What's new

obligatory noob post.

hello all... hopefully future friends. my name is Joseph. i come from Ventura County in southern California. i am 21, when i was 5 or 6, there was an arcade called Tilt at the local mall. the first time i played Mortal Kombat was when i found it in the back room where all the violent games were. i grew to love it and was soon unbeatable against all the other kids that came to play. that arcade closed when i was 8 or 9 and i didn't play again until my cousin got an MKII arcade machine for her 14th birthday. again, i quickly relearned all the moves with my favorite, Scorpion and quickly mastered my new favorite, Kitana. we collectively bought a PS2 and MK: DA and regularly held competitions at either my house or hers, after a while we grew unbeatable. after she moved, i played sparingly until i heard about MK9. i dug out my old MK games and played religiously until the release date. while i never mastered ridiculous 20+ hit combos, i could hold my own against all my friends and most of their friends. i'm definitely not Tournament-calibre but i would like to learn more and add to my playing. the main people i play with are the aforementioned Kitana and Scorpion, and i'm beginning to pick up on Ermac. my PSN is House_of_Snipes. i'm always up for a friendly match, just keep in mind. i'm not a top-tier player by far. my online record is like 3 and 25. to be honest, i don't care. for the most part they are fun matches except when i get cornered and annihilated by cheap combos, then it's not even fun anymore. certain attributes that people think make them elite, really make them bothersome to play against and make me lose faith in playing fighting games online.

in summary.
i am Joseph
i play with Kitana mainly, Scorpion and Ermac
my highest combo is probably 14 hits
my PSN is House_of_Snipes

best regards, hope to make friends here.

-J