What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
This character will actually be fun to use now.

The combination of slide and spirit ball ought to be strong in the neutral.
Having slide and amp tele is a dream come true!! I have wanted to play him so bad, and now I have a reason to. I found seeing double to be incredibly boring.

ErmacMKX

Noob
So is Tele Amp, slide and sickle snag not a good option? Looking for a combo heavy variation but I guessing giving up a projectile is a lot. However there still is the shadow tackle.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
So is Tele Amp, slide and sickle snag not a good option? Looking for a combo heavy variation but I guessing giving up a projectile is a lot. However there still is the shadow tackle.
You can if you’re just looking for damage and you’re confident you can get in and open people up, but I personally feel that if you have slide then sickle snag isn’t really needed. Sure you might get nice damage off F221 and other combos, but since it doesn’t count towards the clone KB so I’d prefer doing the solid 25% and get the KB requirement filled up quickly. I will lose out in damage but I’d get better neutral with the spirit ball which is a 9% projectile that’s very fast and offers a +5 restand. But that’s just play style preference in the end

Slymind

Noob
This character will actually be fun to use now.

The combination of slide and spirit ball ought to be strong in the neutral.
Dark Sabbath is easilly one of the most fun variations to use. Seeing Double is what is boring, which also happens to be the most optimal way to play him.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I saw this video and instantly thought of your post. You can get meterless safety at the cost of turning Noob into a wholly brawler character and save bar to do 50% combos. So like I said earlier if you‘re confident about getting in then you can replace the slide for shadow strike and get the higher chance that you will have bar to cash out damage without sacrificing safety

ErmacMKX

Noob
I saw this video and instantly thought of your post. You can get meterless safety at the cost of turning Noob into a wholly brawler character and save bar to do 50% combos. So like I said earlier if you‘re confident about getting in then you can replace the slide for shadow strike and get the higher chance that you will have bar to cash out damage without sacrificing safety
Clutch video, thanks

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I build Noob as his MK9 version of himself, and been having fun with him since day 1

MK9 build consist of using his 1. Shadow Slide 2. Air Shadow dive 3. Sickle toss
So he plays exactly like he did in MK9 where I can throw shadows all day long and giggle. He has a OH projectile, low projectile, then a air jump projectile, along with his Shadow run. Very fun to run this build and remember the MK9 days. This build relies on shadow use and not so much on hand to hand obviously

I think ketchup might have something there. Using that safe, meterless low special. Noobs slide plus sickle snag/tele combo is gonna eat up meter like crazy.

Also I think another potential good load out would be like a suped up v1 set up with slide, dive kick, and your choice of spirit ball or air tele. Dive kicks not the best but i had a lot of success with it when i played V3, made people hesitate to anti air me and from the right distance it can be safe(ish). Most importantly tho this build would make the clone KB practically guaranteed every match. For whatever thats worth.

D1 into s1 seems to jail now (d1 plus 13 on hit).

d3 has push back up close (did it always???), and s1 doesn't reach to jail and neither does b1. And maybe I'm crazy, and i could be wrong, but the range on b1 feels like its been reduced.

Also f3 when done in the bnb seems to launch not as high and the combo feels a lil bit tighter (could be wrong here also, or might be because of reduced b1 range?)

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
D1 into s1 seems to jail now (d1 plus 13 on hit).

d3 has push back up close (did it always???), and s1 doesn't reach to jail and neither does b1. And maybe I'm crazy, and i could be wrong, but the range on b1 feels like its been reduced.

Also f3 when done in the bnb seems to launch not as high and the combo feels a lil bit tighter (could be wrong here also, or might be because of reduced b1 range?)
Can D3 jail into 212 like always or did that pushback fuck that over?

Can D3 jail into 212 like always or did that pushback fuck that over?
Fucked over.

I have the AI set to jump btw, not sure if I'm testing stuff right.

d1 doesn't jail into 212, the first 2 bops them out of the air and the rest of the string whiffs.

HOWEVER, d1 and d3 both jail into f2. Can't remember if thats new??

Down 1 recovers longer now on hit as well so corner combos are a bit tighter now and you can't do as many D1s as before.
lol, oh my god did they seriously restrict combos??! Maybe ts just me but for the life of me I can't do the 113 amp slide d1, d1, d1 slide bnb in the corner. Can't even do it with one d1. Best i can do is 113 amp slide d1 slide.

EDIT: Nevermind, timing is just different. Can do 113 amp slide d1 into whatever.

Last edited:

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
I know this is never gonna get addressed but i still wanna complain about it. Noobs big shadow hit box STILL dogshit:mad:

Zer0_h0ur

Noobs d3/d4 into slide cancel mind game took a hit. Easily interrupt able with a d1.
D4 into slide at max range is not, however.

Zer0_h0ur

Mid screen Teleport optimals are funky with the new input buffer. Like I can time the dash as usual but the 113 micro into 113 come out funky.

Anyone find it easier? harder? Prob just need more practice. BC theoretically it should be easier.

Can anyone help me out with a couple things as I try to pick up Noob? With legal customs, what is/are his optimal loadouts? Second, what are optimal 1-bar and 2-bar BnBs post-patch? Thanks much!