What's new

Non-Character Patch Changes

To complement the thread about balance changes for characters which people want in a patch, I'm starting a thread about other game changes that players would like to see made in the game.

Here are a few which I would like to see:

GUILDS:

Get Rid of the Endless Tower Hack: For those of you who don't know what the Endless Tower Hack is, it's how you get 360 Guild Points for doing an Endless Tower. That's the case regardless of how many opponents you face in the Endless Tower. So, if you start the Endless Tower and then hit Finish Event, you get 360 Guild Points. If you do that again, you max out to your daily limit of 500 Guild Points with less than a minute of effort.

This does, of course, render the entire concept of guild points and guild rankings COMPLETELY pointless, since if there is a higher ranked guild than the one you're in, it means that there are more people in that guild who take the time to exploit this hack - and the ranking means zero other things. For instance, the guild I'm in hovers between 2nd and 4th on the Xbox rankings and there are maybe ten people in it who actually contribute to the guild and the rest just exploit a hack to make it look like they're contributing something.

It's silly to award 50 guild points for slogging through an event on hard level and then give 360 of them for literally doing absolutely nothing and this needs to go away.

Nerf the Bosses: Give the bosses 10,000 health instead of 12 or 15K. It will make actually beating one less of a slog of doing the same thing over and over and over again and you'll only have to do it over and over again instead. The fights become really tedious and redundant really quick. Also, if they have less health, there's more incentive for the mid-level players in your guild to actually accept a boss invite, since only being able to do a thousand damage would be a relevant contribution to the fight and the third place fighter would need to spend less time just sitting there watching somebody else do something and people might bother to say yes to the invite more often.

Rotate the Boss Fights: Instead of having the person who sent the invite fight first each time, rotate the start position between all three players so that they take turns beginning it. Often, one guy can beat the boss himself, but it takes about five minutes and then it's his turn to do it again while the other two are sitting there not really doing anything. It's tiresome for the first guy and dull for the others. Letting each person take a turn would keep all the players involved and give them a break as well.

Less Dumb Modifiers: There's a reason that I only ever did about a dozen Living Towers in my time playing Mortal Kombat. It's because all the weird modifiers to the fights turn the game into something other than the one which I bought and that doesn't interest me. I want good players to contribute to the guilds, but they didn't sign up to play a game where you fight upside down or on super speed, so they don't bother to do them and instead focus on places where they can play the game that they bought. These often make the events tedious and dumb rather than different and interesting and need to be taken out. If NRS wants to have a place like the Living Towers where people can use these, then fine, but don't make them an essential element of a main aspect of the game.

ONLINE:

Separate out the gear and non-gear sections entirely. Give each one their own ranked matches, KOTHs, rooms, etc. Gear is a major part of this game and those who want to play with it should be free to do so as much as they like, but it shouldn't be a default which those who want to play in competitive mode need to find someone to agree to turn off. Having it and not having it make for two very different games and the areas to play those two separate games should just plain be separated.

Those are my thoughts. Anyone have any opinions on them or other suggestions which they'd like to see?

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I think they already confirmed this is coming but I really want to be able to purchase more than one motherbox at a time.

Would also to be able to find duplicate gear easier. Maybe an option to sort alphabetically so the dupes will be next to each other.

In ranked play, I would like to not be able to see who my opponent is picking. Other fighting games do this. I swear every ranked game my opponent sits there until I make my pick. This really encourages counter picking. I know this is a very matchup based game but come on. Ranked games, characters should be hidden.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I think they already confirmed this is coming but I really want to be able to purchase more than one motherbox at a time.

Would also to be able to find duplicate gear easier. Maybe an option to sort alphabetically so the dupes will be next to each other.

In ranked play, I would like to not be able to see who my opponent is picking. Other fighting games do this. I swear every ranked game my opponent sits there until I make my pick. This really encourages counter picking. I know this is a very matchup based game but come on. Ranked games, characters should be hidden.
You can choose to hide your cursor if you like. It's right above the change loadout button at character select.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Turn gear off by default in all online modes.
Make ranked sessions 2/3 instead of a single match.
I really like the blind pick idea that @Rizz091 suggested.

*On second thought, maybe a matchmaking queue with gear on could be fun. But like OP said, it should be its own separate mode.

Maybe change the push block input to block + stance switch. This way you don't ruin your attempts to perform a MB b3/f3, and you don't accidentally clash or (even worse) stop blocking altogether.

Allow players to change gear while idle in King of the Hill.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Ranked 2/3. Automatic blind pick in ranked so we can stop playing character select screen games. That's a nice to have though. 2/3 is a must have.
I agree with this so much.

Here are some of my suggested changes to Injustice 2:

Timer changed from 240 seconds to 180 seconds

Best 2 out of 3 games on Ranked

Blind Character Select on Ranked

Competitive ability mode where all the abilities can be chosen before you choose your stage. However, none of the stats will be affected.

MB invincibility to start significantly earlier in a charcters Forward Dash

No Unblockable Interactables

CONTROVERSIAL/MAYBE **Special Moves to only build Super Meter on Hit or Block

CONTROVERSIAL/MAYBE**No Chip Damage kills (does not include Super Moves, Damage Over Time moves or B3/F3s)

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
fix the damn whiffing issues in this game. ive never seen half as much whiffing in any fighting game as i do in this one. make d2's scale more, for some characters they hardly scale at all. give some characters some gear abilities as regular moves. and god yes ranked 2/3 and actually make a ranking system

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Ranked 2/3 or 3/5.

Change pushblock to just mb while blocking to get rid of unintentional clashes.

Get rid of mid screen unblockable interactables. (Make them blockable)
That's going to cause a lot of problems when trying to mb b3 and etc during gaps, especially with how long you have to input the pushblock. I think no matter what there's going to be issues with the controls in this game. They couldn't even manage to prevent alternate controls from getting accidental back dashes constantly.

Fix air escapes (maybe instantly recover once you hit the ground and make it so you can actually air escape whenever you want in a combo)

Make mb dash come out faster universally or instant recovery

Get rid of all auto block situations (if you press a button will blocking you should get hit fuck this hand holding shit)

Look into changing input for push block

Look into gaining meter on block

Ranked 2/3
Or
Playermatch automatically competitive no gear

Perhaps slight universal nerf on character walk back speed

Fix interactables

Fix floating character hit boxes so lows will still hit at normal range

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Pushblock back to R2 without the forward input.

Interactables to all be blockable. The unblockable armorable launcher ones are ridiculous and I abuse them all the time with Beetle and the unblockable ones with power characters go without saying. I don't know why competitive mode wouldn't disable them anyway or at least make them blockable. They make some match ups harder than they need to be overall.

Once you reach level 20 it would be nice if you could just buy with credits whatever other gear you want. If you only play one-two characters like a lot of people, you shouldn't still be having to farm for stuff over two months into the game. A lot of people myself included get a lot of gear and shaders for character they never touch (I have same amount of shaders for Atrocitus as my mains).

Timer changed to 180. Timeouts actually being a relevant factor in matches as they currently aren't would be welcomed.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Here's some I'd like to see that are about core features of the game:

-Have a direct option to "Buy Another Motherbox" right after opening one, or "Buy X Motherboxes". Don't get me wrong, the option that was added to directly open your next motherbox is great but still did not solve the tedious motherbox opening problem completely. When you have run out, you go back to buying and opening them one by one, which is the same problem as before.
-Make it impossible for Lv 20 Gear to come with a Character XP Augment. All XP and Profile XP augments are fine.
-Make a "Keep" gear marking feature. I have way too many pieces of gear I want to keep and not enough loadouts to compensate for this. I don't want to accidentally sell my wanted pieces of gear because I can't put them in a loadout.
-Have more ways to sort gear. Have options to sort Alphabetically, by Strength, by Health, by Level, by Head/Chest/Arms, etc.
-Players can now see how many Abilities (from a total) they have unlocked for a character. Many still don't know how many abilities they have for a character and just how many a character has. It'd be great to see if say I've unlocked 5/6 abilities for Bane, and so on. I can see how many Shaders I've unlocked for a character, why not abilities?
-Have the option to customize AI attributes in Single Player CPU Fights and Practice Mode. The same way you'd customize the attributes for your AI loadouts. It'd be great to get some more "anti-zoning" experience or some other experience vs some CPU characters if I can't get any good games but I simply can't because the CPU just doesn't fight the way I want them to.
-The Default Setting for the Match Timer to be Changed to 180 Seconds. This value is still plenty of time and even with this setting at EVO, none of them came close to a timeout.
-Make the Direct Level Up by Source Crystals Feature Lower in Value the Higher your Character Level is. It simply doesn't make any sense for someone to pay 10'000 Source Crystals to level up a character from level 19 to 20 when they pay the same value to go from level 2 to 20. This is an absolute ripoff and surprised I've seen no one talk about this.
-Make Ranked Matches First to 2 Wins (Best 2/3). Many are asking for this and I'd like to ask for it as well.
-Make Competitive Mode the Default Match Option for Online Player Matches. Same as above. Many are asking for this and I'd like to ask for it as well. This would not work well in KOTH, I don't want to wait an extra 20+ minutes from this feature to be able to play.
-Make Competitive Mode the Default Match Option for Practice Mode. This is annoying, especially if I have a geared loadout set as the default for say Superman then I set Superman practice dummy and he comes with said custom loadout and I then have to manually select Competitive Mode. It's an unnecessary hassle.
-In Practice Mode, Add the Option to Save a Reset Distance. The option for saving a Reset Position in practice is there (where you two start in neutral on the stage) but for practicing certain setups, combos, and even exploring character strategies and frames, it'd be much more efficient to also save a Reset Distance from the opponent. The current options are only default, close, or far.

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Here's some I'd like to see that are about core features of the game:
-Make the Direct Level Up by Source Crystals Feature Lower in Value the Higher your Character Level is. It simply doesn't make any sense for someone to pay 10'000 Source Crystals to level up a character from level 19 to 20 when they pay the same value to go from level 2 to 20. This is an absolute ripoff and surprised I've seen no one talk about this.
At first I thought this too, but then I realized there'd be no point in making a change like this. Why would anyone want to spend their already limited crystals to level up a character a single level? If someone already was willing to pay up they would have done so way before reaching level 19. That's why nobody's talking about this, because nobody cares.
-In Practice Mode, Add the Option to Save a Reset Distance. The option for saving a reset position in practice is there (where you two start in neutral on the stage) but for practicing certain setups, combos, and even exploring character strategies and frames, it'd be much more efficient to also save a Reset Distance from the opponent.
Isn't that already in? I'm pretty sure it is.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
-Make it impossible for Lv 20 Gear to come with a Character XP Augment. All XP and Profile XP augments are fine.
-Make a "Keep" gear marking feature. I have way too many pieces of gear I want to keep and not enough loadouts to compensate for this. I don't want to accidentally sell my wanted pieces of gear because I can't put them in a loadout.
-Have more ways to sort gear. Have options to sort Alphabetically, by Strength, by Health, by Level, by Head/Chest/Arms, etc.
These are my most wanted, particularly the third point. I have about 50-60 epic pieces per character at this point, and the inability to sort them is maddening.