What's new

No news at EVO, but there IS MKXL news coming, says Boon

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The show isn't over - straight up. Many of us were expecting something to be announced/unveiled at EVO, but perhaps we had the wrong perception. Before EVO Boon mentioned an announcement in regards to EVO and following that was the $50K pot bonus that would go towards the EVO top 8.

Regardless, we THANK NRS/WB Games once again for the extremely generous tournament pot bonus. On top of that, Boon has stated recently on twitter that there is in fact, MKXL news coming soon. Kombat Pack 3? Mobile updates? One last balance patch?

We will speculate, but we'll also have to wait anxiously and see what the announcement is. See below, the tweet by Ed Boon confirming more MKXL news:

mkxlnews.png

Attachments

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Just wanted to clarify, a new ESL tournament or pot bonus is N!O!T! big news for mkxl.

Speaking for the majority of people who play the game on this planet, nobody cares about a whatever tournament, we care about the actual freakin game. So big news for the ACTUAL GAME would be patches or chars period.

If I hear big news for mkxl one more time followed by a pot bonus or new tournament I'm gonna turn into a gorilla from rage.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I hope to the FGC gods that they DON'T TOUCH THE MID-MID AND UPPER MID TIERS. Buff the bottom tiers, that's IT. If they buff an upper mid tier or middle mid tier, they're going to fuck it up and create a new Mileena, I know it.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Seen this a few days ago I really hope it's KP3 and of coarse some new balance patches. (Which it will be) considering the last polls boon did about sub zero and tremor

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
At this point I'm not even sure I want a balance patch. Maybe a little nerf to Alien and Demo and a buff to some bottom tiers but honestly, I'd prefer they leave the balance alone. All games have top tiers and really Alien and Demo and Piercing etc aren't any less busted/OP than Aquaman and MMH and Zod or Cyrax and Kabal and Kenshi.

I'm also not even sure I want a KP3. Best case scenario is Fujin, Sareena, Noob and a 3d era character but honestly I'd prefer if they left them all alone and just put them in MK11 and gave them the proper, full game treatment they deserve. The roster in MKX sucks, it's a lost cause. About 6 characters just shouldn't be in there except for brand recognition and NRS being afraid to make risky roster decisions, and then there's four (4!!!!) guest characters and Tremor purporting to be a 'Klassic' character. Leave it be, it is what it is and take the roster criticism on board for MK11 I say.

I am, however; positive I won't be in the majority on either note.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Just wanted to clarify, a new ESL tournament or pot bonus is N!O!T! big news for mkxl.

Speaking for the majority of people who play the game on this planet, nobody cares about a whatever tournament, we care about the actual freakin game. So big news for the ACTUAL GAME would be patches or chars period.

If I hear big news for mkxl one more time followed by a pot bonus or new tournament I'm gonna turn into a gorilla from rage.
^ This

When Kp3 comes am gonna rub it on the face of heretics and disbelievers.

Carl

Noob
Waiting for buzzsaw n hattrick buffs. I seriously fukn hate waiting i just want the news nowwwww lol.

I suspect d'vorah will get buffs?

At this point I'm not even sure I want a balance patch. Maybe a little nerf to Alien and Demo and a buff to some bottom tiers but honestly, I'd prefer they leave the balance alone. All games have top tiers and really Alien and Demo and Piercing etc aren't any less busted/OP than Aquaman and MMH and Zod or Cyrax and Kabal and Kenshi.

I'm also not even sure I want a KP3. Best case scenario is Fujin, Sareena, Noob and a 3d era character but honestly I'd prefer if they left them all alone and just put them in MK11 and gave them the proper, full game treatment they deserve. The roster in MKX sucks, it's a lost cause. About 6 characters just shouldn't be in there except for brand recognition and NRS being afraid to make risky roster decisions, and then there's four (4!!!!) guest characters and Tremor purporting to be a 'Klassic' character. Leave it be, it is what it is and take the roster criticism on board for MK11 I say.

I am, however; positive I won't be in the majority on either note.
I count more than six characters that shouldn't be there.
Sonya
Jax
Johnny
Kitana
Kenshi
Kano
Lao
Kang

$500 dollars it's just them announcing Mortal Kombat 9 or Shaolin Monks, has been remastered and received MKXL's netcode and have been made to playable for XBOX One.....

Or, it could be Hsu Hao makes his long awaited arrival to our game.

:DOGE:qtr:DOGE

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Welp... No news is better then bad news is guess.

Just wish they would actually say what it is for once instead of trolling but that's Boon for ya.

Maybe he'll realease Baraka and not a alien hybrid monster.