What's new

Match Footage Official Critique My Deathstroke Gameplay Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I finally have some free time coming up, so I plan on watching all these videos and giving feedback/props. In the meantime, here is part 1 of my training session with Perfect Legend. I just want to add 3 disclaimers:

1) These matches are against evo champ Perfect Legend, who literally wrote the book on Deathstroke, so cut me some slack.

2) I specifically asked him to play as Doomsday, Nightwing, and Ares, who are characters who I already have a lot of trouble with, and am not quite sure how to fight. Because of that, expect to see a lot of hesitation and risky moves as I experiment and attempt to figure out the MU's mid-match.

3) I was experiencing some odd input issues that I don't generally experience. I couldn't seem to get a j3 cross-up to connect for the life of me, I dropped a lot of f23s after confirmed 323s, and had some serious issues getting u2 to come out after b1. Also Low Shot seemed to not want to come out a lot, which really never happens since I play on Hitbox. Not sure what was going on, but either way there were a few matches that were lost primarily due to these issues. The final score ended up being 9/16, but seeing some of the matches I could have ended had my f23 or u2 connected (like at 11:16), it looks like I could have pulled off around a 12/14. Oh well.

And with that, here is part 1 of 4 (I ended up winning the last Doomsday match that cuts out at the clash. It picks up in part 2):

Oh, and you'll have to mute it. The sound is waaay out of synch. :(

Here's part 2. I still have no clue how to approach the Nightwing MU:
I literally lose a quarter of my health bar at 14:58 because the f23 doesn't come out, but the Sword Flip does, causing me to not kill him, but instead to cross over and get whiff punished. Grr...

And finally, here are parts 3 and 4. Not sure why part 4 doesn't include up until the last match, but whatever:

In part 3, you can see how much trouble Ares gives me. It's not pretty...

In part 4, I finally start getting into my groove and am able to put the hurt on a few of PL's characters (though I still can't believe the hitbox on Flash's super...)

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I literally lose a quarter of my health bar at 14:58 because the f23 doesn't come out, but the Sword Flip does, causing me to not kill him, but instead to cross over and get whiff punished. Grr...
THIS RIGHT HERE is why I hardly ever go for the F23 online! In training mode there are no issues I can maxamize my damage 9 out of 10 times but online I just become hesitant and end up doing simplified dial up combos for fear of a whiff punish...SO FRUSTRATING!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Very nice matches Karaoke. I don't know the matchup inside out, but just curious, is the shoulder ram from Dooms negative or positive on block? I'm just wondering if perhaps 132 might be a better string to respond to that, or perhaps F23. Also, it seems he likes to use single moves when pressuring you. Wouldn't a MB B3 punish that?

And for some reason, I can't watch the second video. It's listed as private.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Very nice matches Karaoke. I don't know the matchup inside out, but just curious, is the shoulder ram from Dooms negative or positive on block? I'm just wondering if perhaps 132 might be a better string to respond to that, or perhaps F23. Also, it seems he likes to use single moves when pressuring you. Wouldn't a MB B3 punish that?

And for some reason, I can't watch the second video. It's listed as private.
The basic shoulder ram is negative, the MB shoulder ram is +6.

I should probably mess with 132 a bit more, I'm just not a fan of high-hitting strings, since they can be ducked and punished.

I tried to MB-b3 but the MB shoulder ram counts as two hits and went through my armor.

I'll check on that 2nd video to see what's up. I beat his Nightwing at the beginning, and then get bodied for the next 10 minutes...

[Edit] It should work correctly now. Thanks for the heads up! I'll post the other videos as soon as PL gets them to me. Not quite sure what's taking so long.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
THIS RIGHT HERE is why I hardly ever go for the F23 online! In training mode there are no issues I can maxamize my damage 9 out of 10 times but online I just become hesitant and end up doing simplified dial up combos for fear of a whiff punish...SO FRUSTRATING!
Usually if the f23 doesn't come out, the combo just ends early, costing me some damage and a hard knockdown, but that's about it. That's the first time I've seen the f23 not come out, but the Sword Flip still come out. It definitely screwed me pretty hard.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Don't know if this is something this community is interested in but Im hoping for those that can record their gameplay and are willing to post em, do so here in order to discuss/breakdown strengths, weaknesses, match-ups, strategy, blow ups, getting blown up and just HELPING EACH OTHER GROW!

Im gonna start it off with myself going up against Black Adam and Cyborg. Just the other day Mercenary destroyed me, ggs go out to him!
You've got such a dangerous DS, it's insane. Based on our recent matches I can tell you've already improved a lot, so there's really not much for me to say. Your up-close game is just as vicious as your zoning patterns. The only thing that was odd to me was you not finishing those 323's at around 5:46. I don't really see a reason not to always input the full 323 command. Other than that, most solid DS I've seen!

I post my video against a Doomsday netplayer on PSN Netplay.
Need help.
I see so many missed opportunities to use interactables. There are several occasions where you get smacked by an interactable that you had an opportunity to use mere seconds before. Just remember, even if you're not sure it will connect, every interactable you use is one less that can be used against you.

I also see you going for d2's in your combos. This is a horrible idea because d2 scales the damage so badly, and doesn't really make the combo easier or more efficient. After f3, you're much better off doing a j2 into 323, or just going straight into 323.

J3 > j2. It does more damage, crosses up at crazy angles, leads into 30%+ combos, and is something like +10 on block, despite what the in-game frame data says. It's a bit slower, so you'll lose the occasional air trade, but it's more than worth the risk.

Machine Gun is useless. Way too slow, way too little chip. It looks like you're using it a bit too much (which would include using it at all...).

Never use Super. Even though you connected with it a few times, it's an enormous waste of meter, especially if it doesn't connect. With Doomsday, most of your meter should go towards push-blocking, MB Gunshots, and clash.

You can forward-dash MB Nova Drop and full-combo punish with b3. If you're within range of normal Nova Drop, your best bet is to just MB a b3. You'll eat 9%, but you can dish out a 36% combo (b3-j3-323-f23-Sword Flip).

jonnitti I'm out of time, but I'm looking forward to checking out your vids as soon as possible.

[Edit] Also, I got parts 3 and 4 of my session with PL posted. My gameplay definitely starts to improve about halfway through part 3.