What's new

Official Nintendo Switch MK 11 Friend Code Thread: Latest Update Live Discussion.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so anyone who got the switch version. I have, I also got the Xbox. Perhaps this can be stickied for those of you who got the Switch version or play on the switch.
@STORMS @HellblazerHawkman

@x TeeJay o @scarsunseen Hey guys, would it be possible for this to be stickied? I don't know if you guys are planning to sticky the PC thread, but I took the liberty to make a Switch topic as well or will you guys have a forum per-console?

I have to say getting Shao Kahn was actually easier on the Switch than the Xbox lol. I had to wait a while to get Shao Kahn, then logout and sign back in and install him to get him but anyway. It plays very well I must say, I prefer the TV method of course however I have noticed using the grip with joy-cons while in portable mode is also pretty good. The standard grip with carrying it around isn't bad, but not the most comfortable either after a while. On TV I much prefer the pro, hori or grip controller.

Anybody here who likes the switch version or plays on that as well, post your Friend Code. I will update the thread/initial post with Friend Codes as time goes on.

TYM MK 11 Nintendo Switch Player List[Friend Codes]:

MKF30: SW-7948-7371-8783
Pro4- 18:SW-3054-5678-4604
iiizzzunicorn:SW-5020-9882-6913

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Just picked up a switch copy. Just started downloading update (4 more hours left... hoping switch is overestimating that...)

Ill be active in this thread though.

Matix218

Get over here!
So finally got to try the game out on switch. Why is the switch version still on patch 1.02? Also, the tournament variations do not exist on the switch version... I hope we get a patch soon, this is not cool. It's a shame too because the actual gameplay runs silky smooth at 60fps. I may buy a ps4 copy if they dont patch switch version soon.

Pro4-18

Noob
I hope they release the patch too. I got the switch version to be able to practice on the go. But if the frames are different then other systems what's the point.

friend Code- SW-305456784604

The Switch seems to be behind even the PC version. Because that's the other version I have. Finishing tutorial lessons on PC gave me 1000 coins each. Switch has only been giving me 100 per lesson. Coin gains all around seem to be a lot lower on Switch. Which sucks because things in the Krypt are also way more expensive. The character specific tutorials are locked as well. On top of not getting tower balance updates or the general character balance updates. I really shot myself in the foot getting the two ported versions that will get updates slower than PS4 and X1 lol.

This all being said, I'm still having fun with the game and am impressed with what they have managed to accomplish with the Switch port! I've taken it to work with me the past 2 days and am addicted to being able to play on my lunch breaks.

MKF30

@iiizzzunicorn Hmm that's odd, must be a little behind atm. I mean in terms of gameplay and just about everything else the Switch seems as good as the other versions. I think Shao Kahn getting him was way easier than on the Xbox as I got him right away when I put in the code the Xbox I had to wait, then sign out again, then sign in, then go to install etc They're still updating/patching the game in general, I've read today even on other versions some things still aren't addressed NRS are working on them no doubt. It may have something to do with the fact that the PC and Switch ports were done under a different team even though it's the same game. But yeah it's great on the go to practice and I've played a few matches online it's not bad at all actually. I look forward to see how it plays on the Switch pro too.

If you want you can post your switch friend code, I'll update the topic with it.

Just picked up a switch copy. Just started downloading update (4 more hours left... hoping switch is overestimating that...)

Ill be active in this thread though.
4 hours? Shit man. Mine took about almost 40 minutes, I noticed it went faster on the dock though lol than in handheld mode when it was updating. Yeah I agree, it seems Switch and PC are a little behind the Xbox and PS4 with the updates, I suspect it's cause they were done under a different team. Hopefully this doesn't cause issues for future updates, patches etc btw when you get a chance feel free to post your friend code, I'll update in the main post.

MKF30

I hope they release the patch too. I got the switch version to be able to practice on the go. But if the frames are different then other systems what's the point.

friend Code- SW-305456784604
Ok my friend, your friend code has been added to the main post! I'll add ya.

@iiizzzunicorn Hmm that's odd, must be a little behind atm. I mean in terms of gameplay and just about everything else the Switch seems as good as the other versions. I think Shao Kahn getting him was way easier than on the Xbox as I got him right away when I put in the code the Xbox I had to wait, then sign out again, then sign in, then go to install etc They're still updating/patching the game in general, I've read today even on other versions some things still aren't addressed NRS are working on them no doubt. It may have something to do with the fact that the PC and Switch ports were done under a different team even though it's the same game. But yeah it's great on the go to practice and I've played a few matches online it's not bad at all actually. I look forward to see how it plays on the Switch pro too.

If you want you can post your switch friend code, I'll update the topic with it.
Yeah that's what I said in my post, I figure the updates are behind cause these are the two ported versions. I'm still enjoying it as is though. The gameplay is as solid as it can be on Switch. I'm actually playing right now on my lunch break at work. Thankfully I'm not competitive so character balance updates to me aren't super high on my wishlist. I don't need them instantly or as fast as some other folks want them, but I get why they do. The only reason I kinda wish I had the hotfix character balance updates right now is because I'm a Kitana main and apparently a lot of her move properties have received big changes. So I'm essentially practicing combos right now that already don't work anymore on PS4/X1.

Friend code is 5020-9882-6913

I'm what you would call a "filthy casual" so no one add me if you're expecting any esports level play haha

MKF30

Yeah that's what I said in my post, I figure the updates are behind cause these are the two ported versions. I'm still enjoying it as is though. The gameplay is as solid as it can be on Switch. I'm actually playing right now on my lunch break at work. Thankfully I'm not competitive so character balance updates to me aren't super high on my wishlist. I don't need them instantly or as fast as some other folks want them, but I get why they do. The only reason I kinda wish I had the hotfix character balance updates right now is because I'm a Kitana main and apparently a lot of her move properties have received big changes. So I'm essentially practicing combos right now that already don't work anymore on PS4/X1.

Friend code is 5020-9882-6913

I'm what you would call a "filthy casual" so no one add me if you're expecting any esports level play haha
Apparently, Tyler just made a post on twitter that the consoles and PC versions are being worked on. So I'm sure the switch will get it's patch/update, along with the PC they're just a little later with them. Nice, yeah atm I'm enjoying Raiden the most and they nerfed his Superman property apparently lol but it's probably still decent on the switch version before they update it lol. Yeah I hear ya man, totally. It's all good, I'm still getting used to the controller differences with Switch and Xbox, though the TV dock Switch I have my hori controller which is more or less like the Xbox so there's that + lol

Will update the topic with your thread and add you shortly!

I'm still getting used to the controller differences with Switch and Xbox, though the TV dock Switch I have my hori controller which is more or less like the Xbox so there's that + lol
Oh man! When I was going back and forth between PC playing on an Xbox controller and Switch, the actual button prompts were breaking my brain. Since ABXY are in different positions on each. I ended up switching to a PS4 controller on PC just so that when I'm reading move lists and doing the tutorial stuff, it doesn't mess me up as much.

Matix218

Get over here!
What controller are you guys using for switch? I got a hori "d pad joycon" for use in handheld and i bought a pokken pad planning to use that for docked, however, i realized the pokken pad only has 1 L and 1 R button on the shoulders! It has a ZL and ZR but they are basically useless as they are where the start/ select button usually are... so now i am thinking about getting a ps4 controller adapter.

Just curious what you all are using on switch that has a good d pad

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
What controller are you guys using for switch? I got a hori "d pad joycon" for use in handheld and i bought a pokken pad planning to use that for docked, however, i realized the pokken pad only has 1 L and 1 R button on the shoulders! It has a ZL and ZR but they are basically useless as they are where the start/ select button usually are... so now i am thinking about getting a ps4 controller adapter.

Just curious what you all are using on switch that has a good d pad
I'm just using the official nintendo switch pro controller, feels great in your hands

MKF30

Oh I had heard mixed things about the d pad on the pro controller. Ill have to look into that as a possibility.
The dpad on the pro controller feels amazing classic Nintendo imo combined with an Xbox one feeling controller, best of both worlds. IMHO Nintendo has by far the best d-pads historically dating back to the SNES.

I’ve used 3 depending, I use a horizontal third party pad, the pro sometimes and the joycons in the grip.

MKF30

Oh man! When I was going back and forth between PC playing on an Xbox controller and Switch, the actual button prompts were breaking my brain. Since ABXY are in different positions on each. I ended up switching to a PS4 controller on PC just so that when I'm reading move lists and doing the tutorial stuff, it doesn't mess me up as much.
Yeah dude wow lol that must have been nuts lol switching between all 3 lol. It’s like you know where the buttons are in your head but each console is different with the letters lol

Matix218

Get over here!
The dpad on the pro controller feels amazing classic Nintendo imo combined with an Xbox one feeling controller, best of both worlds. IMHO Nintendo has by far the best d-pads historically dating back to the SNES.

I’ve used 3 depending, I use a horizontal third party pad, the pro sometimes and the joycons in the grip.
I am going to pick one up. Thanks!

SinkFla

Noob
I'll post my friend code here later. But yeah switch Port seems to be the oldest build out of all platforms. Shame really. I want a damn ETA on when they update it lol.

MKF30

Oldest? oh you mean last to be updated, lol thought you meant like the game came out way later lol. Yeah I'm sure it's being worked on as we speak no doubt.

I am going to pick one up. Thanks!
Yep anytime! Oh yeah I also use a Nintendo made wired controller, it looks similar to the pro controller but wired.

MKF30

Yeah this is for the switch ^ lol. But yeah, apparently they've updated the switch finally.

MKF30

I'll post my friend code here later. But yeah switch Port seems to be the oldest build out of all platforms. Shame really. I want a damn ETA on when they update it lol.
Sure dude, whenever you get a chance. All good. I update the thread as people post their FC's.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've only played training in handheld mode so far. I'm getting some pretty heavy slowdown during combos. Is this normal?