What's new

NRS plans to add more moves as the game goes on post release

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04/02/netherrealm-is-open-to-adding-more-custom-moves-to-mortal-kombat-11-as-dlc

Its not exactly confirmed according to this interview but its not ruled out either.

If this is true, just hope Skarlet gets her Ninja moveset down the way, The Red Dash and its followups with Slide and Slashes, and the kunai throws and air Kunai throws, and the angled blood ball as well.

Even if it takes 2 slots to equip that would be awesome.

Subs are going to request for the Ice Clone for sure.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Makes sense, given that they were talking about adding pre-set variations through the game's life. GI speculates that this will cost money, but I would hope NRS is smarter than that.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Hopefully this won't mean some characters get special treatment while others get screwed over. They should all get an equal amount of new moves, not just SOME of the characters. It's bad enough NRS have done that in the past when it comes to costumes, and they're aesthetic only. Giving some characters special moves, however, affects the entire balance of the game!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
DLC....moves? Hrm. Mega hrm. I guess I'd have to wait and see how that would play out.
Idk, it’ll probably just be some new tourney ranked/legal presets.

I doubt they’d charge for something like that, but the way DLC has being evolving in the gaming
Industry I wouldn’t even be shocked.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
Idk, it’ll probably just be some new tourney ranked/legal presets.

I doubt they’d charge for something like that, but the way DLC has being evolving in the gaming
Industry I wouldn’t even be shocked.
I think paying for moves is 300% silly and would be really unfair to players who couldn't pay for them.

I thiiink....if this were to be fairly balanced, I would do it like this:

• Every character gets a new move, about 2. Three tops.
  • About two characters per month get the new moves.
  • Maaaaybe have fan input for certain characters? Like Sub-Zero's ice clone, as said above.
  • It's 100% free.
I'm not a marketing kind of guy, though. I just think this would be the most fair way to do it. Any idea to improve it would be welcome, lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think paying for moves is 300% silly and would be really unfair to players who couldn't pay for them.

I thiiink....if this were to be fairly balanced, I would do it like this:

• Every character gets a new move, about 2. Three tops.
  • About two characters per month get the new moves.
  • Maaaaybe have fan input for certain characters? Like Sub-Zero's ice clone, as said above.
  • It's 100% free.
I'm not a marketing kind of guy, though. I just think this would be the most fair way to do it. Any idea to improve it would be welcome, lol.
It’d have to be 2-3, so it they could just be put out as new preset competitive legal variations and not added to the pile of moves we’ll never get to see outside of playematch and local

Pizza

Thrill Kill
This is bullshit. We're heading to the day when characters will be released just with basic punches and kicks lol and every other mover is gonna be sold as DLC

Mizar

Noob
"Though it’s likely such DLC would be paid"
If they go ahead with this idea, hopefully its in free updates...

methademic

UPR Methademic
Did any of you read the article lol? They never once say they are charging people for moves, that is speculation from GI

This is the quote in question: And [extra moves do] sound like one of the things that would naturally, maybe, kind of flow out of that as we add DLC characters and we patch, and things like that.”

Adding moves in a patch cycle =/= paying for them or pay to win.

Aramonde

Noob
If moves are DLC that is fucked up, like EA SW BF2 or SFxTekken fucked up. I will not support business practices like this. NRS needs to clarify this asap.

I'd love to get more War Banner strings for Baraka.

Just please don't give him Scrape Kick, fuck that garbage move.

Good. Now take away Baraka’a flag attack as a normal special and make it a variation move, it’s annoying
You mean the command where he just plants the flag? Isnt War Banner Bash a custom move?