What's new

Match Footage Official Critique My Deathstroke Gameplay Thread

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Post vids of your Deathstroke Gameplay here for all of to see and give pointers/advice/props on.

I'll start with mine http://www.twitch.tv/lodtv/b/392284332

My gameplay starts at about 1:12:23

I'm still getting used to back-to-block, its a new concept to me entirely. One thing I noticed first of all was i tend to go for interactables and sword flips a lot (likely too much tbh). Another thing is i have had no experience playing against human player outside of that day. I tried going for low and overhead combo starters too much and was failing to connect on too many combos.

Practice mode. and switch betnween different combos till you can do them successful at least 10times in a row. if you mess up start all over again. make your combos muscle memory. iv been doing that in practice mode my self getting all my combos down

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Guys DS has a wicked vortex that HAS to be respected otherwise you'll get comboed to death like scorpion. Check the thread 123 frame trap to discuss further.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Don't know if this is something this community is interested in but Im hoping for those that can record their gameplay and are willing to post em, do so here in order to discuss/breakdown strengths, weaknesses, match-ups, strategy, blow ups, getting blown up and just HELPING EACH OTHER GROW!

Im gonna start it off with myself going up against Black Adam and Cyborg. Just the other day Mercenary destroyed me, ggs go out to him!

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Looking back at these games I see how many stray hits I get that aren't confirmed into any damage and just cringe. Im still trying to figure out the ranges for my normals and my inputs for when I jump in are WAY OFF!

Black Adam's back dash is such an amazing tool to retreat/evade any situation BA isn't comfortable with and I felt lucky with landing a jump 3 on a couple of his dive kick attempts.

Cyborg also has an amazing back dash and in a zoning war Cyborg WINS! Need to learn how to punish his stings and/or back dash plus i need to use MORE of my options in close!

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Vs Black Adam':
His dive kicks are actually full punishable on block (you have to block high though). Stay grounded - there's very little reason to jump in this MU. Sure you can iags his dive kicks for 6% (risky) or you can take some chip, and bnb him instead (guaranteed).

I think what's difficult about this MU is how much control BA actually has. He has specials that must be blocked low and some that must be blocked high, so you can never remain in one stance. Fortunately, all of his bullshit is A) react-able and B) punishable; he can't pressure you with any of those specials, they are there to keep you in check. Respect it, block it, punish it.

Regarding his back dash: yes it is very good. You answer is ever trusty gun shot :) If you think he's going to back dash, quick gun shot him - he can't block in time.

Play defensively and cautiously (you don't want to get hit by his BS); punish his blocked specials and force him to come to you. Then body him.

Vs Cyborg:
You can jump his fireballs and punish (if you're spaced correctly). Don't let him get away with brainless nova blasts. Be careful though: he can charge them to put you off your timing.

Target acquired is only active when it explodes: you can jump it and it won't hurt you if it passes you on the way down. Also note he can do it close, normal or far range - be alert.

You also have to remember 'Borg can still shoot his nova blasts and he has Power First, possibly one of the best AA specials in the game after setting target acquired. The key here is to watch what he does after target acquired: if he's done the normal one (landsmid screen range) and he nova blasts, jump forward (never back as it will hit you and he'll get a knock down letting him start his BS again). If he neutral jumps, forward dash the neutral TA and punish. If he jumps forward, back dash or sword flip.

General stuff:
Work on your combos and try and find out your "safe" strings. DS has some BS of his own - make sure you are abusing it! B+2,2,2 is a personal favourite as is 1,2,3 (both are overheads).

Also, don't jump so much unless you know it's going to hit. Focus on a solid ground game instead, with good blocking and respecting your opponent's options (a lot of the BS in this game is fully punishable). You want to always be in a position where you can reaction gun shot or sword flip/spin as necessary. Can't do that if you're jumping.

Otherwise, keep up the good work man!

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Critique my ____ threads are always appreciated as other players can help improve our own partake. We need a mod to combine the other thread with this one. Not much i can input to your match that the guy above me didn't already say.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Lol yeah I guess the caps are misleading. Anyway do have any gameplay to share?
I have the one { more line lots} in the other thread, and then there's my match against Chris g, I'll post the Chris g one when I'm back on my computer

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I have the one { more line lots} in the other thread, and then there's my match against Chris g, I'll post the Chris g one when I'm back on my computer

Looking forward to this for sure. U play him at Next Level, Civil War?

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
[snip]
Need help.
Vs Doomsday:
Last week I made a DD space control thread, have a look:
A Quick Crash Course On Doomsday: The Bad, Then the Good

Using the diagram, Deathstroke's sweet spot in this match up is mid screen (roughly 5-6 character spaces away). At this range, you only have to deal with Venom charge (and MB variation), one of his strings, and a potential MB Supernova - all of which are reactable and punishable at that range.

MB+F3 is your best friend n this entire match. Pretty much beats everything DD throws at you, and it sets you up for a nice 30~% punisher. Save your meter for armoured F+3.

DD's MB Supernova in particular is a right pain in the ass because it tracks for ages. Now, it's possible to dash forward this, but the timing is extremely tight (if you do it too early, he'll track and hit you. Too late and you he'll land before you even dash out of range). I'd much rather spend a bar on F+3 and knock him for six.

If he starts charging you with venom? MB+F3 that shit. If you block it and DD MBs the charge, you can still MB the F3 and it will blow right through his shit.

When he activates trait, then use Machine gun. Otherwise, personally i'd go for quick shot instead - that's your go-to projectile.

Lastly, Deathstroke tends to have a lot of meter in this MU; don't be afraid to spend it on armoured F+3.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

so these are some of my matches from the last break weekly. even though nobody was able to effectively challenge my zoning, i still feel like i could have done it better. any pointers?

also if you're looking for a good laugh some of the comments are pretty priceless lol