What's new

Not a fan of them saying fatality first

I actually hope they keep it like it is now.

It sounds better.

With how the slow-mo effects are and the eerie music that plays I think it sounds better saying Fatality first, the name of character next and Flawless Victory last.

You can tell they wanted to change it in MKX as well but people must of complained too much about it and they switched it back before the games release but kept Brutalities the same.

Its clearly inspired by the MK Shaolin Monk way of killing the opponent and it saying 'Fatality' right after.

I think it would sound weird to me hearing the persons name and then Brutality right after.

It really works with the arrangement of the music.

I hope they keep it the same!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't like how quickly the "FINISH HIM" pops up either. I was watching a brutalities video and Sub-Zero did the brutality where he punches you up into the ice ceiling and it went slow motion halfway and said "FINISH HIM" and then after the brutality said "BRUTALITY"

It was just weird.
Well that sounds unintentional, I think it flashing FINISH HIM!!! on screen looks rad, it's the explosion at the end that lets you know you won the match.

This and the freeze at the end Injustice style in the fatalities is the thing that bugged me the most. I'd prefer to both to be gone but... if They fix this I would be more happy.

Seems also if you deplete the enemy life bar mid combo it goes into slow mo on the mid combo hit with the announcer saying "FINISH HIM/HER" but the player can continue rest of their combo then do a brutality? This is also very different.

I like it how is due to the slow mo finish style. I just wish the screen didnt turn dark during finish him. It should turn dark when you do the fatality instead.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
This is something that bothered me even in mkx when brutality was being said 1st, but i didn't want to be that guy who cares too much about a brutality. But now that it became the standards and being used on fatalities too, am having a huge pickle. It should be the name 1st then the fatal, switching up something so basic is just another example of NRS changing stuff just for the sake of change.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
I'm in the minority, but yeah I like the change. Took a little while to get used to it, though.

It reminds me of a referee mentioning the means of victory, before saying the winner's name.

I would probably agree with everybody else if it didn't work so well with the slow-mo effects.

If it was traditional speed for a Fatality like in the older games then I would more than likely agree but I am praying they keep it like this.

On Geras 2nd Fatality I just love when the opponent is killed and it goes in slow-mo for a split second as you processed what just happened and then you just hear 'Fatality'.

I get that Shang Tsung feel of satisfaction from the old film when he says FATALITY because of the eerie sound that comes after it. Saying the names first is gonna drown out that sound that comes right after the Fatality.

I really hope they keep it like it is right now as it really works for this game!

I love it!

I feel like they will change it back though like last time cause I can see people complaining heavily about it which is sad .

I am one of few that hopes they keep it the same.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I want green healthbars back, different colors for the meters and I want my spoiled ass entitled opinion to be realised as soon as possible! Seems like NRS is our b word now, given how they change every minor detail we dont like. They changed Skarlets hair! I liked that short pixie cut..

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
And the clique is nowhere to be seen...

If I say something they all gang up on me, because i'm negative and my opinion sucks, but this nonsense little complain gets their likes?

Pathetic.

Seems also if you deplete the enemy life bar mid combo it goes into slow mo on the mid combo hit with the announcer saying "FINISH HIM/HER" but the player can continue rest of their combo then do a brutality? This is also very different.
I think it was a bug from an earlier build, it will probably be fixed for the release build.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I want green healthbars back, different colors for the meters and I want my spoiled ass entitled opinion to be realised as soon as possible! Seems like NRS is our b word now, given how they change every minor detail we dont like. They changed Skarlets hair! I liked that short pixie cut..
They didn’t change it... it’s just another style. Tyler confirmed she has multiple hairstyles to choose from.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I prefer the older way name first then fatality but doesn't matter to me. I liked the music in MK X better for the fatality, but it's still awesome in MK 11. I like the brutality music more than the fatality music because it has this eerie MK 2 vibe to it.

J_in_CA

Noob
I wish we could turn the brutality text off, same with fatalities because I like a clean screen to take pics from when I can.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Since the reveal, I’ve said multiple times that I preferred the old way.

However...

After playing for hours, I’ve changed my mind. The new way totally works. It’s the perfect icing on the bloody cake.

Same goes for the Brutality announcement.

The music, the slow-mo, the announcement... everything just fits so perfectly.

I’ve been converted. Kudos, NRS.