What's new

Noob question about reveal trailer

I've been thinking about this for a couple days... I'm sure it's been discussed or whatever, but I'll ask anyway.

Why are so many people convinced about which characters are playable from the reveal trailer and which ones aren't? I guess I'm not understanding how some of the characters are confirmed / guaranteed, but characters like Shinnok and Sindel, who are also in the trailer, are not confirmed?

Brief (VERY brief) game play was shown in the trailer. We saw very short clips of the new character's x-ray attacks in gameplay. Thus, they are definitely playable.

Mileena is assumed to be in due her being a large part of the story AND the fact that she has dialogue. Sindel's and Shinnok and Erron are seen briefly, but don't have any dialogue or gameplay. Hence they are not "confirmed" to be PLAYABLE.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Aside of the story trailer some of them were hinted before like Johnny by the Urbano guy, Sonya, Jax and Mileena in the Faction trailer (look at the towers), plus some leak video capture images and concept art, plus the gamefaqs leak. On the other hand Shinnok and Sindel were only watched in the story trailer, but they could be playable, who knows really.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Gameplay of Kung Jin, Takeda and Jacqui were shown so those can be considered konfirmed. Some of the other chars where just in Story sequences like Mileena and Shinnok but through other leaks those 2 can be confirmed as well..