What's new

[Oct 26, 2013] King of the Bling 2: BLING NEVER SLEEPS! $1500+ Cash Prizes!!! (Antioch, TN)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
well its official, we had only 9 people enter injustice and basically gave away a little over $500 for nothing. thanks for not supporting the scene guys! we will most likely never have pot bonuses or tourneys in general with injustice again. i find it pretty shitty we put up a good chunk of change in hopes that we would get a good players for the bracket. everyone who said they would show up did not except for maybe 1 or 2, if that. pretty fucked imo. so all in all thanks for those who did show up and for everyone else wtf?
Atlanta and GGA at first had planned to come in full force. Last minute things such as family and inability to get off work forced a lot of the guys to be inable to attend. GGA im not sure about but thats the story from the guys in ATL.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
well its official, we had only 9 people enter injustice and basically gave away a little over $500 for nothing. thanks for not supporting the scene guys! we will most likely never have pot bonuses or tourneys in general with injustice again. i find it pretty shitty we put up a good chunk of change in hopes that we would get a good players for the bracket. everyone who said they would show up did not except for maybe 1 or 2, if that. pretty fucked imo. so all in all thanks for those who did show up and for everyone else wtf?
Im mad i couldnt come but I had a Conference that is required of me of my job to work Audio/Video/Stream for and this job provides me Health insurance, 401k , etc and I wasnt about to commit job suicide for it. There was nothing i could do.

Its always scheduled as the last sat in oct.

If it were any other sat i could have, just sucks. Some atl players dont have cars and needed either reno, Myself or someone else to go and it just never worked.

It isnt just KOB2, I can never make my friday locals due to work but take off work on non required days to attend whatever major i can.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
so this is how you respond to people not showing up at your tournament? this is the most juvenile post i have ever seen a TO make about this situation. a more professional post would have been something like "due the unfortunate circumstances we will not be running X game at Y tournament for Z reasons etc etc". no you literally blamed the customer for the low turnout. you didn't consider why they might not have been able to make it, or why they wouldn't want to make it out in the first place. then you say its Pretty shitty you put a good chunk of change in hopes of a good players bracket? let me stop you right there. the only reason you are dis-appointed in the turnout was because you didn't make a profit or come remotely close to breaking even with that low turnout, NOT because you cared about having a good player bracket for entertainment/competition. if you have ever acted like this in the past no wonder you didn't have more numbers from our community or any other community that you have done this to. being a TO is like running a mini business, you gotta know multiple aspects of the business and run them efficiently in order succeed. also you gotta know when you fail that its part of the business, did you think you would never get this low of a turnout for a gaming tournament? maybe try the pre -registration method out next time, that way you know what your numbers look like a week ahead and not blow a gasket when something like this happens again.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
so this is how you respond to people not showing up at your tournament? this is the most juvenile post i have ever seen a TO make about this situation. a more professional post would have been something like "due the unfortunate circumstances we will not be running X game at Y tournament for Z reasons etc etc". no you literally blamed the customer for the low turnout. you didn't consider why they might not have been able to make it, or why they wouldn't want to make it out in the first place. then you say its Pretty shitty you put a good chunk of change in hopes of a good players bracket? let me stop you right there. the only reason you are dis-appointed in the turnout was because you didn't make a profit or come remotely close to breaking even with that low turnout, NOT because you cared about having a good player bracket for entertainment/competition. if you have ever acted like this in the past no wonder you didn't have more numbers from our community or any other community that you have done this to. being a TO is like running a mini business, you gotta know multiple aspects of the business and run them efficiently in order succeed. also you gotta know when you fail that its part of the business, did you think you would never get this low of a turnout for a gaming tournament? maybe try the pre -registration method out next time, that way you know what your numbers look like a week ahead and not blow a gasket when something like this happens again.
lol im not the TO, and as i said that was my opinion not anyone eles's. i ran stream thats it.....

So let me respond to this monstrosity.

First of all, I am the TO. Brandon was organizing and helping out with the stream. Let's get this clear.

Second of all, I appreciate your "tips" and "interjection" about how to get people to come to a tournament, but I've been running tournaments since you you were probably in grade school including MWC for 20 years, national Alpha 3 tournament, and numerous other sponsored tournaments over the years.

Goldenoreos is merely disappointed in the numbers and voicing his opinion in this matter because the MK/Injustice community is the most vocal about "wanting" stuff for their game and they just don't show up to tournaments.

If this was about "making a profit" you probably should realize that the $25 cover charge we have was for two days TOTAL and included 115 arcade and pinball machines on Free Play. You probably should do your research on this before you accuse me of something like this.

And you really think Pre-reg matters? PDP tournament: 185 people pre-registered. Actually bracket less than 128. People are going to show or not show whether they want to or not. Pre-reg doesn't do anything unless you are flying in a bunch of people on your own dime and dealing with sponsorships like the really big tournaments.

Also, we aren't trying to be a monster size tournament here, just a decent sized one for our area and always run monthlies and have been doing this for ages.

So the bottom line is many thanks for blowing up GoldenOreos when the COMMUNITY says they want X and Y events to take seriously and when free money is thrown at them they don't show. Heck, we have LOCAL players that have NEVER been to the arcade that play Injustice but won't come because, well, they don't want to play in person.

And again, he was not the TO, I was. I didn't say anything about any of this. I just know that we won't be holding anymore Injustice tournaments. That's the official word. 1st Amendment for GoldenOreos, he can say what he wants and I think he is just plain frustrated that people want the game to be taken seriously but just don't care, but LOL if you really think I was thinking this was going to make a gazillion dollars when my cover is way less than everyone else, and I have two days worth of free video and pinball included in the cover.

Most tournaments in general are down because the games are older, people are in school, etc. However, Injustice technically is the newest of these fighting games and people who wanted it to be taken seriously apparently aren't serious enough to come out to tournaments. $550 for a 9 man tournament is pretty good to me =) We just won't be having them in the future.