What's new

Nintendo switch version unplayable in its current state.

sars

Noob
Runs better docked or undocked? If it runs worse docked than it does in handheld that is not good because I have experienced the slowdown in handheld and it is not good...
That’s weird mine don’t slow down, I can hit all my combos undocked the minute I dock it I can’t hit nothing. It could also be the tv I play on, since my PS4 is on a no lag monitor and switch is on a big tv. I think it runs fine undocked. I just don’t practice combos cause I know all of them so if I’m working on something it’s normally just the starter to practice certain punishes or matchup knowledge. It’s weird how we all have different results

Matix218

Get over here!
That’s weird mine don’t slow down, I can hit all my combos undocked the minute I dock it I can’t hit nothing. It could also be the tv I play on, since my PS4 is on a no lag monitor and switch is on a big tv. I think it runs fine undocked. I just don’t practice combos cause I know all of them so if I’m working on something it’s normally just the starter to practice certain punishes or matchup knowledge. It’s weird how we all have different results
Yeah it is def the big TV causing issues in your case. I had my ps4 hooked to our 50 inch plasma and the timing is night and day compared to my lagless monitor. The switch screen in handheld also has no screen lag, it is just the framerate can dip with certain combos and especially in certain stages. I dont regret buying the switch version to mess with in handheld but i do wish it stayed at 60fps as advertised

sars

Noob
Yeah it is def the big TV causing issues in your case. I had my ps4 hooked to our 50 inch plasma and the timing is night and day compared to my lagless monitor. The switch screen in handheld also has no screen lag, it is just the framerate can dip with certain combos and especially in certain stages. I dont regret buying the switch version to mess with in handheld but i do wish it stayed at 60fps as advertised
I agree. It does what I wanted it to do. Sometimes we play on the switch at lunch time at work and it can be fun. I really wasn’t expecting it to be perfect but I do agree they need to get it to be a constant 60 FPS. It does what I wanted it to do. As long as the patches stay up to par so I’m practicing the same version as the PS4 I don’t regret the purchase

portent

Noob
Why does it being docked change anything? The dock doesn’t add anything afaik.
It's a power issue. When undocked, more power is needed to just run the system, period. This means it cannot commit full power to running the gpu on the system, and it takes a performance hit.

When docked, the power is derived directly from the power supply, which is enough to allow the gpu to run at full capacity, thus giving best possible graphics and framerate.

That said, many switch games run at 720p undocked and 900p when docked, but the switch only upscales, meaning the graphics actually get muddier when docked on certain games, with Breath Of The Wild being one of the biggest culprits. I haven't really done much comparison docked vs. undocked of the textures to be sure about MK11 though.

For reference: https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/13/nintendo-admits-switch-performance-upgrade-when-docked

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Probably has to do with the graphics downscaling based on the handheld screen's limitations vs when it is hd via the hdmi out on the dock? I dont know really lol
The dock makes a difference apparently, several people on YouTube who are nintendo and spec fanatics explained the dock allows the tv mode to transition smoother and look better than in handheld mode which is more limited compared to 4k TVs resolution. Some games work a little harder on handheld mode. But for me I haven't really had many issues with it in either mode really. I actually had lag last night on xbox when I played towers on the blood ship stage. I. Not sure this is a issue exclusive to switch with slowdown as I've experienced this on xbox as well.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I picked up the switch version today cheap just to have when I just want to lab someone or do some towers. The game runs pretty good so far.

The biggest issue I have is the blurriness of the menus. Yikes is that pathetic.

It does it job as far as labbing is concerned and that's why I got it. Being trapped in a hospital all day or during my days off when my son is sleeping it's going to be nice to lab some characters or practice.

It's a huge visuals downgrade coming from a OLED and One X but that's to be expected.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I picked up the switch version today cheap just to have when I just want to lab someone or do some towers. The game runs pretty good so far.

The biggest issue I have is the blurriness of the menus. Yikes is that pathetic.

It does it job as far as labbing is concerned and that's why I got it. Being trapped in a hospital all day or during my days off when my son is sleeping it's going to be nice to lab some characters or practice.

It's a huge visuals downgrade coming from a OLED and One X but that's to be expected.
Yeah it's not as bad as the MK 9 Vita, but you can tell it's not as graphically nice. It's great for local play, on the go practice. Online I wouldn't recommend as it's ok, I would do it only on wired personally(then again preferably all versions on wired)