What's new

No one is getting MK X for last gen, right?

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Heyyy, I'll have it for PS3 but since I'm oversees, I won't have a very good internet connection.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
You'll actually be surprised how many people are getting it for last gen, I'm gonna buy it for my 360 as well and xbone just because I know a lot can't afford a new console yet.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I think people who decide to buy the last gen version of the game are going to be SEVERELY disappointed.

After taxes and potential DLC costs, you'll be dropping about $80 on the game, at least. What would be the point of buying it twice? Just take that money and put it toward a new system.

People have waited for the day that a game came out that made the new systems worth buying. That game is MKX. Also, let's face it - NRS isn't focusing on the last gen version. They're not even developing it.

If people simply put aside 20 bucks a week or so since this game was announced, they'd have more than enough money to buy a new system.

I got a ps3 in the year it was launched, I think it was 2006 or 2008 if I remember correctly. In 2011, I experienced that infamous yellow light of death that those earlier versions of the console were having. I spent nearly the same amount of money that I bought the console trying to have it fixed, that problem just kept coming up again and again every time it got fixed, and because my ps3 was japanese, it was even harder. I lost interest in gaming for 3 years until I got a new ps3 in 2014. At that time I refused to buy a ps4 because it was too expensive, Brazil had the most expensive ps4 in the world actually, and also because nothing new in that console had impressed me that much, it wasn't at least 1 year since I bought the console too. When MK X was announced, I was certain that I was going to get it for my ps3, I thought it wasn't worth buying an expensive console just for one game, even though it was MK. But after I saw Ermac's trailer and that 99 out of 100 people were going next-gen, I just said ''Screw it!" and bought a ps4 pretty much for MK X. lol I'm still getting it for ps3 though.
I can relate with your story, I lost my first PS3 too because of the Yellow Light of Death, but I didn't lost my interest in games because I bought a 360 in that time, and a new PS3 later on. I'm from Brazil too by the way, so I know how expensive a PS4 can be here.

Now, about your question, I think some people will be getting the game for the last gen, here in Brazil you can be sure a lot of people will be playing on PS3 on the beginning, but I think they will go to PS4 later like you're planning to do, in my case I'll be getting the game on the PS4, my best friend is getting the game for PS4 too, so I'm not worried about it, if you want you can play online with us anytime, just hit me on PSN, my PSN ID is "proibido". Since we are from the same country the online connection will be good :)

Decay

King of the Bill
I'm buying a ps4 this month and getting MKX on it when it comes out. I have been a long time Xbox supporter though. I own both the ps3 and xbox360 and use the 360 almost exclusively however, the Xbone seems kinda dumb and microsoft shot themselves in the foot with that one. Sony, here's my money!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll be playing on the Xbox One. I've noticed NRS has been playing with a xbone controller during their streams, that could be a good sign. Also, a lot of KI players are interested in MKX, so I expect more of them to migrate to TYM upon release.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I can relate with your story, I lost my first PS3 too because of the Yellow Light of Death, but I didn't lost my interest in games because I bought a 360 in that time, and a new PS3 later on. I'm from Brazil too by the way, so I know how expensive a PS4 can be here.

Now, about your question, I think some people will be getting the game for the last gen, here in Brazil you can be sure a lot of people will be playing on PS3 on the beginning, but I think they will go to PS4 later like you're planning to do, in my case I'll be getting the game on the PS4, my best friend is getting the game for PS4 too, so I'm not worried about it, if you want you can play online with us anytime, just hit me on PSN, my PSN ID is "proibido". Since we are from the same country the online connection will be good :)
I'll hit you on PSN as soon as I get MKX. I haven't bought any games there yet. I hope MKX netcode will be better than MK9, because MK9 had terrible input delay that killed my execution and timing. Rain was one of my mains, but online he was completely unplayable, his BnBs and RH pressure just didn't work online, even with people from my country. Reptile was hard to play online as well, because he's slow by nature without his elbow dash. :DOGE

Will you main Kitana?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Most will get it on Current Gen as it's the tourney standard, but you should have no problem finding games/people on last gen either.

I'll be getting it on Xbox One and PC :)