What's new

Now that a major problem will be fixed, should reviews be revisited?

Moco64

Noob
So, Yes. A major gripe in pretty much all reviews out there complained about the koins earned, tower grind, etc. That will be fixed this week, there is no reason to complain anymore. I feel that all the reviews out there can impact people (mostly single players) from not buying the game.

Do you think sites should go back and re-review the games? I do.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
In this day and age I think review should go up at least a week or two after launch. So much stuff is patched/changed following release (for good or bad) that the launch day review often doesn't really reflect the "final" game.

Anyway, in this case, for all they will fix (and it's still to see how and when it's even fixed) the design of the game will still be the same, it will still be grindy and RNG based unless they do a full fledged big game changing patch like they did with Diablo 3 for mostly the same complaints. So the criticism raised to the game will mostly still be valid.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
I disagree heavily.

The company that made the game decides when to release it. People such as myself paid for it before it even came out. If the game launches with serious problems, it should be judged on them.
You don't pre-order these days anything , these companies try to milk people based on their nostalgia to something.
I have no idea what kind of ape-brain would give 20$ for stuff that should be in the game for free.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
In an ideal world, I think that game criticism as a whole should better adapt to how games have changed as a product and provide periodic updates to games that change over the course of their life. But I don't think that MK11 is an exceptional case that deserves an immediate retrial because of a patch one week in, no. That's just not efficient.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Not at all.

Accountability?... We used to have pure unfiltered accountability. Gaming companies used to DIE. Not because of "Scathing reviews and reap what you sow karma", but because if they released a lemon we didn't fucking buy another game from them. I come from a time where the money grab was real, and it was happening before you even put the cart in your god damn system. We're talking box art and the sticker on the cart and the advertisements not lining up with even 1/10th of what was actually on the game. Broken games that would brick consoles. You shitheads want to pretend like you're being wronged, like NRS has sold you a pile of dogshit and now they should lay in it forever with no redemption, while you're still playing the god damn game and getting enjoyment out of it.

Just swallow a battery already.
Do You Want a snickers?
(I agree with you though)

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
You can't justify the systems they put in place. Also the reviews should stay until the problem is SOLVED not addressed. I highly doubt this patch is going to fix everything.

Moreover, the Anti-SJW reviewers should be removed. I think that the score should reflect all things considered. I give it a 7/10. Those point deductions are from the grindy-money-making goals they have.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
You can't justify the systems they put in place. Also the reviews should stay until the problem is SOLVED not addressed. I highly doubt this patch is going to fix everything.

Moreover, the Anti-SJW reviewers should be removed. I think that the score should reflect all things considered. I give it a 7/10. Those point deductions are from the grindy-money-making goals they have.
It Won't people will always complain

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
You don't pre-order these days anything , these companies try to milk people based on their nostalgia to something.
I have no idea what kind of ape-brain would give 20$ for stuff that should be in the game for free.
I agree the pre order was a lapse on my judgement and mine alone. Mortal Kombat is a very important franchise to me, it's literally the only game i've ever pre ordered and i have the classic logo tattooed on my calf.

Being such a hardcore fan, one who is willing to pay for the product in advance, i expect a certain standar of quality. I'm a loving fanboy, but with limits and i'm not blind. Despite my love, i don't need mortal kombat, but it NEEDS me, or people like me, or else no money.

The fact that this is the second MK in a row to launch with such terrible issues is annoying at minimum, personally insulting and possibly even predatory, so launch day reviews shouldn't be changed.

A re-review a month down the line? Sure. But it won't lead to more day 1 sales and higher total review scores.

Moco64

Noob
If not a new score, at least take a look back after like a month or so. I'm a huge MK nerd and the grind isn't getting to me at all, nor am I getting aggravating at stage modifiers. Right now I'd set the price at 9 or 9.5. I'm an MK nut tho.

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
It's a perfectly valid complaint, though, even if a bit out of touch with the times. Maybe the times are a bit out of touch with a huge part of the population as well..
Not only that, I thought games were the realm to escape this political/societal bullshit?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So, Yes. A major gripe in pretty much all reviews out there complained about the koins earned, tower grind, etc. That will be fixed this week, there is no reason to complain anymore. I feel that all the reviews out there can impact people (mostly single players) from not buying the game.

Do you think sites should go back and re-review the games? I do.
Are you forgetting the REAL REASONS?!

Jax promotes WHITE GENOCIDE
Western society is CRUMBLING
This game is political propaganda made by SJWs
This game is FEMINIST
This game is FAR LEFT
This game promotes communism

and most importantly:

So no, they won't change their reviews.