What's new

Non-Comic Fans...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm not a hardcore comics fan, but I still like what I've seen so far.

Actually, this game has inspired me to read lots of the comics that these characters are from, so I'm grateful for that.

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
I love seeing people get into comics. It's like dat childhood wonder or something
Agreed, personally I love comics and I would love it if fans of this game started to read them after playing this. Comic books are a fantastic medium and it's always nice to see new readers since they have so many fantastic stories to look forward to.

insignis

Noob
expect good fighting game with interesting story mode and challenges. For the very first time in my life I want to try almost every character.

I believe game got my attention only because of NRS (mechanics and style) 'cause never liked comics thing. I will never and ever even touch Marvel vs Capcom.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

...he said, and that's what I expect.
NRS did a great job with MK9. I know they will do an even better job with Injustice.
Also the competitive aspect of it is another reason.

Well I only watched JLA and TT when I was a kid, so I hope to learn some new heroes and villians that might get me into comic.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm planning on getting comics when this game drops to get into the DC Universe, I don't know where to start though. ;_;

drift221

Shocking Your System
I think its hard to separate your self as a purely "non comic fan" when so many parts of our movies and games are influenced by the comic book industry. Most if not all people have some contact with a Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, ect. piece of media, so I think most people are familiar with these characters. Thats the best thing about the market for this game, its remarkably casual. That said I'm just looking forward to a new competitive to play from NRS.

"The Strange Talent of Luther Strode" & "The Legend of Luther Strode"are two of the better comics out there.
This now may sound very harsh and you don't have to take it seriously, because I don't really like DC comics and prefer Marvel and indie stuff more, but ...
... it bugs me to see that people are getting into comics through DC, because DC comics are worthless garbage.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
"The Strange Talent of Luther Strode" & "The Legend of Luther Strode"are two of the better comics out there.
This now may sound very harsh and you don't have to take it seriously, because I don't really like DC comics and prefer Marvel and indie stuff more, but ...
... it bugs me to see that people are getting into comics through DC, because DC comics are worthless garbage.
Come now dear Killzone! They are not all garbage surely! Plus DC Comics are by far the most accessible to new fans, the New being the latest jumping on point for new fans, any one series of which is only 18 issues in so far. In comparison, Marvel Now is a bloody mess, with 0.1 issues and being thrown about and continuity being heavily shat upon in favour of the Avengers movie.

I say this as a fan of Marvel of course. But Marvel Now was basically, let's mix everything up and have a bunch of writers essentially swap titles, some of this is brilliant, a lot of this is dreck. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Come now dear Killzone! They are not all garbage surely! Plus DC Comics are by far the most accessible to new fans, the New being the latest jumping on point for new fans, any one series of which is only 18 issues in so far. In comparison, Marvel Now is a bloody mess, with 0.1 issues and being thrown about and continuity being heavily shat upon in favour of the Avengers movie.
I say this as a fan of Marvel of course. But Marvel Now was basically, let's mix everything up and have a bunch of writers essentially swap titles, some of this is brilliant, a lot of this is dreck. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
In my eyes that's not how you read comic books nowdays, since nowdays everything sucks:

1) Comics get cancelled very fast, if they don't sell,
2) Characters die off every other comic,
3) Events come out of nowhere, change everything drastically and force you to buy other books to follow the story.

Nowdays, if you want to get into comic books, you should mainly concentrate on the older stuff... comics from +1990 and from early +2000.
Comics from back then were heroic, nowdays they're not.
Marvel comes with the advantage that they offer you more relateable characters. I for one have only ONE single character I can relate to when it comes to DC comics: Red Hood and even that only because he kills off the enemies, something you have to do, when you want to save someone.

Marvel has more to offer in my eyes.
Not saying that Marvel is perfect, but they do it better than DC comic books when it comes to realism and stuff like that.

But as I said it before: there are some great indie comics out there.
The two "Luther Strode" books are amazing and one of the best books of all time is probably "Absolution". Everyone should check that one out:

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Sorry that us comic fans have hijacked this thread again briefly, out of curiosity though Killzone are you a Punisher fan by any chance or not really?

On topic, on a non-fanboy side of things I do quite enjoy fighters, I'm not very good at them but it's one of the few things I play with a group of friends, rotating controllers etc. Last thing we've had to play was Playstation All-Stars, which was average, so we went back to playing TTT2

Justice

Noob
I used to be a huge fan of comics back in the day, but with DC I was a "casual fan". I really only cared about Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. My fave was Aquaman when I was a kid.

I think the DC hate is a little overstated. The comics themselves are great, but it's the monkeys in suits effing up the company with total rebuilds or the DCU every few years it seems and brainiac ideas like the rebirth of Superman. For my money though, the best thing DC ever put out was Camelot 3000 :)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I watched the Batman and Superman animated series when I was super young and watch Justice League and Teen Titans. They were always some of my favorite shows and without really noticing I guess I became a big Batman and Superman fan.

I knew a good amount about the DC universe before this game, but my obsession with the release on April 16th has made me research a bunch of shit I would of never known about. So I really think this will get alot more people into the DC universe in general if they feel the hype we are feeling when this is actually released.

Overall, LOVED Xmen, but besides that I think Marvel is really overrated. I don't see how anyone could like the Avengers over the Justice League. It's no contest in my eyes.

But honestly when it comes down to it, I'm here because this game looks so damn promising in the competitive aspect. The more I learn about it the more impressed I get. I seriously can't wait for the FGC to dig into this.

Killzone, are you a Punisher fan by any chance or not really?
Tough question. I never got into him, so I would say that I don't care about him most of the time.
I think he is alright, when he interacts with the Marvel universe, but I have a tough time reading his stuff, when he is in his own world and only fights regular badguys.
I do like me some supernatural stuff in my comic books.

Goldi

Noob
Never read comics. Not interested in most of the stories. Batman is an exception. Batman is just made of awesome. Will buy Injustice because peer pressure.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I actually liked Luther Strode a lot, the ending was pretty rough though.

Sucks to see yourself die lol