What's new

No Lex Love?

man at the very least a small combo vid or thread. I can under stand some characters not having combo threads for the first couple days
but this is a freaking demo character we are talking about here. This character should be mostly fleshed out at this point
this guy has a tournament win before a combo thread =p

Komatose

The Prettiest
Care to elaborate on this? He is a deusche bag but an awesome one haha.
I'm not a fan of bulky characters. Or any men, for that matter lol. So don't mind me. I am surprised I took a liking to Bane. Maybe because I wanted a grappler.

I will gladly start a combo thread when I get home tonight if people are willing to help contribute, but the best quality video I can take is on my iPhone so Ii cant really help much with combo videos. What tournament did a Lex win? Is there any gameplay footage??

I will gladly start a combo thread when I get home tonight if people are willing to help contribute, but the best quality video I can take is on my iPhone so Ii cant really help much with combo videos. What tournament did a Lex win? Is there any gameplay footage??
He won a tournament for the demo :p but like win is an understatement. Wonder Chef was the only lex player and he bodied the living piss out of everyone else's batman free. Freer than the Red Sea. They looked like they just found out there is no Easter bunny. words can't even fathom how ruthlessly free he made that match up look. You wood need martin luther king to explain how free it was. I think one of the bats even pee'd a little.
Now no one is playing him? Craziness! Not like he had the demo infinite in the version they were playing

He won a tournament for the demo :p but like win is an understatement. Wonder Chef was the only lex player and he bodied the living piss out of everyone else's batman free. Freer than the Red Sea. They looked like they just found out there is no Easter bunny. words can't even fathom how ruthlessly free he made that match up look. You wood need martin luther king to explain how free it was. I think one of the bats even pee'd a little.
Now no one is playing him? Craziness! Not like he had the demo infinite in the version they were playing
So wait... was batman free? ;) I cant believe that Lex is getting such little love. I mean he's a bald man in a robot suit. What more could you ever want in a character?

Big Frog

Noob
Really? over grundy and bane?! I'm also having fun with grundy, but I haven't tried bane. I'm addicted to lex's shoulder esp on spacing to get in, but stay out of range.
IMO, yeah. Maybe it's just my play style, but he's definitely my best big character. I feel he has the best advantage against zoning as far as the bigs go. Great traps, projectiles, trait. Lex or Doomsday I guess. I don't like the way Bane feels, and you have to be REALLY patient with Grundy, and that's just boring, IMO.

The Sex can at least fight back pretty well with all his zoning tools. I'm not the best player or anything, but it's how I feel at least.

Does Lex really only have that main 112 set up and a b13 combo? All his specials are nice, but is there anything more we can get from him? Forums are bursting with info but lex seems dead. * feel free to link to your own lex info thread*
Still learning the best strings, traps, setups and everything. Will post some info soon. pimpimjim was doing pulling off some nice shit at GGA the other night. Don't think he mains Lex though...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
isnt he helpless in most matchups?
he needs his projectile to do more damage, 3% is garbage

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
IMO, yeah. Maybe it's just my play style, but he's definitely my best big character. I feel he has the best advantage against zoning as far as the bigs go. Great traps, projectiles, trait. Lex or Doomsday I guess. I don't like the way Bane feels, and you have to be REALLY patient with Grundy, and that's just boring, IMO.

The Sex can at least fight back pretty well with all his zoning tools. I'm not the best player or anything, but it's how I feel at least.

Still learning the best strings, traps, setups and everything. Will post some info soon. pimpimjim was doing pulling off some nice shit at GGA the other night. Don't think he mains Lex though...
Yeah his fireball can usually get in when you block someones fireball and you can setup a probe which lets you get in on them.

Also using the air shoulder charge can condition an opponent which lets you do naked jumps and or a 3 in the air.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
corner 50%
corner 49% with hard knockdown

you can end combo #1 with nuke/missiles after the u3 but I haven't tested if they can escape

notation:
combo 1 - 21~ex vacuum, jump 2, f2, b2, u3~meter cancel f3, 11, u3~vacuum
combo 2 - f2, b2, u3~meter cancel f3, u3~ex vacuum, jump 2, b2u3d3

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
ff+meter burn
I'm an idiot, I kept pressing 3 twice...thanks.

I will test this soon, but I know if you do 21~ex vacuum, jump 2, f2, b2, u3 you get 22%

but if you replace f2 with 22d1, b2, d1, u3 you can get 24%

I don't know the total for the full combo yet, I will try it out in a bit now that I can do the meter burn.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
He seems like a very difficult character to learn. I feel that those who put time in Lex though can really demolish other people because most people don't know how to deal with him.