What's new

NRS Cancels Last Chance Qualifier Event, Removes Live Audience From Final Kombat Just Day Before the Event

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
A little slow on that "difficult decision," guys. I get this likely had to pass a LOT of red tape and managerial discussion, but holy fuck the deadline for an announcement like this shoulda been way earlier. As people have responded to the tweet, imagine those who spent a ton of time on planning and travel to get there.

Zviko

Noob
Last spot might actually go to Kombat since he was 13th. Either that or TekkenMaster advances. What else can they do.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I completely understand and respect NRS cancelling the event and making FK not have a live crowd, makes perfect sense and was a smart move
With that said
This is something that should have been thought over and decided days ago, hundreds of people are already flying and landing in Chicago right now for essentially nothing.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Last spot might actually go to Kombat since he was 13th. Either that or TekkenMaster advances. What else can they do.
Tweedy and KitanaPrime posted sth on Twitter about Kombat being in now. I guess it makes sense, he is tied for points with Semij. Haven't seen an official statement though.

So every player who traveled and risked their health to get there risked it for nothing.

I was way more hyped for LCQ, it was full of potential killers. I don't give a flying FLUCK about Final Kombat after this. It's Sonic or Ninja, will be boring AF. I'll catch the Spawn trailer on Youtube afterwards.

I really feel for those who trained hard for LCQ and traveled for nothing. Have a safe way back!

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Unacceptable. They should've cancelled it days ago.

And refunds mean shit to people who already took a flight and booked hotels (they got frustrated as well as got exposed to the virus for nothing).

NRS, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Don't be short sighted... WB/NRS will refund the booked hotels and flights as well.

This was deffo not an easy decision to take and knowing WB, they would prob wanted to cancel the finals on sunday as well. There must have been a lot of back and forth to enable NRS to at least get the finals.

We don't know the details, but it's easier to manage a smaller group of people rather than LCQ.

So they did well with this decision, wether you understand it or not. It hurts them as well but imagine the event going on, against health organizations instructions mind you, people got infected. It would be way worse dealing with all the backlash from being responsible to spread a virus, rather than taking measures to avoid such a thing.

COVID-19 ain't a joke guys, don't be ignorant, there's a lot of misinformation and over hyping of the situation by the media, that is correct, however it's not some flu.

I was looking forward for the LCQ, but I'm glad they did the decision now, taking some flak, but in the end it's the smart call to do.

Slymind

Noob
What? now you decided to cancel, one day before the event? This is BS.

This will be heartbreaking for a lot of players, i think our scene will take a hit now.

Refund the flight ticket is not going to make it up for the time lost travelling, for the time spent training, and for the whole inconvenience.

Really dissapointed.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
i am not sure if i would handle it that way. everyone who participate is a grown up human being who should for himself decide if the risk is it worth or not to go to the lcq. i mean either you cancel/postpone the whole thing or not. whats when someone of the top 16 is infected...

is there some huge outbreak in chicago right now? not sure about the situation in the city.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
and refunds mean shit to people who already took a flight and booked hotels (they got frustrated as well as got exposed to the virus for nothing).
they are refunding flights and accommodation as well. .. maybe read the NRS feed before acting all righteous.

NRS should have made this decision a week ago, but they made the correct choice. They are refunding tickets, travel and accommodation, which is going to hit them financially and that includes return travel.

They are doing everything they can to make this right, and spectators and players looses nothing but time and maybe a day or two of work... but guess what shit happens, life happens.

I can not see how this is a big issue to act all pissy about. Does it suck? Sure, is it, but the actual impact on people is so minimal. I mean what more can they do?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
they are refunding flights and accommodation as well. .. maybe read the NRS feed before acting all righteous.

NRS should have made this decision a week ago, but they made the correct choice. They are refunding tickets, travel and accommodation, which is going to hit them financially and that includes return travel.

They are doing everything they can to make this right, and spectators and players looses nothing but time and maybe a day or two of work... but guess what shit happens, life happens.

I can not see how this is a big issue to act all pissy about. Does it suck? Sure, is it, but the actual impact on people is so minimal. I mean what more can they do?
they should have postponed it a few weeks or month. whats the point of canceling one part of the event due to the corona virus while you give a fuck about the top16+ guys and risk them getting sick? its half assed and just done for the sake of the promotion of stuff at the end of it.

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
they should have postponed it a few weeks or month. whats the point of canceling one part of the event due to the corona virus while you give a fuck about the top16+ guys and risk them getting sick? its half assed and just done for the sake of the promotion of stuff at the end of it.
Perhaps they can manage prevention with that smaller player count rather than more than 100 people.

Just how I see it, I could be wrong.

Zviko

Noob

Day or two of work? Wdym man, all these pros busted their asses off for months preparing for this event.