What's new

NRS are fooling us - Kombat League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It’s supposed to be some sort of proper ranked mode, Derek talked about it during that live Shang Tsung reveal a few months back.

I’d rather they push it back than they release something unfinished, you know, kinda don’t want a repeat of april 23rd and I’m sure they don’t either.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
For those questioning what the Kombat League is: there's like a 99% chance it's a proper ranked. Take a look here: https://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk11/kk_borders/

In the game's files that are more Kombat Kard customizations including borders and something new named badges. Given how they look, they are themed/colored, it's easy to assume it has to do with a ranking system. But if you look at the file names it basically confirms it. Taken from the file names, it looks like the rankings are:
  • Novice (unranked?)
  • Kombatant (bronze)
  • Warrior (silver)
  • Champion (gold)
  • Master (platinum)
  • Grand Master (sapphire)
  • Demi God (emerald)
  • God (ruby)
  • Elder God (diamond)
The badges in order from worst to best:
View attachment 14542
Maybe it's like the Killer Instinct ranked mode where the ranks get reset every month. If I remember correctly it is also based on whichever fighter you choose.

Last edited:

Wallach

Noob
Two Ranked Modes? :rolleyes:
The current "ranked" mode feels like a placeholder, honestly. There doesn't even seem to be any matchmaking algorithm. I sometimes watch Titaniumtigerzz' stream and it will match him up with people that have 0-3 total games played on the regular.

I think it's likely whatever post launch plans they had got altered when the game was not received how they expected it to be.
Completely this. They are dealing with so much right now. Still probably working on kp1 as well which we haven't heard anything about yet on top of all the other crap.

DeftMonk

Noob
Completely this. They are dealing with so much right now. Still probably working on kp1 as well which we haven't heard anything about yet on top of all the other crap.
Don’t think it’s this at all. Game was obviously rushed(no word from nrs about numerous subjects, dlc chars hush hush probably still in development, kombat league date pushed back numerous times and custom variation system last minute turning into 2 variation system), and probably will be playing catch up for a half a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.