What's new

Nintendo DS Wifi shut down in may. Last month for UMK DS matches

MKK hanzo

:( As title says, Nintendo is pulling the plug on the free online service on Wii and DS so, Im gonna publish my DS friend code and will be online mostly after 9pm (gmt+4:30) if anyone want to give a last hurrah to this wonderfull (imo) port in wich I spent so much time and good memories

EDIT: Put my FC in my sig BUT I will be doing mostly randoms in "worlwide"

Ah. So good memories vs @ZAQ (Sheevasfan haha), @CRAZY DOMINICAN Sr wow INNUMERABLE sessions I think more than 800 matches man? He is responsible for 70% of my loss rate hahahahahahha he won far more sets than I to him, truly a beast. @Kensidj wow awesome player as well, Also against @DetroitBalln wow intense matches too.

Juggs we played there?

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't get it, isn't Nintendo's Wi-fi service on the DS completely P2P? I don't see how it's costing them anything...

But yeah, lots of great memories there, UMK3 DS is IMO the most fun/convenient port of the game. Hope there's a 3DS version in some form or another.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I've been looking for this game for a month and still can't find it, I refuse to pay a bunch for it online. Sucks about the online getting cut, dumb that you wouldn't be able to just pop it in your 3ds and play online. I dunno, Nintendo is dumb sometimes,

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I've been looking for this game for a month and still can't find it, I refuse to pay a bunch for it online. Sucks about the online getting cut, dumb that you wouldn't be able to just pop it in your 3ds and play online. I dunno, Nintendo is dumb sometimes,
To my understanding, the way backwards compatibility works is that the system tricks itself into thinking it's a DSi and doesn't acknowledge any of the 3DS's online infrastructure whatsoever. They would need to make a version with the 3DS directly in mind.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
This is upsetting, I still play Mario Kart Wii with friends. Sad to hear about this service going.

ryublaze

Noob
Nintendo DS was my first experience playing online...sad to see it getting shut down. R.I.P. Metroid Prime Hunters and Custom Robo Arena. :(

NoDoubt

nasty
yea ggs Hanzo, MKF30, MISS SPIN, and whoever else I came across when I briefly had DS. It was actually pretty cool, I just was never that great cuz the buttons are small. I did have the DS XL though lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
As for Nintendo being dumb sometimes, they ALL are dumb sometimes... if not for them you'd have no current traditional consoles, granted they're far from perfect and have pros as well as cons but then so does Sony and M$ so...

yea ggs Hanzo, MKF30, MISS SPIN, and whoever else I came across when I briefly had DS. It was actually pretty cool, I just was never that great cuz the buttons are small. I did have the DS XL though lol.
Shit, didn't know about this awe well I had a fun time. I hate it when older consoles kill their servers, seems they all do it :(

GG's to all who played.