What's new

Nightwolf General Questions Thread!

NKZero

Noob
After the 4th jab I finish with a 122 shoulder charge. L0rdoftheFLY got the most damaging combo string but the easiest combo string with a little less damage is, f31 axe/axe 1 dash 1 dash 1 dash 1 dash 122 into shoulder charge and I think it's like 35% or something ad a jump punch to it and its like 38%
The easier combos are actually starter into axe swing-B2-axe swing-1-122 shoulder. You can squeeze in another standing 1 for an extra 1% of damage but it is slightly harder to execute. I stick to this combo since I do not always play Nightwolf and I don't want to be dropping combos but it still nets more damage than the juggle 1's.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Basically, if you're looking to maximize damage, you're doing the wrong combo if you can do more than two standing 1's in a combo. Always try to do (starter)+b2+hatchet+1,1,122charge

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Yeah I can get 1.1.1.1.2.2 charge offline, onlines a different story tho cos everytime I try it, I drop it after the 2nd 1.

Another question, How do you hit a crouching Sonya, Mileena or Kitana? I cant get near them when they D4 constantly & when I try to bait them out with lightning, they just teleport or fly across the screen, rince & repeat.

Cheers.

NKZero

Noob
Yeah I can get 1.1.1.1.2.2 charge offline, onlines a different story tho cos everytime I try it, I drop it after the 2nd 1.

Another question, How do you hit a crouching Sonya, Mileena or Kitana? I cant get near them when they D4 constantly & when I try to bait them out with lightning, they just teleport or fly across the screen, rince & repeat.

Cheers.
Mate Nightwolf sucks online for this very reason so don't beat yourself up over it. I recommend practicing the combos that Fly or myself suggested above since they don't require as many dash 1's and they net more damage.

Yeah those three are particularly difficult because of their long ranged pokes. If you block a D4 then you can counter-poke with a D4/D3 depending on the range. At max range you won't reach since their D4's (Kitana's D1) out-range your poke. The best thing to do versus auto-pilot D4's is just cross them over with a jump punch to punish and if they are still avoiding the punch the jump kick will always get them. Also just having the threat of lightning/EX lightning should make them hesitate from sitting in that position for so long. Just make sure you use it correctly and unpredictably.

Anyways just thought I'd say this is the only forum in the world (maybe lol) where a Man Utd fan will help a Liverpool fan :OP

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I would like the advice of some1 who doesnt support Man Utd plz! lol

Cheers, I only just picked Nightwolf up & to be honest, the only reason I did was to do the 1.1.1.1 combos cos they look cool when all you guys do them & when they come off for myself. I don't pick characters based on anything other than flashy combos (sad I no), but I don't take the game to seriously.

Anyway, when my opponent picks any of those 3 whores i'll just have to pick some1 else & just leave Nightwolf aside, unless I play a total noober.

NKZero

Noob

Cheers, I only just picked Nightwolf up & to be honest, the only reason I did was to do the 1.1.1.1 combos cos they look cool when all you guys do them & when they come off for myself. I don't pick characters based on anything other than flashy combos (sad I no), but I don't take the game to seriously.

Anyway, when my opponent picks any of those 3 whores i'll just have to pick some1 else & just leave Nightwolf aside, unless I play a total noober.
Oh yeah I guess if you aren't committed to Nightwolf as a main then you can always counter-pick those matches but he can still hold his own in them.

The 1111 combos take practice. They eventually become second nature just like any other combo. Dash jabbing is a good skill to pick up because so many characters can issue combos in that manner (Sonya, cage, jax, etc). Nightwolf is perfect for leveling up that skill.

Big D is right that doing axe b2 axe 1122 shoulder is your best bet for damage. I like to mix it up though and get in some longer jab carries for fun. In addition, you need to be able to do the longer jab carries for situational combos (anti air, air to air, punishing mileena telekicks, etc).

Big D

The 1111 combos take practice. They eventually become second nature just like any other combo. Dash jabbing is a good skill to pick up because so many characters can issue combos in that manner (Sonya, cage, jax, etc). Nightwolf is perfect for leveling up that skill.

Big D is right that doing axe b2 axe 1122 shoulder is your best bet for damage. I like to mix it up though and get in some longer jab carries for fun. In addition, you need to be able to do the longer jab carries for situational combos (anti air, air to air, punishing mileena telekicks, etc).
There is a good use in doing the "flashy" juggle combos though. If your trying to carry them to the corner, go for it. Its fun to do and it does have its uses.

NKZero

Noob
Question. Why does NW's Arrow have a quicker startup during a juggle combo?
Yeah sometimes you get a super quick arrow in random situations. once you knock them down with shoulder charge at the end of a combo, follow up with an arrow and it comes out really fast. i use it with EX lightning mix-ups so that if they jump they get hit by the arrow. i normally do the arrow anyways till i condition them to stay stand blocking, then KABAM ex lightning :)

Big D

Question. Why does NW's Arrow have a quicker startup during a juggle combo?
I am going to look a bit more into this. If the arrow travels fast after the end of a juggle combo, I might have an idea to give it a use.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
After some research. I only found one use. After jip b22 axeb2 axe 12 choke 41%, the arrow comes out quick and gives nw a free eh lightning on hit. But on block the recovery takes forever. So it's hardly worth it.

NKZero

Noob
After some research. I only found one use. After jip b22 axeb2 axe 12 choke 41%, the arrow comes out quick and gives nw a free eh lightning on hit. But on block the recovery takes forever. So it's hardly worth it.
wait so you're saying that if at the end of a combo I launch those super fast arrows and it hits the opponent, EX lightning is guaranteed? Doesn't it present the same options as a hit arrow in the arrow trap? If the opponent jumps immediately can't they avoid it?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yes. From full screen if an arrow hits the eh lightning is guaranteed. The advantage from choke let's you get a quick arrow off while they are getting up. They can tech roll or stay grounded or jump depending on the timing. All I know is if it hits great but if it's blocked or missed you get nothing.

I'd rather shoulder in and apply more pressure.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
man I never until recently, like this last couple weeks or so, realized just how good NW d3 really is. This move is the key to his pressure game.

Big D

Yes. From full screen if an arrow hits the eh lightning is guaranteed. The advantage from choke let's you get a quick arrow off while they are getting up. They can tech roll or stay grounded or jump depending on the timing. All I know is if it hits great but if it's blocked or missed you get nothing.

I'd rather shoulder in and apply more pressure.
Yeah its not worth it. Pressure is more important more almost all his matchups.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Usually after one of his bnb combos (not corner) his arrow has that quicker startup and if the opponent is near the ground at combo's end and doesn't wake up, he'll have to respect the arrow allowing you to do a safe whiffed shoulder. I don't know how viable it would be though...