What's new

Northwest Majors MKX Hype, Updates and top 8!

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
i didnt say they did that to fuck us over. I said they made some very bad decisions.
They had the chance to show off the game big time and also give their scene major promotion.
Ohhh yes I agree with that. They seem to be more about their offline community/scene than their promotions, though. I 100% respect that. I only knew about NWM because of Dink, not so much from advertisement.

Goldi

Noob
The SG community among many others have supported NWM and been the people who make it possible every year. It wouldn't be right to screw them over now.

Injustice had the lowest entrants and fewest travelers last year and was still treated very well. Given its stream time at the time it was promised.

This is community driven event put on for the players who travel to be there. I know it sucks for the people at home but sometimes being fair sucks lol. If you want to see it all you have to go to the tournament! Come on, TYM, you guys know this!

Shady

Noob
The SG community among many others have supported NWM and been the people who make it possible every year. It wouldn't be right to screw them over now.

Injustice had the lowest entrants and fewest travelers last year and was still treated very well. Given its stream time at the time it was promised.

This is community driven event put on for the players who travel to be there. I know it sucks for the people at home but sometimes being fair sucks lol. If you want to see it all you have to go to the tournament! Come on, TYM, you guys know this!
Just a pro tip. I really get where you coming from. And I know that you're doing your best and working against circumstances. I also have no doubt you understand how upsetting this is for the NRS community...

But, tagging a phrase like "sometimes being fair sucks" with "lol" just comes off condescending and disrespectful. Know you didn't mean it, but FYI that's how it reads.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

There are many things I would like to say in reply to this post, but I'm not going to, because i'm upset, and my old Pappy always used to say "if you don't get what you want, someone else did" or something like that. I just don't see how they couldn't run a little late tourny standard time, and accomadate the pool that Dink is in, the guy hyped up the tourny got the people out, helped run the the thing, and he doesn't get what he wanted,

I just don't get it,

Riyo

Noob

Shoutouts to the PNW scene, real talk.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Last I checked, majority of majors always make sure to run and show the top 16 of a brand new game that was massively popular, released ten days ago, and had noted players from the Tekken community, SF community, NRS community etc... I get where Goldy is coming from, but this makes me NOT want to attend said event in the future. I feel bad for Dink, can't even be watched at his own tournament.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The funny thing is, Dink isn't even from there, but he put in the work,

I think thats whats getting me most. MK means alot to him, like, a lot, and he wanted to show people what he could do, lets not forget everyone else in that pool, that waited patiently for there time. I just. you know, it's over, i'm done, no more words from me on it. I couldn't make it because of family issues, I was booked and in and life found a way so I couldn't be there.

But I'll tell you right now, if I was...................we would probably still have skullgirls on stream because I wouldn't be able to do something stupid in another county lol.

Do we at least get to se top 16 to top 8??

Shady

Noob
Views pretty much speak for themselves. However, I think it's also up to the organizer to make tough decisions based on viewability and popularity. As an organizer, your best shot to attract sponsors is to show the event that has high interest and viewership. It is just as important for these events to hold a high viewership as it is to cater to other communities. The Skullgirls community has to also understand that running a more popular game on stream increases the viability of these tournaments and improves their quality in the future.

As a Tournament organizer you have to make a business decision here above everything else, and MKX was a better business decision. You guys didn't only do a poorer showing for the sponsors, but also have drawn away from the MKX community which is more likely to withdraw support and viewership.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Views pretty much speak for themselves. However, I think it's also up to the organizer to make tough decisions based on viewability and popularity. As an organizer, your best shot to attract sponsors is to show the event that has high interest and viewership. It is just as important for these events to hold a high viewership as it is to cater to other communities. The Skullgirls community has to also understand that running a more popular game on stream increases the viability of these tournaments and improves their quality in the future.

As a Tournament organizer you have to make a business decision here above everything else, and MKX was a better business decision. You guys didn't only do a poorer showing for the sponsors, but also have drawn away from the MKX community which is more likely to withdraw support and viewership.
I definitely agree with this post.

All that talk about being fair...

It would have been fair to start the tournament on time...
or to delay skullgirls and the following events.
Cutting pool 4 has nothing to do with being fair