What's new

NW combos online

-DUDE-

Noob
i have a question! :)
i picked up NW a while ago and trained his bnbs in training mode... i can land them now pretty consistantly in training or when playin offline vs friends!

but i have such a freakin hard time online... in like 95% of the time i cant even land the first "dash 1" after hatchet,hatchet! the opponenst always fall to the ground before i can hit them...

are there any tipps or tricks to land them properly online? do u guys land them consistently online???
i think NW is such a great character! it would be a f.....g shame if i would drop him just because of that stupid lag!
need some advice!!!

I can do them pretty consistently online, but not as well as offline obviously. No real tips, but if the lag is too bad I just resort to a simple uppercut after the 2nd hatchet. Not as much damage, but Ill take it in a laggy match.

-DUDE-

Noob
ok, thx for the response! i think i just have to train more and find some people with a decent connection to play with :)

kinda funny because i can do the njp combo with reptile most of the time online but with nw it doesnt work well for me...

ok, thx for the response! i think i just have to train more and find some people with a decent connection to play with :)

kinda funny because i can do the njp combo with reptile most of the time online but with nw it doesnt work well for me...
Yea what boysboysboys put is a lot more consistent for f31 both online and off but for 122 or b22 into hatchet i always do the bnb both online and off

This happens to me sometimes. It's why I've adopted a decent combo that only requires one dash. It still does 35% damage even without a jump in punch. Anything into Hatchet > Hatchet > Dash 1, 1 > Bow > Shoulder.

Sometimes in extreme cases I can't even link the hatchet off of a starter like b2, 2 because of negative edge and lag conspiring against me. If I'm in one of those matches I just refuse a rematch.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Boys is right, but sometimes even the dash is hard to do due to lag. Search for connections that allow for you to combo the way you want, try not to dumb down your game just to play online if you can avoid it.

-DUDE-

Noob
just for the record! its gettin better with my online nw combos... just a matter of practice, connection and figuring out the correct timing online (to do everything a little bit slower seems to work better for me!?)! thx for the help! much appreciated

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
just for the record! its gettin better with my online nw combos... just a matter of practice, connection and figuring out the correct timing online (to do everything a little bit slower seems to work better for me!?)! thx for the help! much appreciated
Yh when it comes to doing combos online you can't rely on visual cues at all you just have to make your you have the timing down. Even with atrocious input lag (which I don't get very often) I can still get mileena's bnb's because all I have to do is dial the inputs straight atfer each other. I'm guessin nw's combo's are a bit harder online though seeing as he has to wait for the opponent to fall a certain distance till he does an attack though.

See if you can get the combos down offline with your eyes closed lol and online you should be less likely to screw up once you have the timing perfect. And like others have said no reason not to do something a bit easier which is more consistent and the dmg isn't too much lower.