What's new

NRS open to adding custom moves as DlC

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
While the idea is nice in theory, in practice it would be a fucking game balance nightmare.

The only way I can see this work is to look at what characters are missing, patch them, and then fill in holes AFTER some serious month-long active testing with top players that won't Agenda Nerf a character just so their mains don't end up having to work to win.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I mean, wouldn't this happen anyway? In just about every patch we received, character's were given new moves. I feel like it's a no brainer that we'd see new moves added as the game progresses.

Give us more gear/skins/stages. I'd be more than happy to pay for whatever NRS has planned.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Im all for it. Why only add new characters to the roster as DLC if you can also add to the already existing cast.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
While the idea is nice in theory, in practice it would be a fucking game balance nightmare.

The only way I can see this work is to look at what characters are missing, patch them, and then fill in holes AFTER some serious month-long active testing with top players that won't Agenda Nerf a character just so their mains don't end up having to work to win.
I still think custom variations should be easier to balance than standard ones. They basically need to balance the single moves instead of balance them all together, plus add the fact that they can make moves cost more/less slots this way.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
It'd for sure be a great way to keep the game feeling fresh if you only stick to a few characters. I'd only be concerned if new abilities were too focused on covering a character's weaknesses instead of complementing their strengths.

MK Led

Umbasa
I still think custom variations should be easier to balance than standard ones. They basically need to balance the single moves instead of balance them all together, plus add the fact that they can make moves cost more/less slots this way.
I would have thought it’s more work as they need to balance every possible combination to make sure nothing is too broke, not just a set three like in mkx

They need to bring back Scorpions leg takedown and Sonya’s leg grab. Neither one of those moves would hurt the game. Both great ways to end a combo and even Sonya’s could enhance to add a little more depth