What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
How are y'all feeling about the return of the best MK ninja?

Looking at the very brief glimpse of his gameplay, the insane amount of startup of his portal has me thinking it has to be unblockable again like MK9.

I am theory crafting some shnasty shit with that and Goro punchwalk cancel

Eji1700

Kombatant
Meh I don't hate it (and I'm not sure where you're getting pirate hat from. Feels distinctly not pirate)

It's pretty obvious at this point that moving forward fighting games are going to do "different" takes on main outfits, but then include classic outfits as DLC (along with other new stuff). It's not great if you hate the new outfits, but I often like the new attempts (love basically everyone's default in MK1). Glad it's the same with noob, shame his story will almost certainly be trash.

Here's hoping he's allowed to do bullshit portal setups.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Meh I don't hate it (and I'm not sure where you're getting pirate hat from. Feels distinctly not pirate)

It's pretty obvious at this point that moving forward fighting games are going to do "different" takes on main outfits, but then include classic outfits as DLC (along with other new stuff). It's not great if you hate the new outfits, but I often like the new attempts (love basically everyone's default in MK1). Glad it's the same with noob, shame his story will almost certainly be trash.

Here's hoping he's allowed to do bullshit portal setups.
It does remind me a bit of those trilateral pirate hats with wide brims from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I don't outright hate it as much as I think it looks a little out of place, would definitely prefer the reaper cowl or the ninja hood - and if they were going for something new but sinister, maybe a headpiece with a veil could be a nice concept (kinda like in MK11 were one of his headpieces was a helmet with a sorta chainmail veil around it).

Hype for the portal setups as well, that shit was my favorite thing in MK9

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Noob's sweep knocks you down, and then you lay there waiting for the clone to punch you in the face. An attack that leaves the opponent grounded, with a part 2 could very well mean that Noob Saibot has an OTG string like Geras does. This could be absolutely massive, especially if Noob's portal is unblockable

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
He's Super Shredder.
I might be the only person on Earth happier than Sikander is right now about this.
They took MK11 Noob Saibot and made him better many times over.
B1 1+3 is back.
The F3 Up Kick is back.
He has mids and lows and Oki.
Ghost Ball is back and buffed to hell.
He has portals again, and they look VASTLY improved compared to MK9.
THE CLONE CAN COMBO NOW. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER EXCEPT MAYBE IN TRILOGY.

I did the Drew McIntyre and prayed for this to happen, and the Elder Gods heard me.

Call Madzin. Call Hitoshura. Call everyone.
It's Spooky Season.
Oogaboogabooga.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
He's Super Shredder.
I might be the only person on Earth happier than Sikander is right now about this.
They took MK11 Noob Saibot and made him better many times over.
B1 1+3 is back.
The F3 Up Kick is back.
He has mids and lows and Oki.
Ghost Ball is back and buffed to hell.
He has portals again, and they look VASTLY improved compared to MK9.
THE CLONE CAN COMBO NOW. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER EXCEPT MAYBE IN TRILOGY.

I did the Drew McIntyre and prayed for this to happen, and the Elder Gods heard me.

Call Madzin. Call Hitoshura. Call everyone.
It's Spooky Season.
Oogaboogabooga.
What do you mean by the clone can combo now? Wasn't the clone always used in combos I thought that was his whole thing so I'm missing what you mean

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
What do you mean by the clone can combo now? Wasn't the clone always used in combos I thought that was his whole thing so I'm missing what you mean
The only clone (special move) that could combo in Mk9 was that upknee version. In Mk11, I don't remember any of the clone special moves comboing, maybe the ex air dive kick.

Trini_Bwoi

Warrior
He looks FANTASTIC

He has so many different special moves and strings my head's spinning. You can already see tons of Kameo potential. His standard teleport does a ground that you can pick up with a Kameo, his throw definitely seems ripe for Kameo combos as well.

What do you guys think is even happening at 2:21? So the Shadow does a roundhouse kick, this is a special move...but then Noob follows up with not 1 but 2 Portals? Is that part of the Shadow Kick? It doesn't seems so, looks like he returns to neutral after the Shadow Kick...it doesn't really look like another special move, honestly looks like he has a Portal string

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Here is the least controversal take ever: the Pirate Hat is a weird choice for Noob, as is the green color on his chest.
I HATE when random glow effects in a character design doesn't match the color of their powers lol, it makes no sense. Less is more, they should have stuck with either purple or green, not a completely random mixture of both.

I HATE when random glow effects in a character design doesn't match the color of their powers lol, it makes no sense. Less is more, they should have stuck with either purple or green, not a completely random mixture of both.
Id say its gameplay related any green energy moves seem to happen when they have ghost goo attached , shit looks hype lads upknee is my favourite move so far fuck you johnny cage jump kick

chud_munson

Kombatant
I have a weird habit of wanting to main good-guy characters, but Noob was the exception in MK11. I'll feel very conflicted if he's got a redemption arc. I'll be able to main a hero, but Noob Saibot is pure evil, redemption feels wrong.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Watching the trailer I actually started wondering if they did the highlights because its genuinely hard to see Noob on some of those stages, but then I remembered he has his UMK3 costume which is still jet black. So there's def gonna be some goofy shit with him on dark stages lmao