What's new

General/Other Noob Question: Demo Sub-Zero vs. Latest patched Sub-Zero

Hey fellas just got started playing the demo heavily, will be buying soon. Love playing with SZ, but was wondering what are the differences between the demo SZ and latest patched SZ. One thing I noticed in the demo is that the Force Claws (back+2) doesn't freeze the opponent, but in the game it does, judging by online videos.

It's probably me but I have trouble pulling off some of the 30%+ combos that I see in Medina's SZ strategy youtube video as well. Appreciate any input you can offer.

One thing I do know for sure is that the ice clone disappears when you get hit, unless it's by certain attacks like noob's shadow or a throw.

EDIT: just checked out the demo and I noticed that the damage doesn't scale if the opponent is frozen. For example, in the demo you can do 214 ice slide and do 26% damage whether they're frozen or not. In the actual game, the combo does only 22% on a frozen opponent. Also the opponent does not get frozen in the air after using a charged B2 in the demo.

Just check out some vids on the site and you'll know more.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The timing on his b1, 2 into 2,1,2, slide (they must be in the air when hit by the b1,2) has been restricted from the demo. I couldn't do it consistently when I first got the game but now its second nature.

Creepy00

Noob
Well to begin his damage scale is a little tone down in mk9, 224 iceclone doesnt work at close range, and clone last longer.
However, They are goin to patch his unescapable reset and buff his ex slide. Look on the sub forums for more. :D

The timing on his b1, 2 into 2,1,2, slide (they must be in the air when hit by the b1,2) has been restricted from the demo. I couldn't do it consistently when I first got the game but now its second nature.
I noticed this as well. Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Subzero in the MK9 demo was ridiculously broken. He was totally overpowered. Yes B2 didnt refreeze in the demo, but he didnt need it anyway. The damage on his combos was much higher, His corner xray combos were damn near 70%. And the biggest overpowered nonsense of all time.......The ice clone did not break even if you hit Subzero. This means you could never attack Subzero if he was near his clone because even if you hit him you would get frozen and eat a combo. The clone also had alot less proximity so he could drop it very close to you in the corner. And it stayed on the screen for about 1 second longer. Sub was insane in the demo.

In the game he is much more toned down, but still a very powerful character in the right hands. His damage has been scaled, he gets on average between 22%-33% midscreen with no meter, which isnt to high, but its not terrible either. He is still godlike in the corner. JIP,2,2,4,ice ball,(B1),2,2,1,4,slide nets about 41% meterless I think. The clone will break if Subzero gets hit, but not if he blocks. It has much greater proximity now and though it can still be used as an anti air its much harder to do on reaction than it was in the demo and really has to be off of a read now. It also disappears about 1 second quicker now.