What's new

Not trying.

Ever played a match, and it was either too hard, or too easy to win, and you stay in the room, but put forth no effort into trying; eliminate things you can do to make it a challenge?

Sometimes when I'm fighting someone who is really easy to beat, I'll play, for example Cyrax, and not use the net, or jump the entire match to give myself a challenge, and practice more specific strategies.

Or if it's too difficult, I'll pick my worst characters, and try and get some practice in with them so I can be more proficient.

I do this often, and find the results hilarious. People think you're trying so hard to win, and you'll beat em 20 times in a row, force the match to be hard for yourself, and then get insulted for 10000 years in a row because you lost once?

I think it's funny.

I play a LOT for fun, and rarely do I play serious matches. If you ever want to play a serious match, let me know because I've gotten this rep as a complete MK idiot/noob because I almost force myself to lose lol..

Anyone else do this?

I usually play people I meet as Scorpion first to test their skill. If they're not good, I keep using Scorpion, and if they are good, I will use real characters. Then again, I don't think this classifies as "no effort", because my playing style is essentially the same and I do make a conscious effort to fight. (I do this also because I find Scorpion's ffdu run fatality amusing, and people's reactions even more amusing.)

(On a side note, I faced you recently, and unfortunately got disconnected because of the check mark glitch. However, from what I did hear of your microphone, despite it being rather soft in terms of audibility, you did seem a bit of a complainer, and when I thought you said that I used Scorpion too much, I picked Stryker, and you were like "oh, well just speaking out what's in my mind" or something to that degree. My Scorpion is the least of it, be glad I did not use Human Smoke on you.)

Lord PsyBorg said:
I usually play people I meet as Scorpion first to test their skill. If they're not good, I keep using Scorpion, and if they are good, I will use real characters. Then again, I don't think this classifies as "no effort", because my playing style is essentially the same and I do make a conscious effort to fight. (I do this also because I find Scorpion's ffdu run fatality amusing, and people's reactions even more amusing.)

(On a side note, I faced you recently, and unfortunately got disconnected because of the check mark glitch. However, from what I did hear of your microphone, despite it being rather soft in terms of audibility, you did seem a bit of a complainer, and when I thought you said that I used Scorpion too much, I picked Stryker, and you were like "oh, well just speaking out what's in my mind" or something to that degree. My Scorpion is the least of it, be glad I did not use Human Smoke on you.)
I dunno man.. I don't remember seeing you online. You're one of the few people from UltimateMK I like in particular, and I find it a bit hard to believe I would speak down to you. Possibly a misunderstanding (or I might have been under the influence of something) but I can promise you, I wouldn't speak bad to you by purpose.

Birkin

Noob
Roffle copter at under the influence.

I played you and you do complain and you even tried to put me down (I think) by saying that Stryker's infinite was like the easiest in the game and it took no skill. Don't worry, I'm in the process of getting Kung's down, I can do it already.

megalomaniacvon said:
Lord PsyBorg said:

I dunno man.. I don't remember seeing you online. You're one of the few people from UltimateMK I like in particular, and I find it a bit hard to believe I would speak down to you. Possibly a misunderstanding (or I might have been under the influence of something) but I can promise you, I wouldn't speak bad to you by purpose.
It's all cool for now, as I did not hear most of what you were saying. But if it does happen that you are complaining, regardless of your intoxication status, then it won't be cool.

Go smoke a cock, [ban incoming].
I am curious as to how this is possible.

Birkin said:
Roffle copter at under the influence.

I played you and you do complain and you even tried to put me down (I think) by saying that Stryker's infinite was like the easiest in the game and it took no skill. Don't worry, I'm in the process of getting Kung's down, I can do it already.
Yeah I did that to him a few weeks ago and all he said was: "You played Kung Lao this match just so you could do the stupid infinte didn't you?"

And repeated that for the duration of the match.

Yeah, I remember saying that. So what? You did only pick Kung Lao to do his infinite.. Which you couldn't. And you lost.

And I STILL talked shit.
It's all part of the competition..

Smoking a cock sounds impossible, but since you're attempt at a gay bash was so poorly executed, how about you just ask me how to SUCK a cock. I could be more apt to help you.

megalomaniacvon said:
Smoking a cock sounds impossible, but since you're attempt at a gay bash was so poorly executed, how about you just ask me how to SUCK a cock. I could be more apt to help you.
Nah, I'm not into that stuff, but you can go ahead and end yourself for doing such things. :arrow:

Kazlaz

Noob
Annihilator83 said:
megalomaniacvon said:
Nah, I'm not into that stuff, but you can go ahead and end yourself for doing such things. :arrow:
the spreading of aids is always a harsh a dark path.

let us have a moment of silence

Scheisse said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude, Scheisse, you rock my world.

Well, sorta.

Eh, but all kidding aside, I promise y'all I'm really a nice person. If you just plug your mics in and say hi, I guarentee you I won't say mean things lol.

megalomaniacvon said:
Yeah, I remember saying that. So what? You did only pick Kung Lao to do his infinite.. Which you couldn't. And you lost.

And I STILL talked shit.
It's all part of the competition..
No, I did not do his infinite that match, but that doesn't mean I can't do it. I don't actually recall the outcome of that match but I'll take your word for it. And your shit talking is just retarded. My personal favorite: "Your taking advantage of the fact that I don't block!!" Basically, you blame your losing on you not trying, or not blocking. I also remeber you complaining about rushing down with high kicks that keep you from jumping away. Simple, don't jump. You are not as good as you say you are, so you make a pathetic attempt to talk shit, and insult good players, and talk about how bad they are (Ex. your rant about Crazy Dominican not being good: Bullshit, he's better than you so you talk shit about him).

what can I say? I like entertaining peoples.

The difference is, I admit it?

Actually, that comment wasn't even directed at anyone really.. I just was being random heh.