What's new

No Robert Englund? Fail.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I'm probably the only person that thinks Freddy's gonna be slick. The only DLC I'll probably buy being a hardcore horror fanatic. I just wish they could have stuck with classic Krug. Nobody plays Freddy the way Englund plays Freddy. Really digging the moveset, though. He's gonna be a beast with those lows.

Kwon

---->----
I'm probably the only person that thinks Freddy's gonna be slick. The only DLC I'll probably buy being a hardcore horror fanatic. I just wish they could have stuck with classic Krug. Nobody plays Freddy the way Englund plays Freddy. Really digging the moveset, though. He's gonna be a beast with those lows.
Yes, the ONE and ONLY TRUE Freddy is Englunds version, but it is easily understandable why they modelled him after Hayley, since he is the actor of the 2011-movie.

Marketing-ploy.

Good for Hayley i guess.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
WB probably made them use the new freddy, NO ONE LIKES the reboot freddy so I doubt it was NRS decision, but WB probably wants to continue doing things with the franchise so its better to promote the new one then the old one sadly.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Just rewatched the video and those ground-pounds look quick. I wonder if those can be jumped easily. Probably an enormous moveset (I'm guessing he'll have near, mid, far). Teleport looks iffy but too soon to say.

Is there a sequel to the remake in the works that I haven't read about?

Ok I must admit I am aboslutely ecstatic. Mother Fecking Freddy! Heck yeah. The reason I'm so hyped is because I'm a horror film aficionado. I don't give a crap if he's considered a joke and if he sucks ass as a char, I'm maining that sob! Check out my horror paraphernalia so you could understand the reason Im so hype:

http://imageshack.us/g/35/img0236ju.jpg/

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Two gloves is too much. But that's nitpicking. Good call on that Klassic Krueger. Even if it happened, it'd still need new voice overs. Still, couldn't be happier that I get to see Freddy in an MK game.
Was just about to point out the 2 gloves but that's very true... that's not a big deal and would be 'nitpicking'

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Idk who the better version is, but Hayley is a fantastic actor, so hopefully no one is dissing him as an artist when preferring the Englund version.

WB probably made them use the new freddy, NO ONE LIKES the reboot freddy so I doubt it was NRS decision, but WB probably wants to continue doing things with the franchise so its better to promote the new one then the old one sadly.
Speak for yourself. Haley did a fantastic job as Freddy. He acted a lot like Englund did in the first film (before they turned him into the wise-cracking joke he was in the sequels).

Also, another reason could be the fact that Englund has officially retired his version of the character, and stated that he supports Haley's version of the character.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Englund, Haley, i'm just geeked out that we get Freddy at all man. This is so awesome.

If we're gonna nitpick, think about it... it could have been worse. We could have gotten Kobra, or Taven, or Mokap, or Tanya, or Sareena, or Kai, or Jarek, or Hsu Hao, or any other character that is infinitely more boring than one of the coolest horror movie characters of all time...

Englund, Haley, i'm just geeked out that we get Freddy at all man. This is so awesome.

If we're gonna nitpick, think about it... it could have been worse. We could have gotten Kobra, or Taven, or Mokap, or Tanya, or Sareena, or Kai, or Jarek, or Hsu Hao, or any other character that is infinitely more boring than one of the coolest horror movie characters of all time...
Drahmin as DLC.
NO ONE would buy that shit.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Two gloves is too much. But that's nitpicking. Good call on that Klassic Krueger. Even if it happened, it'd still need new voice overs. Still, couldn't be happier that I get to see Freddy in an MK game.
He has two gloves for gameplay reasons, if he had one glove that slashed and he punched with his other hand all of his combo strings would have to be stance specific because of the weird front/back limb system and that would make him kinda hard to play as.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
He has two gloves for gameplay reasons, if he had one glove that slashed and he punched with his other hand all of his combo strings would have to be stance specific because of the weird front/back limb system and that would make him kinda hard to play as.
Yeah that's the first thing that came to mind. It doesn't bother me at all, I just did a double-take when I first noticed it.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Ok I must admit I am aboslutely ecstatic. Mother Fecking Freddy! Heck yeah. The reason I'm so hyped is because I'm a horror film aficionado. I don't give a crap if he's considered a joke and if he sucks ass as a char, I'm maining that sob! Check out my horror paraphernalia so you could understand the reason Im so hype:

http://imageshack.us/g/35/img0236ju.jpg/
The pool party scene was probably my all time favorite in any freddy movie.

Part 2 was far darker I felt and Freddy looks his creepiest/scariest here. New Freddy is ass, I hope Tim is right and they do in fact release an Englund alt costume.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
QFT.

So are you going to keep playing MK9 or just wait for a....

Sequel.
Ha good one.

I haven't played since Revelations. I'll pick up it up again for Freddy but I am waiting to see what direction they take the franchise. I'm looking forward more to 3rd Strike Online actually...and SFxT is shaping up to be decent.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ha good one.

I haven't played since Revelations. I'll pick up it up again for Freddy but I am waiting to see what direction they take the franchise. I'm looking forward more to 3rd Strike Online actually...and SFxT is shaping up to be decent.
UMK3!!