What's new

Now that the Tremor Kameo has been confirmed to have variations, what else could we expect from upcoming Kameos?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
To me, this is incredibly exciting and leaves room for SO MUCH potential in upcoming Kameos.

With Tremor having variations, it's clearly a callback to MKX. What else could we expect from other Kameos? Possibly some other mechanics from previous games? Here's some things I thought of:

• An MK11 version of Kotal Kahn that has Krushing Blows
  • An MK9 version of Skarlet (not quite sure what the unique mechanic from MK9 would be but I loved this version of Skarlet)
  • An MK vs DC version of Deathstroke that grants that stupid big mode powerup or something
  • A 3D era version of Drahmin with weapon/style stances
I'm just spitballing here, but if NRS is willing to go in hard enough on the Tremor Kameo and give it variations, they could absolutely give nods to past titles as well using other Kameos. So many possibilities. With all the absurd timeline shit they've done in the past two games, they could go wild and put a Kameo in for a character in Mortal Kombat 20 or some shit.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Where exactly was it confirmed he has variations?

Edit: Nvm just saw boons tweet. Tbh I think this might be Tremor-exclusive. Maaaybe khameleon will have a similar flavorful mechanic, but I doubt the majority of future kameos are going to be that unique. So far we have only Shujinko who is probably the least used kameo

Last edited:

josephf5

Noob
I think a Kronika Kameo with the ability to manipulate the round timer would be interesting. Like maybe she could slow down or speed up the clock somehow. It could create a new time out strategy and inadvertently buff some characters who are good at stalling.

its obviously a nod to his mkx origins, so id expect more of those nods to wherever a character comes from.

maybe janet cage will be a kameo with her own kameo :DOGE

Plop

Noob
I got so excited when i saw Tremor had variations, but then I realised each variation will probably just have one good move and the rest will be Cyrax-bomb levels of unusable. That's if we're lucky. He might just have one usable variation. Hoping they're gonna prove me wrong with this cos Tremor is the kameo I'm most excited for.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It really is an interesting concept, and it makes me wonder what they'll do with Khameleon. Will she have one move from each female ninja, or will she have a full kit from each one and swap between them?

This idea of changing specials makes me hope they make Noob-Smoke a kameo in the future. They could make some really interesting things with that.

I'm extremely excited for Kameo variations to become a thing. But there is concerns. The main problem I'm worried about is NRS being able to keep things balanced enough where lower tiers can be buffed by Kameos but not buff the S Tiers like Johnny.

This is gonna be a hard thing to do with Kameos alone unless they can somehow intentionally create a single Kameo for a specific lower tier character that just only synergizes with them alone and characters like Johnny just give up to much utility and dirt by not picking Lao Kameo.

I don't think simply making Kameos be the main tool to bring only lower tiers up to A+ is a realistic option especially with how NRS has balanced in the past. They will simply have to give very specific minor buffs to mid and low tier characters that are meant to deal with oppressive S Tier gameplans like Johnny Cage having plus frames, constantly being in your face with a single option to poke that can be baited with Parry or staggers. Maybe Sub Zero gets a specifically designed Ice Parry or something along those lines.

But for the sake of Kameo Variations adding more options to all characters, I'm definitely down for it as long as the lower tiers get some minor buffs with 2 months of breathing to see where it places the character in the then current meta.

How does everyone else think new kameos or variations will effect the whole roster and will it bring lower tiers up without making S Tiers stronger?

josephf5

Noob
I’m most interested in seeing how Ferra is going to work. I think it would be hilarious if she actually rode on your character’s back the whole time.

Also, Khameleon should turn into a lizard like Reptile, but it should be a different color lizard depending on which move you use. So if she uses a Jade move, she’s a green lizard, a Kitana move, a blue one, etc.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I’m most interested in seeing how Ferra is going to work. I think it would be hilarious if she actually rode on your character’s back the whole time.

Also, Khameleon should turn into a lizard like Reptile, but it should be a different color lizard depending on which move you use. So if she uses a Jade move, she’s a green lizard, a Kitana move, a blue one, etc.
I'm assuming Ferra will be the small version of herself but there's a slight chance she's the full-grown version she becomes in her MKX ending. I feel like there's a lot of possibilities for both versions. Seems like an excellent choice for a Kameo either way.