What's new

NW standing 1 as AA

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I want to know if you have success using this as an AA. I have had limited success but it seems very situational...even d1 for that matter. Any thoughts?

Just picked up Nightwolf but it doesn't seem like something that will work every time. I haven't gotten a chance to try d1 much.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I don't have much luck with just a standing 1 to AA but I do have a fair amount of success if I back dash 122 hatchet sometimes the hatchet connects and I can get a short combo or just a shoulder and sometimes it just whiffs depending on when u catch them and what part of the 122 connects.

His D1 i swear is crazy slow and never works for me I do it on accident and eat a full combo.

Whenever you can get it AA hatchet x3 1,1 122, shoulder, just looks boss. but fuck if my hatchet doesnt get stuffed 57% of the time.

leek

Noob
I know Cage standing 1 works fairly well.

they have similar properties as well, so I couldn't see why not. Really can't pull too much damage out of it, but it's damage given not received like intended with the jump in.

You can do it. but the chances are high that you will fuck up and they will be all in on you. might as well block or use hatchet (which is 50/50 it self)

n9195v

Noob
I only try it when i hit the jump punch early waiting for them to jump. If I panic Jump Punch (or jump kick) or hit them without anticipating it I just give them the shoulder.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
standing 1's tend to have better success than down 1's, just beware that if you mistime it even slightly the punishment is a full combo, some characters have almost guaranteed aa 1's, cages is easily the best in the game

standing 1's tend to have better success than down 1's, just beware that if you mistime it even slightly the punishment is a full combo, some characters have almost guaranteed aa 1's, cages is easily the best in the game
Over Jax & Shang? I dunno about that, tho Cage def gets the best situation after his combos if you're including that.