What's new

NRS may do PC version of MK X, says Boon in TRMK interview!

Immortal

Blind justice....
"Ed Boon: NetherRealm is only doing the PS4 and Xbox One Versions. We may be doing the PC version as well, but the consoles are the priority. While we may be involved in the solution we will not be doing the implementation of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions."

God, that would be awesome, no more lazy ports by High Voltage with no support.

I'm hype! :)

Well doesn't this confirm PC version won't be released at the same time as the console versions if they're the priority?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
this is good news, however, I think they will focus all efforts first in the next generation consoles, and so, if the final result is great and well received (meaning good sales $$), maybe they will involve direclty on PC version development .... anyway the fact alone that will have a PC version anyway, is just great , so .....

Immortal

Blind justice....
That's my concern also. Somebody should really ask Boon about this.

Still hoping for same date - release as next gen. :)

xenogorgeous

Pretty sure they confirmed that the PC version will release along side the console versions.
yep sort of .... MK9 sold well, so, MKX will probably do good, since developers saw that PC port can run pretty well all game mechanics and effects, if not, better than the system consoles .... so, for exigent customers that want the best possible final version, PC seems to be the way to go

Immortal

Blind justice....
The newest generation of consoles are basically PCs. No more Cell processors, etc -- it's basically just a PC in a box.
That's true, thou its AMD APU to be exact and on PC you don't have low level access to hardware (a side from Mantle atm) like on consoles, so it still need some "porting" tweaks before release.

xenogorgeous

The newest generation of consoles are basically PCs. No more Cell processors, etc -- it's basically just a PC in a box.
yeah, that's right .... even developers said in E3 that thanks to that, now, it's easier to program games for this generation than the previous one ..... porting and writing games for PS3 it's a truly nightmare, according some specialits, hehe

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I would like to get MKX on PC, but the fighting game community is no where the size of consoles. I find matches for SF rather quickly, but from what I hear MK and IGAU are a wasteland online.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I would like to get MKX on PC, but the fighting game community is no where the size of consoles. I find matches for SF rather quickly, but from what I hear MK and IGAU are a wasteland online.
There was never and still isn't any problem with finding players in MK on PC in EU. Lobbies have from 40 do 150 players all the time. IGAU kinda died that's true.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
If you're not a PC player, this is HUGE news. High Voltage Studios has been absolute garbage.