What's new

NW forum updates

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Looking for suggestions to make this forum cleaner. Now that I am mod I can take care of this stuff. Let me know please.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I think most the other big NW players reside on MKU. l3rainst0rm and Ripcrowley are both more active on MKU. And both part of STB. Thats probably why. Is it just you 4 that really play the fighter competitivly? Damn.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Nightwolf is considered a low tier by most, so naturally he doesnt get much attention. Kinda like Kano or Baraka in that aspect.
Ehh, I disagree. I feel like he is A tier/top 15. He has SO many set ups and does massive dmg. Along with good pressure and pokes. Very hard to zone him as well. Whats bad about that?

EDIT. Also just wanted to say I wasnt saying that you were saying he is bad lol. Just that I disagree with those who do.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ehh, I disagree. I feel like he is A tier/top 15. He has SO many set ups and does massive dmg. Along with good pressure and pokes. Very hard to zone him as well. Whats bad about that?
A large hitbox, problems against low hitbox characters, i dunno. I dont really know the MU/character that well.

NKZero

Noob
Nightwolf isn't top 15 but he isn't one of the worst either. Let's just say that in the right hands he is as dangerous as anyone. I've never had so much fun playing a character....love him so much :). I'd say he is a better and slightly safer version of Scorpion to be honest with you.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Nightwolf isn't top 15 but he isn't one of the worst either. Let's just say that in the right hands he is as dangerous as anyone. I've never had so much fun playing a character....love him so much :). I'd say he is a better and slightly safer version of Scorpion to be honest with you.
Why not top 15? Not trying to be rude. Just genuinely curious about your opinion. I feel like he dosnt lose hard to many if any fighters, has massive dmg, great mix-up, good pressure, good enough pokes, TONS of set-ups, and a great wake-up game. And thats not even the end. I feel like he is very under rated. I also feel like Liu is very under rated. But thats a different forum.

NKZero

Noob
Why not top 15? Not trying to be rude. Just genuinely curious about your opinion. I feel like he dosnt lose hard to many if any fighters, has massive dmg, great mix-up, good pressure, good enough pokes, TONS of set-ups, and a great wake-up game. And thats not even the end. I feel like he is very under rated. I also feel like Liu is very under rated. But thats a different forum.
He has the potential for massive damage...kind of like Scorpion's vortex in a way. His general BNB damage is good yes but nothing spectacular when you compare to other members of the cast like Rain or Ermac for example. His pressure isn't all that great tbh. His pokes are good but the lack of a 6 frame poke is a pain in the ass sometime especially if your opponent is on point with the pokes and counter-pokes. His D3 is really good though. He has good footsies. I think his wake-up game is pretty bad actually. You can either duck and punish or cross up and punish. There's no reason to get blown up by his wake-ups at all. I agree he is underrated and I agree that his mix-ups are ok (but you need good reads and need to take risks).

I just think that there are 15 characters and more better than him. He's anywhere between 20-25 imo.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
He has the potential for massive damage...kind of like Scorpion's vortex in a way. His general BNB damage is good yes but nothing spectacular when you compare to other members of the cast like Rain or Ermac for example. His pressure isn't all that great tbh. His pokes are good but the lack of a 6 frame poke is a pain in the ass sometime especially if your opponent is on point with the pokes and counter-pokes. His D3 is really good though. He has good footsies. I think his wake-up game is pretty bad actually. You can either duck and punish or cross up and punish. There's no reason to get blown up by his wake-ups at all. I agree he is underrated and I agree that his mix-ups are ok (but you need good reads and need to take risks).

I just think that there are 15 characters and more better than him. He's anywhere between 20-25 imo.
I should have been a little more specific. I feel like he has top 15 potential. Kinda like how there are like 8 fighters in top 5 and 13-15 fighters in top 10 etc. I feel like NW CAN be top 15. If I had to place him in a single spot, it would probably be like 18 or something. But I don't agree with a fighter being set in stone in one spot. Like how Kabal, Kenshi, Jax, Freddy, Sonya, Smoke, Kung Lao and even Kitana can all be classafied as top 5 and can easily be in the realm of opinion if any of those fighters were to be put in somones top 5 list. And in my opinion, NW can fit into top 15, at least with my experience. But each person as their opinion and thats just mine.

NKZero

Noob
I should have been a little more specific. I feel like he has top 15 potential. Kinda like how there are like 8 fighters in top 5 and 13-15 fighters in top 10 etc. I feel like NW CAN be top 15. If I had to place him in a single spot, it would probably be like 18 or something. But I don't agree with a fighter being set in stone in one spot. Like how Kabal, Kenshi, Jax, Freddy, Sonya, Smoke, Kung Lao and even Kitana can all be classafied as top 5 and can easily be in the realm of opinion if any of those fighters were to be put in somones top 5 list. And in my opinion, NW can fit into top 15, at least with my experience. But each person as their opinion and thats just mine.
Of course yes each to our own and I agree with you to an extent. But to be honest the main reason he is underrated is because people just don't know him enough. He has a few gimmicks and powerful tricks here and there that will be scary at first but past that deceitful exterior is just a solid character...nothing more nothing less.

Anyways I thought I'd post the characters I think he is 100% worse than and those that he is around the level of.

Characters better than Nightwolf: Kabal, Sonya, Kenshi, Raiden, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johnny Cage, Freddy, Kitana, Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Jax, Skarlet, Mileena, Rain, Sub Zero, Ermac, Liu Kang, Shang Tsung

Characters around his level: Cyber Sub Zero, Noob Saibot, Sindel

Nightwolf is probably as good as or maybe SLIGHTLY better than Cyber Sub. Definitely better than the other two. It's just that his match-up chart isn't that great.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Of course yes each to our own and I agree with you to an extent. But to be honest the main reason he is underrated is because people just don't know him enough. He has a few gimmicks and powerful tricks here and there that will be scary at first but past that deceitful exterior is just a solid character...nothing more nothing less.

Anyways I thought I'd post the characters I think he is 100% worse than and those that he is around the level of.

Characters better than Nightwolf: Kabal, Sonya, Kenshi, Raiden, Kung Lao, Smoke, Johnny Cage, Freddy, Kitana, Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Jax, Skarlet, Mileena, Rain, Sub Zero, Ermac, Liu Kang, Shang Tsung

Characters around his level: Cyber Sub Zero, Noob Saibot, Sindel

Nightwolf is probably as good as or maybe SLIGHTLY better than Cyber Sub. Definitely better than the other two. It's just that his match-up chart isn't that great.
I don't think Sektor, Skarlet, Mileena, Rain, Sub, Ermac or Liu are better than him. I feel like that is the tier he belongs in. Maybe Sek is pushing it though. I also feel like CSZ is in that tier. I think CSZ is also under rated, but by no means top 15. I feel like CSZ is in the same tier as NW, but not top 15 potential, MAYBE 15 exactly, but thats pushing it. CSZ at his best is 15-20 IMO. I know that sounds crazy, but I've been playing the fighter as long as anybody has been playing anyone. And I feel like he has potential to be 15-20. I also have extensive NW experience. Maybe those are the biggest factors on why I think they are better than people give them credit for. I really cant think of 15 fighters better than NW or CSZ honestly. Though I can think of many fighters that are the same level.

I feel like Ermac, Rain, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Liu, Shang and Raiden are all more or less just as good as NW and Cyber. And I feel like these two fighters can compete well against all fighters in the game as long as the MU isnt too bad.

NKZero

Noob
I don't think Sektor, Skarlet, Mileena, Rain, Sub, Ermac or Liu are better than him. I feel like that is the tier he belongs in. Maybe Sek is pushing it though. I also feel like CSZ is in that tier. I think CSZ is also under rated, but by no means top 15. I feel like CSZ is in the same tier as NW, but not top 15 potential, MAYBE 15 exactly, but thats pushing it. CSZ at his best is 15-20 IMO. I know that sounds crazy, but I've been playing the fighter as long as anybody has been playing anyone. And I feel like he has potential to be 15-20. I also have extensive NW experience. Maybe those are the biggest factors on why I think they are better than people give them credit for. I really cant think of 15 fighters better than NW or CSZ honestly. Though I can think of many fighters that are the same level.

I feel like Ermac, Rain, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Liu, Shang and Raiden are all more or less just as good as NW and Cyber. And I feel like these two fighters can compete well against all fighters in the game as long as the MU isnt too bad.
Nightwolf's only 3-7 match imo is Kabal so the rest are definitely do-able.

Anyways I obviously disagree with where you place Nightwolf but we all have different opinions lol. Maybe when I have time we can discuss this further :). But my man you are undeniably crazy if you think Sektor and Raiden aren't better :p

Hes VERY susceptible to pokes every char whit good pokes will manage to do well agains him, you got to respect hes shoulder but you can poke out of it, I can speak in Kitanas name that she can just d1 even the EX one gets stuffed to make him jump and if he jumps hes screwd even worser, also Mileena Sonya, Subzero and some others that got good pokes will make it hard for him.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Nightwolf's only 3-7 match imo is Kabal so the rest are definitely do-able.

Anyways I obviously disagree with where you place Nightwolf but we all have different opinions lol. Maybe when I have time we can discuss this further :). But my man you are undeniably crazy if you think Sektor and Raiden aren't better :p
Well, I take back Sektor. He is better. But Raiden, maaaaaaan, I think NW is on his level. But thats just me. I do place Nw, and Cyber in much different positions than most, I agree. But I promise, I am not crazy ;) Do you play on Xbox? I feel like I hav asked you this before, but if you do I'd love to play sometime.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Hes VERY susceptible to pokes every char whit good pokes will manage to do well agains him, you got to respect hes shoulder but you can poke out of it, I can speak in Kitanas name that she can just d1 even the EX one gets stuffed to make him jump and if he jumps hes screwd even worser, also Mileena Sonya, Subzero and some others that got good pokes will make it hard for him.
You cant duck shoulder on reaction. Only on read. And he isnt really susceptable to pokes. He has to mix up standing 1 pressure with f3 to bait the poke and catch them.

NKZero

Noob
Well, I take back Sektor. He is better. But Raiden, maaaaaaan, I think NW is on his level. But thats just me. I do place Nw, and Cyber in much different positions than most, I agree. But I promise, I am not crazy ;) Do you play on Xbox? I feel like I hav asked you this before, but if you do I'd love to play sometime.
I'll be the judge of your sanity :). No I don't actually I use a better console.....:REO. Ok it's good to hear you acknowledge that Sektor>Nightwolf but come on Raiden must be as well. Raiden to me is top 5 in this game (don't call me crazy) because he has an answer for nearly everything and he only has two losing match-ups in my opinion.

The thing is I am not demeriting the "legitness" of a character such as NW or CSZ but there are just characters with better tools or match-ups than them.