What's new

Non Zoning, Zoning.

Noob
I have been playing EB recently. And have been frustrated by his lack of zoning. Which I think is a bit silly on my part since he isn't a zoning character. But his character model really says something different.

I cant find a character I really relate to. My other main character is D'Vorah. Both of them are great and I think I'm really looking for something that just isn't there. But I want a rush down character that really gets in my opponents face. But If I want to keep them away and just frustrate my opponent with some sort of zoning, they both just don't have it.

Who do you guys think is the best non zoning character with decent zoning options.
Damage isn't really the aim of it all. But just something to spam and annoy. Then close in on the irritated opponent to really lay on the damage.

I saw Sonic Fox rock some Kitana. But I haven't given her a shot yet. Does she have any decent 50/50s.
And the other one I have been thinking about would be Kung Lao. Again, how are his 50/50s.

The problem is, I don't want to just play a character Sonic does. Because he is just better than I can hope to be. So I may be absolutely horrible with her. And Kung Lao making his way through tournaments is impressive, but again. I don't just want to pick somebody because somebody else makes them look good. So I am wanting to find that one character that I can stick with and really put some time in getting as good as I can.

I do play the local off line tournaments. So I do need somebody that is capable of a decent level of play.

Of course being a rock paper scissors type of game there wont be the perfect all round character. But one can take a good character and play them in a style they weren't intended to surely.

Thanks guys.

I have been playing EB recently. And have been frustrated by his lack of zoning. Which I think is a bit silly on my part since he isn't a zoning character. But his character model really says something different.

I cant find a character I really relate to. My other main character is D'Vorah. Both of them are great and I think I'm really looking for something that just isn't there. But I want a rush down character that really gets in my opponents face. But If I want to keep them away and just frustrate my opponent with some sort of zoning, they both just don't have it.

Who do you guys think is the best non zoning character with decent zoning options.
Damage isn't really the aim of it all. But just something to spam and annoy. Then close in on the irritated opponent to really lay on the damage.

I saw Sonic Fox rock some Kitana. But I haven't given her a shot yet. Does she have any decent 50/50s.
And the other one I have been thinking about would be Kung Lao. Again, how are his 50/50s.

The problem is, I don't want to just play a character Sonic does. Because he is just better than I can hope to be. So I may be absolutely horrible with her. And Kung Lao making his way through tournaments is impressive, but again. I don't just want to pick somebody because somebody else makes them look good. So I am wanting to find that one character that I can stick with and really put some time in getting as good as I can.

I do play the local off line tournaments. So I do need somebody that is capable of a decent level of play.

Of course being a rock paper scissors type of game there wont be the perfect all round character. But one can take a good character and play them in a style they weren't intended to surely.

Thanks guys.
You want 50/50's and zoning that irritates people? Summoner Quan.

Noob
A bit of both I reckon. And it would be nice to pick a couple characters for any situation. But it starts getting a bit much when you are doing the same for other games. And SF5 is around the corner so that's going to add more characters to my play time. I enjoy the genre so I cant just stick to one title like most top players. So I don't expect to ever be top level. But dam good is still a target I would be happy hitting.

EB can throw the sand-grenade, which does 9%, hits low and annoys the fuck out of people. you force the enemy to block low giving you +frames or jump over it, which you can then punish upon landing. also you have that one string which fires a projectile.

so my answer to your question would be: Erron Black.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
erron black has pretty good zoning so im confused Cosidering the low sand grenade has good recovery, 3,2(?)'s gun bullet cover 3/4 the screen vertically, and caltrops stop them from running in

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Cutthroat Kano is the first thing that pops into my mind. Overhead and low mixup but at the same time has a fast projectile.

Either that or just play Quan Chi. Ketchup put a guide out today on Warlock and opened my eyes to it. Give it a shot! :)

Noob
I mostly play outaw EB. The low grenade is pretty fun. But it is the easiest projectile to get over and passed. In marksman you can throw down caltrops and shoot mid, making it hard to get in, and the caltrops stop them running up on you. But they feel like an after thought. And it may be the fact that he looks like he should be shooting loads all over the screen that i feel frustrated at how slow his projectiles are.

@ ZigZag.
The reason I want some better zoning is just to annoy and get the person I am playing against in a foul mood. That's it. I like playing up close. Which is why I want a character with sweet 50/50s. But has that option to annoy in their arsenal.

Schuyler

Noob
bone shaper shinnok. Btw nither kitana or kund lao has actual 50/50s one is about zonning and footsies ones about pressure and footsies.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
You want zoning, rushdown and 50/50's with resets?

BS Shinnok is for you! Sure he lacks damage, but you can have the best of both worlds!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Unless you think you can immediately kompete at the game's highest levels, look over the kast and play who looks like the most fun.

If you can't get that kharacter to klick, look over the kast - pick again - and practice up to see how it goes.

The character that hooks you is the one you'll be best with because its the love that gets you hooked that compels you to "git gud."

Last edited:

Noob
BS Shin is pretty fun to watch. But I don't like the lack of damage he puts out. Quan looks pretty staunch. Will have to start test playing him this week. Seems the only complaint people have about him is the wake up situation. Will look at Mileena.

Thanks guys.

Noob
@GAV
That's pretty much the reason I started with D'Vorah and still go back to her regularly. I am just looking for something a little more varied. She would be the only character I played if she had a better projectile. Her bugs are slow like.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Unless you think you can immediately kompete at the game's highest levels, look over the kast and play who looks like the most fun.

If you can't get that kharacter to klick, look over the kast - pick again - and practice up to see how it goes.

The character that hooks you is the one you'll be best with because its the love that gets you hooked that compels you to "get gud."
"git"

lollerskates,

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@GAV
That's pretty much the reason I started with D'Vorah and still go back to her regularly. I am just looking for something a little more varied. She would be the only character I played if she had a better projectile. Her bugs are slow like.
I think its by design.

I play Kotal. His projectiles are slow sauce in exchanges, but on wake-up - they become hot sauce.

JayThaTruth plays a mean DV now, but he struggled with her early.

Its safe to say that her character design leaves you puzzled until you piece her together to leave opponents puzzled.