch? Docked too or just handheld?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I was playing handheld training with scorpion and i think i am getting some of this same slowdown you described during combos. I have the ps4 version too so i have never even played the switch version docked. Have you still been experiencing this on switch? Docked too or just handheld?
I haven't tried docked at all but yes I'm still getting the slowdown. I heard a patch is awaiting approval from nrs, though.

Matix218

Get over here!
I haven't tried docked at all but yes I'm still getting the slowdown. I heard a patch is awaiting approval from nrs, though.
Is that just the 1.04 patch that the ps4 got or is it a switch specific patch addressing performance issues such as the combo slowdown?

MKF30

Ok so the switch got the latest update(finally) Seems legit, just got my rewards then the update which took roughly 30 minutes. Not too bad. Obviously the slower your connection, the longer it'll take like with any DL.

MKF30

So the notes from WB themselves from reddit.

Hi all,

Please see the latest updates to Mortal Kombat 11 for Nintendo Switch players.

General

• Link with Mortal Kombat mobile app for bonus rewards

• Community “Thank You” gift with 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, and 500 Hearts

• Bug fixes and overall stability improvements

• Soul Rewards increased 50%

• AI Fighter reaction times increased and max input length decreased

• Fatality count for head spikes decreased

• Move list and frame data corrections

• Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data

• Tweaks to online match-making

• AI adjustments

• Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode

• Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt

• Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode

• Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches

Towers of Time

• Modifier damage reduction for fire, DoT, electric storm, etc.

• Modifier intervals in the Gauntlet increased

• Adjusted AI difficulty curve

• Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers

• Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers

• Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms

• Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards

• Increased post fight Koin rewards

• Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies

• Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers

• Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers

• Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers

• Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended

• Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements

• Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers

• Improved targeting for several Konsumables

• Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable

• Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others

• Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers

• Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players

The Community Gift has been distributed via the above update for Nintendo Switch players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 20, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST.

We appreciate your patience!

Saw this on Derek's twitter!!

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeah i downloaded it last night. Only played in training mode for like 5 minutes after so not sure if it addressed some of the combo slowdown for certain characters. It seemed smooth and I didnt notice any obvious slowdown but again, I didnt play for very long

MKF30

Yeah i downloaded it last night. Only played in training mode for like 5 minutes after so not sure if it addressed some of the combo slowdown for certain characters. It seemed smooth and I didnt notice any obvious slowdown but again, I didnt play for very long
Yeah I noticed once in a while it'll happen, although overall the game plays fine for me so far. I have noticed the Switch and PC versions have had some issues different than the Xbox and PS4 no doubt due to different teams working on them. Hopefully they'll patch the Switch version in the future I'm sure.

My Xbox version however, while plays flawlessly has frozen a few times on practice mode when picking a stage for some reason.