What's new

Non NRS games

I still need to beat GTA5, Assassins Creed Black flag, etc. I usually just play the online portions of games, although I haven't touched my ps3 as much the past few months.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I just play MK9 and Injustice really (idgaf about netcode, when all you have for an offline scene is one mk9 player and one injustice player you take it) but here's my experience of other games:

Downloaded UMVC3 in the Xbox sales, gave up on it because of awkward inputs and the fact I actually managed to win with Morrigan fireballs/fly cancels and light, medium, heavy, special, light, medium, heavy, special or whatever the notation is. So braindead IMO and one combo kills- how is that not broken?! No breakers, clashes or anything!

Played a bit of Tekken 6 at my friends house for the first time and actually kinda like it, if I had time to practice and get good I think I might like it better. At least it's a hell of a lot faster than Tekken 1 trolololol. If I do get it you better watch out for my Eddy or Nina ;)

Downloaded the KOF XIII demo, went through most of the tutorial until I got to the most unbelievable load of crap I've ever seen. I mean HOLY CRAP, diagonal right down left diagonal other diagonal right left down punch (or whatever the weird long input was) CANCELLED INTO down away down away punchx2. HOW THE HELL DOES ANYONE LAND THAT IN A TINY AMOUNT OF TIME?! Respect to the execution of the high-level players of that game...

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I just play MK9 and Injustice really (idgaf about netcode, when all you have for an offline scene is one mk9 player and one injustice player you take it) but here's my experience of other games:

Downloaded UMVC3 in the Xbox sales, gave up on it because of awkward inputs and the fact I actually managed to win with Morrigan fireballs/fly cancels and light, medium, heavy, special, light, medium, heavy, special or whatever the notation is. So braindead IMO and one combo kills- how is that not broken?! No breakers, clashes or anything!

Played a bit of Tekken 6 at my friends house for the first time and actually kinda like it, if I had time to practice and get good I think I might like it better. At least it's a hell of a lot faster than Tekken 1 trolololol. If I do get it you better watch out for my Eddy or Nina ;)

Downloaded the KOF XIII demo, went through most of the tutorial until I got to the most unbelievable load of crap I've ever seen. I mean HOLY CRAP, diagonal right down left diagonal other diagonal right left down punch (or whatever the weird long input was) CANCELLED INTO down away down away punchx2. HOW THE HELL DOES ANYONE LAND THAT IN A TINY AMOUNT OF TIME?! Respect to the execution of the high-level players of that game...
The trick to KOF is, there's buffers for inputs. This makes motions like QCF, HCB X LP/HP much more easier to do. Instead of doing that motion seperately, you can just roll your thumb to QCF, then HCB all in one fell swoop. You can even buffer HCB+F moves by doing Forward, qcb back to forward.

Well I don't know about the majority of the community, but I've been getting a tad bored of NRS games, mainly injustice. I don't have an xbone so I can't play KI. So I was wondering if there's people that play other games such as: Ae, blazblue, guilty gear, 3rd strike, etc.

I've been playing a lot of AE and BBCP lately and been having a blast.

Basically, I made this thread so people could share the gamertag/PSN to play other games.
Mine is NRF_Chimbz (PSN) . I'll be glad to play anybody.
I play casually all other games beside NRS games with my friends, where I just mash and pick up things I know about FGs from NRS games, but I really want to learn Trinity, and I want to get it.

What's the difference between BlazBlue Extend and CS? I just want to get the digital download because I am too lazy to go Gamestop.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The trick to KOF is, there's buffers for inputs. This makes motions like QCF, HCB X LP/HP much more easier to do. Instead of doing that motion seperately, you can just roll your thumb to QCF, then HCB all in one fell swoop. You can even buffer HCB+F moves by doing Forward, qcb back to forward.
It's still a hell of a lot of inputs for such a small period of time...I'm not even bothering with it, and why should I when MK10 IS OUT SOON? :D

RM_NINfan101

To be fair, NRS games play nothing like any other 2d fighter. There are some similarities of course. I feel like there's alot to learn from other fighting games besides NRS ones. I love Mortal Kombat, it got me into fighting games as a whole. Then when I tried KOF (which, i'll be honest i'm not good at at all) and Street Fighter, I grew into those as well. Though MK9 and pre-patch Injustice gave me some really, really bad habits initially when trying to play those games. (jumping in MK9 at least playing online at the time was really hard to punish due to input lag so when I played SF I was getting destroyed by good players because there is almost no freedom to just jump in.)

I tried games like BBCP, P4A and 3D fighters like Tekken and DOA5 and they just are not for me.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I play casually all other games beside NRS games with my friends, where I just mash and pick up things I know about FGs from NRS games, but I really want to learn Trinity, and I want to get it.

What's the difference between BlazBlue Extend and CS? I just want to get the digital download because I am too lazy to go Gamestop.
There's no difference, maybe a bit of balancing. But CP is on psn for 45$, it's a different game.

RM_NINfan101

There's no difference, maybe a bit of balancing. But CP is on psn for 45$, it's a different game.
CS and CP actually have different system mechanics.

CS had Guard Primers, and were taken out in CP. CP put in Crush Triggers.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
CS and CP actually have different system mechanics.

CS had Guard Primers, and were taken out in CP. CP put in Crush Triggers.
No I meant a difference between cs and extend lol. Like I said, CP is a whole different game. But don't get CS or extend, CP is on pense for 45$!

RM_NINfan101

No I meant a difference between cs and extend lol. Like I said, CP is a whole different game. But don't get CS or extend, CP is on pense for 45$!
Oh, my bad there. I thought you were talking about the differences between Extend and CP lol. Yeah the only difference is between Extend and CS 2 (since CS1 was patched into CS2) was the balance changes to my knowledge, and new characters.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Non-NRS fighting game, or just other non-NRS in any genre?

Non-NRS fighting games - Skullgirls.
Non NRS games - Arkham, inFAMOUS, others.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
DOA. Because playing DOA makes me lawl at Injustice's excuse for background combos.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
To be fair, NRS games play nothing like any other 2d fighter. There are some similarities of course. I feel like there's alot to learn from other fighting games besides NRS ones. I love Mortal Kombat, it got me into fighting games as a whole. Then when I tried KOF (which, i'll be honest i'm not good at at all) and Street Fighter, I grew into those as well. Though MK9 and pre-patch Injustice gave me some really, really bad habits initially when trying to play those games. (jumping in MK9 at least playing online at the time was really hard to punish due to input lag so when I played SF I was getting destroyed by good players because there is almost no freedom to just jump in.)

I tried games like BBCP, P4A and 3D fighters like Tekken and DOA5 and they just are not for me.
Nicely said. I played SF heavily for a long time and then dropped the game. When MK9 was released I was flat out horrible for a long long time. I couldn't figure out why I was so much better at SF, so I picked up SFIV again and everything fell back into place. Once I approached MK9 more like SF I leveled up rather quickly. The no jumping, anti airing, walk backwards and whiff punish approach did wonders lol.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
As far as games that are not fighters...I rarely play anything else because I rarely have time anymore. It's difficult to find 30 hours to beat a game and play SF too. That is the downside of being a old man lol. It's why I prefer fun/simple games like L4d and Dayz. I'm really looking forward to EVOLVE later this year.