What's new

OFFICIAL MORTAL KOMBAT 11 UPDATE FROM WB GAMES

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
They released an official statement about what's included in the patch and when the patch will rollout for each platform.

Hello all,

First, we wanted to say thank you all for your feedback on Mortal Kombat 11 so far. We’re dedicated to bringing you the best experience possible and working to get the latest updates and patches live across all platforms.

We’re aware of the difficulty issues in Towers of Time, and while we’ve made some changes, rest assured there are more on the way. To help you along your way, everyone will receive:

· 500,000 Koins

· 500 Hearts
· 1,000 Soul Fragments
· 1,000 Time Krystals

We’ve broken down the updates coming to each platform below. As always, if you’re experiencing issues, please send a ticket to our CS team at https://support.wbgames.com/hc/en-us. Thank you for being a part of the Mortal Kombat Kommunity!

PS4/Xbox:

We’re aiming to release the patch early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

Switch:

For the Nintendo Switch, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in this series released in the next day or two.

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time · Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time · Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time · Overall improvements to stability

The second patch is in progress and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a release date. This update will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

PC:

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

· Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time

· Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time

· Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time

· Updates to character move values

· Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations

· Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name

We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time

· Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bhh961

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hmm.. Seems like they’re still not completely getting what people are angry about with the Krypt. This release is likely to stoke some flames if people feel they’re not being completely understood.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Whatare people angry about with the Krypt?
Mostly the amounts of currency that it takes to purchase things relative to how long it takes to earn said currency by different means, and then the fact that they’re often spending the currency to get a random unlock — so mainly that they’re not quite sure what they’re getting when they do spend.

Since not everything is earned the same way (some of it is time-based, etc), this will only address part of the issue.

Marlow

Noob
All i really want is Custom variations. I would have sooooo much more fun with these characters, but im going thru them like water because their tournament variations are ....meh....

I hope they add custom variations too. But in the meantime, why not just make your custom variation and play online with that in the casual mode? It's not like the ranked/competitive mode is that meaningful anyways. Unless you're a tournament player, then I understand feeling the pressure to stick with a tournament variation.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I hope they add custom variations too. But in the meantime, why not just make your custom variation and play online with that in the casual mode? It's not like the ranked/competitive mode is that meaningful anyways. Unless you're a tournament player, then I understand feeling the pressure to stick with a tournament variation.
Id rather not until i know its tournament legal. I dont wanna waste my time on something uncertain.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
All i really want is Custom variations. I would have sooooo much more fun with these characters, but im going thru them like water because their tournament variations are ....meh....
Time to move on.. That ship has sailed, at least for a while.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Time to move on.. That ship has sailed, at least for a while.
Nah. Its just stuck at purgatory. This is a subject i will NEVER drop about this game because I 100% believe in my heart that Customs will make the game soooooo much better. Otherwise, im afraid it wont last even 2 years to tbh.

MK11 NEEDS Custom Variations to be tournament/Ranked LEGAL! And If Uncle JBeezY has to say this every damn day, then thats what the fuck i will do.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Hmm.. Seems like they’re still not completely getting what people are angry about with the Krypt. This release is likely to stoke some flames if people feel they’re not being completely understood.
They get it, they're still going to hold out on actually fixing the problem until the last second to get the max amount of soul krystals and cosmetics bought by customers frustrated with the grind.

Flames will get stoked regardless because of the underhanded marketing rollout of this game. They could have let everyone know in advance the inability to play kustom variations in a local versus mode, how the krypt actually was set up, the towers of time requirements and the always online element to the gear, but they did not do that.

It's a wonderful fighting game but they deserve all the flak they get as the game stands now.

Last edited:

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Mostly the amounts of currency that it takes to purchase things relative to how long it takes to earn said currency by different means, and then the fact that they’re often spending the currency to get a random unlock — so mainly that they’re not quite sure what they’re getting when they do spend.

Since not everything is earned the same way (some of it is time-based, etc), this will only address part of the issue.
IMO the Krypt isn't that bad. And unless you looked up online the things in the Krypt, you didn't know what was being unlocked there either. However, the variation icons are annoying to unlock because it feels pointless.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Nah. Its just stuck at purgatory. This is a subject i will NEVER drop about this game because I 100% believe in my heart that Customs will make the game soooooo much better. Otherwise, im afraid it wont last even 2 years to tbh.

MK11 NEEDS Custom Variations to be tournament/Ranked LEGAL! And If Uncle JBeezY has to say this every damn day, then thats what the fuck i will do.

Attachments

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
IMO the Krypt isn't that bad. And unless you looked up online the things in the Krypt, you didn't know what was being unlocked there either. However, the variation icons are annoying to unlock because it feels pointless.
I’d bet that without the tease of Time Krystals people might look at this differently. But the disparity between Time Krystals/the store vs. having to open a chest that might contain something semi-useless is where a lot of the microtransaction complaints are coming from.

I personally don’t care about any of it since I just play the game. But I think it’s important to get the PR and system right since it affects how the millions of other casual fans see the game.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
They get it, they're still going to hold out on actually fixing the problem until the last second to get the max amount of soul krystals and cosmetics bought by customers frustrated with the grind.

You know the purchasing of cosmetics is extremely limited right? Like, you can only buy 3 skins per day. And it's completely random which ones you can buy. I severely doubt that they're making much money off of this, because you're not even biased to get skins for characters you actually like.

Flames will get stoked regardless because of the underhanded marketing rollout of this game. They could have let everyone know in advance the inability to play kustom variations in a local versus mode, how the krypt actually was set up, the towers of time requirements and the always online element to the gear, but they did not do that.

I mean, a lot of this is carried over from Injustice 2. None of this is really new besides the always online factor. And yes, they should've let people know beforehand, I agree.

It's a wonderful fighting game but they deserve all the flak they get as the game stands now.

I disagree. I think a lot of people are being very unfair when perhaps the only issue is Towers of Time and lack of custom variations in ranked.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I was getting legitimately angry in the ToT against Erron Black with 2 life stealing assists and zero cooldown.

Then I realized that I just have to equip 3 of my own assists and spam them. I beat it in 2 tries but it’s just not fun at all. I wish I could earn stuff by playing the classic towers :(