What's new

Question Noob Harley needs tips.

Shake

Noob
Hi guys. I'm super new to fighters, have barely played any before injustice, and am trying to learn the game playing Harley Quinn as my first character.

I've mostly been working on my combos in practice and have gotten them down relatively well however when I play online I'm not really sure what I should be doing.

Again, I'm really new to fighters so I just dont really understand what my objective is. I've basically been trying to get my combos started at all times by just trying to land a b22 or j2 but I feel like this isn't right? Basically all I do are those two moves, when should I be doing other moves? Should I always be trying to satrt my combo or should I try to do smaller combos off of other moves like 123 xx 112?

Also, how do i know hwen I should be blocking versus trying to get an attack in?

Lastly, my mid screen bread and butter that I've been learning is:

b22 - TS - 1 - b3 - j2 - j2 - 12 - play doctor

This seems like the best one that I've been able to find but is there one thats better?

Thanks guys!

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
Try to think about situations in which those moves may not work and what moves make work instead.

For example, what are her fastest moves, what are her good lows and overheads? What kind of damage can you get off of these moves?
Are they safe? What moves could you use to keep someone away from you? etc.

Just remember that while doing combos is important, there are plenty of situations in which you may not be able to land those combos and will need to resort to using other tools.

with Harley i throw out a few mb b3 they don't expect it and you can get a decent combo off it. if they block low all the time her f3 has some good range and a weird hitbox (i jump over them sometimes). rather then using b22 and ji2 all the time try doing some d1's into ts1

darksyde

Abaduga
I'm pretty good with Harley and to start off my combos i just try to get them with a j2 and for me it works pretty well

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
her 48% combos are usually her corner combos I believe.....
But @ FlipinFlava pretty much hit on the head for it all depends on the situation and what character your up agains

Katt

Magnet
Make sure you have Release check (negative edge) turned off when you play Harley. Her d1xxTS1 is very good. If you have release check turned on you might get d1xxdb1 which gives your opponent a free juggle.