What's new

General/Other (Official) Cyborg Fixes Thread

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Realistically, Cyborg doesn't suck. He's just boring, and anyone that can get past his zoning stomps him into the ground.
Yeahhh. I actually just troll. I think Cyborg is way better than most people do and very much tournament viable (as an alternate).

Cyborg forums are just so dead, almost no high level representation at tournaments, and no one cares on TYM. Any tears I have whether real or fake just go... unnoticed lol

MAKE PEOPLE CARE NRS! I SUPPORT BUFFS TO THE BLACK MAN!

Gruff757

The Gruff
i dont think hes boring, after SrryImWhite suggested I pick him up at casuals on friday, Ive been having a blast trying to figure out how to keep people out of my face half the time lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yeahhh. I actually just troll. I think Cyborg is way better than most people do and very much tournament viable (as an alternate).

Cyborg forums are just so dead, almost no high level representation at tournaments, and no one cares on TYM. Any tears I have whether real or fake just go... unnoticed lol

MAKE PEOPLE CARE NRS! I SUPPORT BUFFS TO THE BLACK MAN!
I think the problem with the lack of Cyborg's is 1. I doubt there is really that much to figure out with him. As presumptuous as it is, I think he is a character that has been fleshed out after 2 weeks. 2. He doesn't work online, the input lag means IANB can't be perfect which really hurts him sometimes.

Oh well, I'll still play him offline...

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
The best way to fix cyborg is to make him kryptonian, make him have a huge god complex, and make him have a fetish for people kneeling to him... real talk

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
his trait needs to be buffed.... so what it heals him it doesnt heal him fast... I want it to be fast and cancellable like killer frost trait so I can make people guard fuzzies or extend combos... or just plain make people approach me w/o me spamming iafb's...

also Im not a fan of his grappling hook inputs... its a nightmare trying to get the inputs out on a stick sometimes.... and it would be nice if it had more armor on start up like on some grundy armor type shit....

Jun_Dp101

Don't mess with the bess
his trait needs to be buffed.... so what it heals him it doesnt heal him fast... I want it to be fast and cancellable like killer frost trait so I can make people guard fuzzies or extend combos... or just plain make people approach me w/o me spamming iafb's...

also Im not a fan of his grappling hook inputs... its a nightmare trying to get the inputs out on a stick sometimes.... and it would be nice if it had more armor on start up like on some grundy armor type shit....
you cancel the trait into grappling hook, still heals you

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
So I think to make trait viable it needs to obviously heal more health and instantly at that....however more important is the ability to cancel from the healing stance. I think it should be possible to cancel with a jump which will allow him to IANB from circuit repair. I want his trait to be used as a fake out tool. Activate trait to get heatlh back sure, but really the potential can lie in his ability to make your opponent to move falsely when you want. Sort of like Sinestro once you start respecting his trait or not becomes a mind game. Cyborg will need to be able to IANB to get people to respect his trait though.(example: You activate trait and they dash or jump in, but you have canceled into ianb to punish them. Next time you activate trait they stay put or walk in slow, but you have committed to healing instead and you get a full charge to their dismay. The move could use a cool down nerf if it is significantly improved. Thoughts? NY_Jailhouse

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
To Note: obviously everything in the OP and thread are not things that should all be fixed/buffed. It is more a list of faults weaknesses of the character that COULD be addressed. Just wanted to bring to light some of the character and show Paulo and hector that there are people out here that do care about the character on a competitive level!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
for some reason I doubt they'll touch it. if you could cancel it immediately into a jump id use it all day long lol
Ugh I hope they do... would be nice with a little redesign. I have heard some rumors at EVO about potential normalizations...

It would also be sweet if we had a little more control of when the grapple had us land. Like grapple fake-outs? Damn...

They probably will not touch him much if at all. He will always be the ultimate counter-pick character for certain MU.

Problem is I am having a character crisis as to who should be my alt. I need something to deal with these damn anti-zoning teleport characters lol. MMH and Zatanna are just the most recent pain in my rear...

7Cole

Noob
Nah I'd rather lose with cyborg, loyal to a fault. Would be nice to get some buff love tho. Hope that cyborg segment zees stream wasn't a this is all you get borg players. Deal.