What's new

Noob Saibot Mixups Post Sept Patch

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Noob Saibot Mixups Post Sept Patch!

While many are still in disbelief (somehow), Noob can become a rushdown-oriented character through baiting, the reach of b1, and thought-out jips.

Thought of as a fighter who requires more thinking than usual, Noob can heavily confuse the enemy through mixups.
Now that Shadow Tackle hits overhead, Noob joins Kabal and Reptile in their constant 50/50 games; for someone who’s CQC normally is slow and predictable, this is a welcome change.

I haven’t contributed much to the community, so I’ll share my knowledge with the Saibot Brotherhood ^-^

B1 Mixups:

B1214, slide or tackle

B121, slide or tackle

B12, slide

B12f4

B1, slide or tackle

B1, throw

B1, B1, [throw or combo]

B1214 [all blocked], On Portal, upknee

B1214 [all blocked], EXPortal, [NjP if they’re blocking low for slide into reset, or combo]

B2 mixups:

B214, slide or tackle

B21, slide or tackle

B214 [all blocked], On Portal, upknee

B214 [all blocked], EXPortal, [NjP if they’re blocking low for slide into reset, or combo]

12 mixups:

12, slide or tackle

12 [all blocked], On Portal, upknee

12, EXPortal, [NjP if they’re blocking low for slide into reset, or combo]

F3 Mixups:

F33, slide or tackle

F3, slide or tackle

F3, throw

F33 [all blocked], On Portal, upknee

F33, EXPortal, [NjP if they’re blocking low for slide into reset, or combo]

212 Mixups:

212, slide or tackle

21, slide or tackle

21, On Portal, upknee

212 [all blocked], On Portal, upknee

21, EXPortal, [NjP if they’re blocking low for slide into reset, or combo]

Upknee Mixups/Safety:

You may Upknee at ANY time in a string to make it safe!
The only exceptions are B12f4 [the whole thing, that is]
and b1214 [already safe. If you use Upknee in place of 4, then its safe and builds meter]

Have you ever seen a Noob player use Upknee like he’s schizophrenic or something?

Noob players are masters at prediction, and their only desire is to be safe while making space.
*Important to note! By cancelling into upknee, Noob has a slight frame advantage!

B121, upknee

B21, upknee

F33, upknee

12, upknee

212, upknee

F43, upknee

After any string, mixup or not, IS BLOCKED (fakeout)

Examples:

B1214, wait, upknee

B214, wait, upknee

F33, wait, upknee

12, wait, upknee

212, wait, upknee

^^^But WHY?

After the opponent blocks a Noob mixup, they tend to either jump or dash forward.
Using Upknee after waiting for a split second is perfect.

**Keep in mind, this may mindset may not apply to Ermac, Raiden, or Reptile

If enemy blocks whole string, but NOT the mixup:

Examples:

B1214 [blocked], slide hits, wait, upknee

B214 [blocked], slide hits, wait, upknee

**B1214 [blocked], tackle hits…

**the reason for this is, after tackle hits a ducking enemy, they may either jump/ dash forward, roll back, wakeup, stand, or do nothing at all (play dead).

**After this happens for any reason:

Slide
Tackle
EXPortal, [NjP]
Block (if they have a ranged, dangerous wakeup)
Portal, dash back, [NjP or slide or tackle]

Note: Any other mixups apply to the tackle rule as well

The Portal Reset/Mixups:

The portal reset is what gives Noob fame. Most Noob users know it, but for those who don’t, here it is.

B1214, behind portal, tackle…
B214, behind portal, tackle…
F43, behind portal, tackle...

If the enemy goes through the portal in any way, you have many, MANY options:

NjP, B214, behind portal, tackle…

B2~B1214, behind portal, tackle…

NjP, F43, ghostball (for rollbacks)

F43, behind portal, tackle...

NjP, dash, 1, dash, 12, ghostball

NjP, dash, 1, dash, 12, EXUpknee, teleslam

NjP, dash, 1, dash, 12, EXUpknee, behind portal, tackle…

NjP, dash, 1, dash, F33, tackle or slide

Or just let them fall in front of you and mix them up!

For opponents that know The Portal Reset:

B1214, behind portal, DASH BACK, tackle (for those that rollback)

B1214, behind portal, TELESLAM (for those that rollback)

B1214, behind portal, BLOCK (for wakeup teleporters)

B1214, ON PORTAL, tackle or slide (for those that play dead, stand, or have an advancing wakeup)

Noob Saibot's Hesitation Effect!

Ive given it a name! :3

Weve all seen it whether from Noob or another character.
Its the act of stuttering your strings.

Ex: 1, 1, 12 Slide

Not only does the opponent have to pay attention to the OH or Low aspect, but he also has to decide when to release block to poke out or escape.
Because of utilizing this simple trick, ive been able to land complete combos due to the pressure applied to the opponent!

Rational Thinking ----> Irrational Thinking ----> Mindgame definition :p

Ill give a few examples:

b2, 212 Upknee
b1, b1214 Tackle
d3, 1, 212 Slide
2, 212 On Portal

Feel free to post your blockstrings below or discuss this gimicks usefulness!

With this knowledge, I hope to see much more efficiency and fearlessness from Saibot mainers in the common fisticuffs, and keep the enemy guessing! Vale!

Enenra

Go to hell.
Dang son, you beat me to it. I was literally just exploring all of what you mentioned. Ah, but if someone were to beat me to it, I'm glad it was you.
Quality guide btw :)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Good shit do but some points I have to make to help further improve your game.

b214 string on block pushes the opponent fully away from them so upknee wiffs and people can punish with ex dashes, slides etc.
same goes for b1214.

Most people know about the reset with portal so when I get a chance to do it ill do Portal into tele slam b/c i bait their jumps.

Ur best mixup imo is either b121 upknee or 212 upknee. Seeing as after u do upknee u should pause and if ur opponent tries to do anything lol tackle they get hit. if they jump throw another upknee.

Also b12(1) is an overhead and be great to use in the corner as well as B2(1) upknee

How easy is it to get out of Noob's black hole resets when he back dashes to take away the roll back option on wakeup? For clarity, let me give an example I like to use:

b1214~black hole, back dash, tackle, njp, dash, b2, b1214~teleslam

Is it still easy to just wake up and jump out of the trap in the bolded part, even though they can't roll back?

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Sick ass thread but you are missing just a few unexpected things...Noob Saibot roundhouse is actually kinda fast and i found it stuffs alot of stuff your opponents try as far as gettin there pressure started. Also 3 is really good i know its slow but it works as a anti air it stuff jump kicks and JIPs all day. Now for the people that think(ASSUME) this last string is saibots most useless strings i disagree completely F4,3 (i know its gotdamn slow as hell) but it can be used when you catch opponenets dashing in trying to avoid shadows it has quite a bit of reach on it so use it at distance is key even if the first kick misses the second kick travels forward then you can do a few mixups from there it is also a anti air as well catching opponents jumping over shadows or what you can do is after a blackwhole reset throw the black whole in front of them(or behind you just to be an ass whole) and dash in with F4,3 it catches them almost everytime(alot of people i play jump forward so thats just a personal trick that i use) just my two cents

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
Sick ass thread but you are missing just a few unexpected things...Noob Saibot roundhouse is actually kinda fast and i found it stuffs alot of stuff your opponents try as far as gettin there pressure started. Also 3 is really good i know its slow but it works as a anti air it stuff jump kicks and JIPs all day. Now for the people that think(ASSUME) this last string is saibots most useless strings i disagree completely F4,3 (i know its gotdamn slow as hell) but it can be used when you catch opponenets dashing in trying to avoid shadows it has quite a bit of reach on it so use it at distance is key even if the first kick misses the second kick travels forward then you can do a few mixups from there it is also a anti air as well catching opponents jumping over shadows or what you can do is after a blackwhole reset throw the black whole in front of them(or behind you just to be an ass whole) and dash in with F4,3 it catches them almost everytime(alot of people i play jump forward so thats just a personal trick that i use) just my two cents
I had a conversation with another experienced player about the usage of Noob's "other" kicks like the 4,3 string......its not so much that they are entirely useless because they aren't. Its just that anything that 4,3 or 3 or 4 could possibly do can be done better with another option. Noob has better anti-airs, better pokes, even better ranged anti-airs to the point that while the previously mentioned commands are not entirely useless you would just be better off choosing from Noob's more primary options as they are more effective in all of the areas you mentioned.

Of course don't let this stop you from experimenting and getting the most out of his moveset.....

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
I had a conversation with another experienced player about the usage of Noob's "other" kicks like the 4,3 string......its not so much that they are entirely useless because they aren't. Its just that anything that 4,3 or 3 or 4 could possibly do can be done better with another option. Noob has better anti-airs, better pokes, even better ranged anti-airs to the point that while the previously mentioned commands are not entirely useless you would just be better off choosing from Noob's more primary options as they are more effective in all of the areas you mentioned.

Of course don't let this stop you from experimenting and getting the most out of his moveset.....
yea it just me getting the most of his moves but if you think about it the upknee hitbox is wasnt it used to be on upknee and the strings i said above takes the spot of where the upknee hitbox once was(to some degree) so instead of missing upknee because of the hitbox i just do one of those strings stated above because the move more diagonal than the currenct upknee now dont get me wrong i still use the hell out of the upknee these are not substitutes for the upknee its just that i have gotten my upknee whiffed enough to know the distance on when to swap out the upknee for the other strings as a anti air. As for B1 it can be used as a anti but it can be interupted by some jump kicks and JIP which is why with 3 or roundhouse(and sometimes F4,3 it can almost never get interrupted

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Good shit do but some points I have to make to help further improve your game.

b214 string on block pushes the opponent fully away from them so upknee wiffs and people can punish with ex dashes, slides etc.
same goes for b1214.

Most people know about the reset with portal so when I get a chance to do it ill do Portal into tele slam b/c i bait their jumps.

Ur best mixup imo is either b121 upknee or 212 upknee. Seeing as after u do upknee u should pause and if ur opponent tries to do anything lol tackle they get hit. if they jump throw another upknee.

Also b12(1) is an overhead and be great to use in the corner as well as B2(1) upknee
Thanks! I made these changes accordingly.

Also, bear in mind, this is not a Noob Saibot guide! This is for his up close game.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Other than the first post, you all are free to discuss your own personal mixup habits and the like.

Thanks!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
How easy is it to get out of Noob's black hole resets when he back dashes to take away the roll back option on wakeup? For clarity, let me give an example I like to use:

b1214~black hole, back dash, tackle, njp, dash, b2, b1214~teleslam

Is it still easy to just wake up and jump out of the trap in the bolded part, even though they can't roll back?
u can literally roll back and jump out but if they backdash just jump foward on wake up. Its that simple.

Y I usually just do tele slam after portal seeing as 95% of ppl will either jump or do something stupid and be aught by the slam.

u can literally roll back and jump out but if they backdash just jump foward on wake up. Its that simple.

Y I usually just do tele slam after portal seeing as 95% of ppl will either jump or do something stupid and be aught by the slam.
You can just jump forward? Really? I thought that if you did the tackle fast enough after the back dash, the tackle would catch them as they left the ground.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You can just jump forward? Really? I thought that if you did the tackle fast enough after the back dash, the tackle would catch them as they left the ground.
whenever i play my team mates from vsm and I get the reset going they usually just jump forward. if not they probably roll even though i backdash just so the can jump foward.

Even if u backdash u can still roll just not gonna go anywhere. lol

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
Dang son, you beat me to it. I was literally just exploring all of what you mentioned. Ah, but if someone were to beat me to it, I'm glad it was you.
Quality guide btw :)

You might want to wait for my finished Noob saibot piece before you have it as your avatar. I'm nearly done :p

Altaire

Noob
Without reading much of the thread, I really need to point this out:

Upshadow/Slide in combos is not a viable mixup. If you guess right, you hit for less than ten percent. If you guess wrong, you eat a full combo punish. Noob has rushdown, but he's not reliant on those mixups to do it.

Theme

Noob
B1214, Portal, Clone, NJP, 12, Up knee, Teleport

During the part where I throw a clone after the portal, the opponent is usually able to get out of there by using a wakeup attack. I found this out to be very unsafe if he opponent has a good one that takes him farther away from the portal, say Raidens teleport/superman, Sub Zeros slide, Barakas charge, Johnnys kick, and the likes.

So I was wondering if theres anything I can do during this time? Do I just have to hope they dont wakeup or do I just try and block it after or before I throw the clone? If I am anticipating the wakeup, I should just block it instead of throwing out that clone huh? Because of some of the invincible frames of the wakeup during its starting animations, the opponent doesnt even take damage from the clone :(

Hitoshura

Head Cage
B1214, Portal, Clone, NJP, 12, Up knee, Teleport

During the part where I throw a clone after the portal, the opponent is usually able to get out of there by using a wakeup attack. I found this out to be very unsafe if he opponent has a good one that takes him farther away from the portal, say Raidens teleport/superman, Sub Zeros slide, Barakas charge, Johnnys kick, and the likes.

So I was wondering if theres anything I can do during this time? Do I just have to hope they dont wakeup or do I just try and block it after or before I throw the clone? If I am anticipating the wakeup, I should just block it instead of throwing out that clone huh? Because of some of the invincible frames of the wakeup during its starting animations, the opponent doesnt even take damage from the clone :(
dnt rely on it

never rely on resets tht arent gaurenteed. you can do this

wait for you opponent to make the move after a portal been released. if they jump or do anything for tht matter teleslam.

if you feel there gonna block the tackle then backdah and throw a tackle after release of the portal. Back dashing causes the screen to be maxed out (fullscreen) and ur opponent cant roll away from the portal.

Theme

Noob
dnt rely on it

never rely on resets tht arent gaurenteed. you can do this

wait for you opponent to make the move after a portal been released. if they jump or do anything for tht matter teleslam.

if you feel there gonna block the tackle then backdah and throw a tackle after release of the portal. Back dashing causes the screen to be maxed out (fullscreen) and ur opponent cant roll away from the portal.
Very informative and creative, thanks a lot Hitoshura!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Very informative and creative, thanks a lot Hitoshura!
np bro. same reset can be done off b214 and f4 3. I wouldn't rely on them to often though. I usually do the reset for punishment. Like if my opponent (ex: smoke) does his telepunch and block it. during his spin recovery i do b1214 portal backdash.

Then I wait for my opponent to make the move. Its usually teleslam tht connects which is good b/c its +7 on hit and you can go with mixups from there.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob Saibot's Hesitation Effect!

Ive given it a name! :3

Weve all seen it whether from Noob or another character.
Its the act of stuttering your strings.

Ex: 1, 1, 12 Slide

Not only does the opponent have to pay attention to the OH or Low aspect, but he also has to decide when to release block to poke out or escape.
Because of utilizing this simple trick, ive been able to land complete combos due to the pressure applied to the opponent!

Rational Thinking ----> Irrational Thinking ----> Mindgame definition :p

Ill give a few examples:

b2, 212 Upknee
b1, b1214 Tackle
d3, 1, 212 Slide
2, 212 On Portal

Feel free to post your blockstrings below or discuss this gimicks usefulness!

With this knowledge, I hope to see much more efficiency and fearlessness from Saibot mainers in the common fisticuffs, and keep the enemy guessing! Vale!
All those pokes b4 u hesitate to do ur block string r either minus or 0 on block. This wont work irl. Just do blockstrings into upknee. You have the right idea in the sense ur trying to make frame traps but yeah.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
All those pokes b4 u hesitate to do ur block string r either minus or 0 on block. This wont work irl. Just do blockstrings into upknee. You have the right idea in the sense ur trying to make frame traps but yeah.
I wasnt trying to necessarily creat frame traps, tho it looks like that!
I just wanted to add a new weapon to the arsenal.

Even if it doesnt work or is risky, im just trying to get my brain going.

Rarely are users posting in these forums because:
-theres nothing up for debate. We all believe and do the same things.
-there are already threads for most of what we need (no useless threads)
-nearly no new tech (save for your upcoming guide possibilities)

At least were in peace :3

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I wasnt trying to necessarily creat frame traps, tho it looks like that!
I just wanted to add a new weapon to the arsenal.

Even if it doesnt work or is risky, im just trying to get my brain going.

Rarely are users posting in these forums because:
-theres nothing up for debate. We all believe and do the same things.
-there are already threads for most of what we need (no useless threads)
-nearly no new tech (save for your upcoming guide possibilities)

At least were in peace :3
Well I finally got the capture card to work so I'm working on my guide atm :3