What's new

No Match For An Amazon - BTK's In-Depth Study of Wonder Woman Gameplay

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Saw this style of analysis performed in the Green Arrow forums, and decided the Amazon needed one as well. Hopefully the more us Amazons study now, the better off we'll be when the game is released. Let’s get started!

------

Video reference:

------
0:25 – Wonder Woman throws a projectile that appears to be very punishable on whiff, much like Scorpion’s chain. Amazonian warriors will have to use caution when using this move.

0:30 – Wonder Woman’s back throw sends the opponent full screen.

0:35 – Previously mentioned projectile causes the opponent to stagger on hit, leading to a variety of combo abilities.

0:37 – A decent string is shown that ends in an overhead, which leaves her opponent at jump range.

0:40 – Wonder Woman charges forward, roughly closing in from Jump Distance, and slams her opponent with her shield, sending her enemy into a juggle state. WW also possesses a string that can send her opponent fullscreen.

0:52 - WW’s ambiguous cross up attack has a very large hitbox. This should make it easy for her to cross up her opponent.

1:19 - A low starter in Lasso mode is observed here, ending with the opponent in a juggle state. This will provide plenty of options for combos.

1:24 - A Wolverive-esque ‘Drill Claw’ move (for those don’t understand, please reference Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3) is observed. It would appear WW can use this in any diagonal direction.

1:33 - Wonder Woman has a crouching Anti-Air while in Lasso mode that covers her front, and back. This will be good for shutting down an opponent’s cross up options. Amazonian players can combo after the Anti-Air.

This is all I have for this particular video. Wonder Woman appears to be a decent character, which will excel from medium to close range of the opponent. It has been said that there will be stance cancelling available, so who knows what exciting options will be revealed!

If you saw something I did not catch, or would like to add your own input, please feel free. Thank you for reading!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
That lasso hit on 1:35 is also a string starter, possibly overhead. And the projectile at 0:35 is enhanced, possibly the regular one does not give a chance for combo.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
That lasso hit on 1:35 is also a string starter, possibly overhead. And the projectile at 0:35 is enhanced, possibly the regular one does not give a chance for combo.
Awesome, thank you for pointing that out!