What's new

Nightwolf Early Access - August 13th

A leak from Nintendo Switch site/store has the next character, Nightwolf, coming out on 8/13 early access (season pass holders). Image below taken from Reddit.

Who is ready for Sindel in November?? :DOGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

We'll probably have a trailer before the EVO Grandfinals. And a balance patch a few days after.

But 2 months between each character ? So no Ash Williams before 2020... That sucks !

The next DLC will probably be Terminator or Spawn.

2 months between characters
no gameplay trailer or kombat kast for him
no kombat pack trailer out or release date of one
NRS just keeps taking L's
I have zero sympathy for NRS now. The kommunication or more exactly the lack thereof is absolutely atrocious. People who don't own the Kombat Pack mock those who supported NRS with their money saying 'You gave them your money blindly, it's not their fault, be clever next time!'

Oh, and Spawn will become the longest running creator-owned comic book ever with Issue 301, in stores September 25. If NRS &WB let this opportunity slip and won't release Spawn on September 24 or October 1, I'll send them a big juicy F&U to keep those L's kompany.

Ed Boon gonna start taking the Harada approach to interacting with the fanbase

Then you will miss the days of teasers and wish for them to return
Yea, but there's a difference between trolling while following it up with giving fans the info they asked for, vs trolling followed by silence like you're pleading the 5th in court. We are getting ALL our info from literally leaks. That's just indefensible imo.

You know what Nightwolf and I have in common? We both cry when trash (like that fuckin' helmet) gets thrown our way.

(goddamnit I'm old).

While I am not happy about how much time each character is taking, I'll remind everyone how upset people were over crunch time debacle when MK11 dropped.

Back in the MKX days, they could get characters out monthly or so because all the devs were working stupid hours, burning themselves out. While I have no first hand knowledge or evidence, I suspect they have worked to fix that issue, but as a result the time frame of DLC has been extended out.

I ask everyone in this thread who is upset: Is is a fair trade off?
  • Would you rather support a dev who discourages the "crunch" atmosphere, or;
  • would you rather support one that encourages it.

Just to clarify for everyone, if you purchase a Season Pass or any content without knowing what the content is, regardless of knowing release dates or not, you are blindly tossing your money at the publisher and developer.

You are buying an unknown item.

Just to clarify for everyone, if you purchase a Season Pass or any content without knowing what the content is, regardless of knowing release dates or not, you are blindly tossing your money at the publisher and developer.

You are buying an unknown item.
But the hope is that NRS would roughly follow the same approach to releasing information and dlc as they did in the past. I regret buying the Kombat pack and its not because I cant wait two months between characters, but I'm just completely annoyed by the garbage lack of communication. I'll never preorder anything from NRS ever again.

But the hope is that NRS would roughly follow the same approach to releasing information and dlc as they did in the past. I regret buying the Kombat pack and its not because I cant wait two months between characters, but I'm just completely annoyed by the garbage lack of communication. I'll never preorder anything from NRS ever again.
SAME! NRS is simply following a business model that works in the FGC. Its scummy as fuck and needs to change. Speak with your wallets. I know for a fact I wont pre-order another NRS title until they do better with their team. Hell, if there is a Kombat Pack 2, Im not sure if ill even get that. This whole rollout has been messy. They know it and they dont givAfuck.