What's new

noobs standing 1 for aa

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Noob Saibot's standing 1 and his 12 string looks very similar to Shang's. Is it as good for it to be considered as an AA option?

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
Yes, standing 1 as a AA is amazing to catch those people who love to full screen JIP(jump in punch).
Here is a simple combo from this AA standing 1.: 1, 12, 12 upknee, or EX upknee if you want to continue the combo.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I've seen people use his standing 2 as an AA also. Not sure which one is better, but 1 looks to be easier to land. I don't know.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
i use standing 2 dash 12 teleslam but i bet standing 1 string does more damage.
standing 2 comes out 1 frame faster. There both good aa strings but tbh if u want damage AND control I just upknee into tackle/slide/teleslam depending on who im fighting.

and if they try and jump over me I do upknee dash 1 dash 12 ghostball for mixups

Hitoshura

Head Cage
IMHO He is the best Noob Saibot player I have ever seen.
well ur entitled to ur own opinion but tbh id rate DR noobs like a 6.5 out of 10 at best. I knw he hasnt played in 2 months but tbh theres a difference between missing inputs and just doing random teleslams. I mean i get random teleslams when i try and jump but like hed be guarding and telslam randomly....

i dnt get that. Plus i have never seen a noob saibot player waste more meter b4 in my life. Noob has way to much room for errors and u wanna save meter for breaker, and x-ray (b/c noob has the worst comeback potential in the game)

I hope you don't get offended if u see this DR im just critiquing u is all. Not insulting u in anyway at all. you just need A LOT of work. Since seasons beatings ive trained hard and I'm at @flawedzilla's level right now and so is Altaire.

We 3 r considered the 3 best in the scene with saibot by a lot of people. AT least when I'm not at casuals and actually give a fuck about the W.

DR got second at a tournament which is cool but tbh tht reptile player was GARBAGE worst reptile player I have ever seen in my life. The nightwolf was pretty solid, although tht matchup is in noobs favor.

You need to save more meter bro if you wanna improve and less teleslams. I knw the feeling b/c i do random shit to when im nervous but im able to control my nerves a lot better.

I hope this helps u out dude.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
well ur entitled to ur own opinion but tbh id rate DR noobs like a 6.5 out of 10 at best. I knw he hasnt played in 2 months but tbh theres a difference between missing inputs and just doing random teleslams. I mean i get random teleslams when i try and jump but like hed be guarding and telslam randomly....

i dnt get that. Plus i have never seen a noob saibot player waste more meter b4 in my life. Noob has way to much room for errors and u wanna save meter for breaker, and x-ray (b/c noob has the worst comeback potential in the game)

I hope you don't get offended if u see this DR im just critiquing u is all. Not insulting u in anyway at all. you just need A LOT of work. Since seasons beatings ive trained hard and I'm at @flawedzilla's level right now and so is Altaire.

We 3 r considered the 3 best in the scene with saibot by a lot of people. AT least when I'm not at casuals and actually give a fuck about the W.

DR got second at a tournament which is cool but tbh tht reptile player was GARBAGE worst reptile player I have ever seen in my life. The nightwolf was pretty solid, although tht matchup is in noobs favor.

You need to save more meter bro if you wanna improve and less teleslams. I knw the feeling b/c i do random shit to when im nervous but im able to control my nerves a lot better.

dayum.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Its true dude! The guy dashes in and instead of waiting for him to do upknee and get a free slide he jump and eats a upknee like 6 times....

Noob vs Reptile is 3.5-6.5

Noob can't keep up. Reptile gets in WAY to quick and shuts down almost everything he can do to get out of pressure...especially when reptile has meter.

The fact that reptile player let noob zone him and he just stayed there and block automatically makes him a terrible reptile player. Its called predict a projectile throw jump dash in during noob recovery now ur in his face and ready to fuck his world up and he just bent over and took shadows all day.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Its true dude! The guy dashes in and instead of waiting for him to do upknee and get a free slide he jump and eats a upknee like 6 times....

Noob vs Reptile is 3.5-6.5

Noob can't keep up. Reptile gets in WAY to quick and shuts down almost everything he can do to get out of pressure...especially when reptile has meter.

The fact that reptile player let noob zone him and he just stayed there and block automatically makes him a terrible reptile player. Its called predict a projectile throw jump dash in during noob recovery now ur in his face and ready to fuck his world up and he just bent over and took shadows all day.
He wasn't too bad, but yeah he did jump in those upshadows alot.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I like noobs anti air 1, i usually chain it into 1, 1,2 Portal. I like being able to potentially get the combo reset from an anti air. The initial combo doesnt hurt much, but the portal does :]

Probably not the best of ideas, but i need to explore noob a little more tbh.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
He wasn't too bad, but yeah he did jump in those upshadows alot.
no offense to tht guy but when the matchup is in ur favor that much and you get blown up like that then ur pretty awful with tht character. Its one thing if he didnt knw the matchup but like he would dash in to noob sometimes and not even pressure hes just block or w/e.

That just shows me this reptile cant even rushdown or mixup like wtf

Well you do have valid points, you play vs some very tough competition. Maybe thats why his noob looked so good :-/

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Well you do have valid points, you play vs some very tough competition. Maybe thats why his noob looked so good :-/
but the tough competition makes me a much smarter play in the end and gives me the ability to take off rounds if not take games from Reo, CD Jr., Maxter, etc.

Altaire

Noob
I like noobs anti air 1, i usually chain it into 1, 1,2 Portal. I like being able to potentially get the combo reset from an anti air. The initial combo doesnt hurt much, but the portal does :]

Probably not the best of ideas, but i need to explore noob a little more tbh.
You're playing Noob now, really?

...So what are you going to change your name to? Soy Sauce? Molasses? Pepsi? Pepsi-LK-8T8 does sound like a pretty badass name.

I can see how Noob's anti-air 1 would seem appealing, but personally, I don't like it very much. It does offer more damage than any of his other meterless anti-airs and grants a teleslam setup (which is only possible otherwise by spending meter on an EX upshadow), but it's just not as consistent as uppercut/upshadow. Personally, I'd rather go for the unbeatable anti-air.

Noob's two biggest weaknesses are his lack of comeback potential, by way of low damage output, and the debilitating recovery time on most of his zoning tools. In my opinion, the best way to work around that is to be as safe and consistent as possible. Leave no more openings than you have to, even if that means giving up a LITTLE bit of damage here and there. I always go for an upshadow anti-air if I react in time, and if not, I go for the uppercut, as it has a much more generous hitbox than his standing 1. Both attacks are 11 frames, but to me, consistency is everything when playing Noob. Even then, it's possible to follow an upshadow with teleslam, or even 1 2 and combo, depending on the height and angle you hit them at. As long as you catch them fairly deep at peak jump height, you can usually get something for it. At worst, you just get a lot of advantage for the upshadow knockdown.

The best way to work around Noob's lack of comeback potential is to save as much of his meter as possible for X-ray combos and extended corner combos. I suppose you could throw out a random X-ray as well if you're really feeling yourself, but generally, you want to keep it to combo off B1 2 1 4, 2 1 2 or B2 1 4 from midscreen. You really have nothing to lose by holding on to the meter, because outside of a couple gimmicks, Noob has no good EX specials. EX upshadow grants a teleslam followup into a 50/50, but this doesn't do a whole lot of actual damage (though it is a good way to get 15% unbreakable damage off an anti-air, which is occasionally useful). EX portal is a gimmick that's seldom any more effective than his normal portal, and his EX shadows are both all but useless. Even in the rare situations where they can catch an opponent off guard, they just don't do enough damage to be worth the meter. The only time he should be spending meter is on breaker, X-ray and EX shadow for corner combos.

Honestly, for a character who doesn't benefit much from meter expenditure, the worst you can do to yourself by holding on to two or three bars is have a breaker for when you need it.

Altaire

Noob
...Oh, and since I just noticed this: I don't mean to shit on the Reptile who played DR, but there is almost no reason Reptile should lose that matchup. The combination of Noob's recovery time and Reptile's mobility makes that matchup a nightmare for him. If Reptile jumps a shadow, he can IMMEDIATELY whiff an elbow dash to safely close the gap. His offense is much stronger than Noob's, so once he's in, he already has the advantage. Slide can punish upshadow on whiff as well (which can even be done on reaction if you're quick enough), so even if you try throwing that out in anticipation of a jump, you still run the risk of getting blown up.

I've tried that matchup with Noob many times, considering one of my longtime sparring partners mains Reptile (THTB has given him big props for his Reptile, if that's any indication of his ability). It is the only, ONLY matchup where I feel completely hopeless. Reptile has absolutely no answer to Noob, from my understanding. Tom Brady may not have had the best Noob in the world, but I saw the writing on the wall when I watched his match with Chris G at CEO. From my experience, Reptile is Noob's worst matchup. Supposedly, a REO-grade Kabal beats Noob 7-3, but generally, I beat Kabal with Noob. Of course, I've never played a Kabal anywhere near as good as REO's, so I'm not going to make an informed decision on that matchup until I do. Until then, I think Reptile is his biggest threat.