What's new

Noob.Com updated and reset with more clues!

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Is it bad that I don't give two shits about tier lists and just want to kick some ass with my favorite DC characters?
Same here, man
I had the most fun in MK9 with the lower tier characters. Good thing the AI in MK9 is easy as hell. Tier lists/competetiveness just saps the fun out of the game for me.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm just saying this because I've seen him play MK, SFxT and SC5 and it looks like he has no idea what he's doing in any of those games, so it's pretty hilarious that he thinks he can start going to tourneys now. If he wants to try and keep going then good on him, but I don't see how he can think he can play like that and not get bodied.
The level of comp is never as high as a non-player thinks. Only a select few are ever going to be top 8 material, but you can make a name for yourself just showing up and being passionate. The beauty of real actual local events is that there are always beginners or just guys who want to help you level up. If this is the game that JaeRoar excited enough to get up off the couch, he deserves nothing but encouragement.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
To be fair, so did half this fucking forum.
True. It was the same thing with Black Adam (although that's more understandable). NRS has made some pretty creative movelists. I'm sure they'd be able to differentiate. Plus, I think big name characters deserve a playable villain.

I'm fully aware of the life of a fighting game (I play SF, SC, UMvC3, MK, SFxT and hopefully TTT2 and KOF soon), and BTW I think that UMvC3 worth it since it had plenty new characters, few more stages and the mode H&H in free DLC, that makes the real 1 player mode.

But I'm against the "let's make several DLC with things that could be bonus" state of mind, and if I succeeded to not buy SFxT (and a lot of non-fighting game) for this, and several DLC that do interest me in UMvC3 particularly, I will succeed to not buy any of Injustice's one if I choose to.
The thing is that most of player see DLC as a bonus for the customer, but I see it as a malus for people that can't buy it (or who don't have online). Few years ago additional missions, bonus characters and alternative outfit were to unlock not to buy, by doing some specific actions for example.
Now they just make additional content that could be in the game but no, if people are ready to buy everything why give it free ?

For finish I precise that I talk about "little" DLC like costume, map, sometimes characters, missions, weapon or even part of history. I don't talk about big one like TBoGT and TLD for GTA4.
Seriously last week I saw my little brother buy a season pass for AC3 30 freaking euros ! How can people accept to pay the price of full game for additional content, no matter how bad you like the game ?!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
DLC can be fantastic when done right, and downright theft when done wrong.

Like most things in this world, it has a good purpose, but people spin it for profit and sour it. If a company releases a full game, then makes more content after and sells it at a reasonable price, then that's fantastic. I love supporting devs, and when it comes to games I like (Dark Souls, for example), nothing makes me happier than more content.

Now, that's worlds different than making a a complete game and locking content to be sold at a later date. Or making an incomplete game, releasing it, then selling the completed parts later. If NRS releases a complete game, then makes a few new characters/costumes/stages later, and sells them, I'll surely buy them. Both to support NRS and to enjoy them myself.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
DINOZORD STUFF
Man, I really wanna play this Dinozords guy and demonstrate his failings.
GUYS, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIMAL?
The trollolololers who perfectly demonstrate how hilariously easy it is to get any thread off topic.

Also, that JaeRoar guy. Fuuuuuuuck him. The article of his video that got posted up about Raven and Killer Frost pissed me off. Clearly ripped entirely from the thread about it here and not ONE mention of the site or anything.

He even used the exact same image I so neatly cherry picked from Google to support my baseless argument the top-right character on the achievement is Raven.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
To put it simply, I have no qualms with purchasing additional content for one or more of these reasons.

1. I like the developer a lot and think they deserve the additional cash flow.
2. I think the original package is worth the price I paid for it as is.
3. I think the additional content is worth the price they ask.

Tends to be reasons 2 and 3 more often than not.

Anyhow, as a longtime player of fighting games, I'm quite used to paying for additional content in my games... it just so happens that now instead of buying a new cart/disc, they're sold to me as expansions of the original. This holds true for me as a pc game player, 'swell. Expansion packs big and small never troubled me, ethically.

Truth be told, the only time I felt that I would be ripped off is a certain title by the name of Blazeblue Continuum Shift: Extend. One additional character (having paid the rather hefty 21 dollars for the three dlc characters in the previous edition) and some questionable balance changes did not a 30+ dollar pricetag warrant, unfortunately. So I didn't buy it, no regrets.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys, if you want to play around, take that stuff to the Off-Topic forum.. Don't ruin this thread.

Swine of Omnipotence

Lord of Swines
Nah, but Ed Boon recently trolled/teased Penguin being playable, claiming that a bug in the game made his green mist dragon punch too strong:

When asked if he was trolling he replied, "What's trolling?"

God damn Ed Boon
I saw. I'm positive he isn't playable. But it's still pretty funny. lol.

Lantern's Light

Member Of the Martian Manhunter Brigade .
Nah, but Ed Boon recently trolled/teased Penguin being playable, claiming that a bug in the game made his green mist dragon punch too strong:

When asked if he was trolling he replied, "What's trolling?"

God damn Ed Boon
thats been confirmed as a stage hazard

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I thought the Penguin smacked Harley Quinn with the umbrella....
Maybe it's just me but I think there is a pixel definition difference between Penguin and the background, so I think they just shopped in his model from Arkham or wherever. Especially as the background doesn't seem to be Arkham.

Wonder who that toppled statue is meant to be

Swine of Omnipotence

Lord of Swines
Maybe it's just me but I think there is a pixel definition difference between Penguin and the background, so I think they just shopped in his model from Arkham or wherever. Especially as the background doesn't seem to be Arkham.

Yeah. The shadows are all wrong and pretty pixely.

The status... hm... I'll need to think about it.

And what's that hand in the lower left-hand corner? I just noticed it.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Yeah. The shadows are all wrong and pretty pixely.

The status... hm... I'll need to think about it.

And what's that hand in the lower left-hand corner? I just noticed it.
Meh, it's probably all nothing, like it's just a test stage from another game or something that Boon need to paste Penguin on...

Nope, background is Arkham, you can see the very edge of the cell block sign on that pillar. This might be the transition back to the first room?