What's new

Nightwing's Staff d1 - How much is too much?

How many low pokes is acceptable?

• Total voters

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I was playing online today, and a Deathstroke player was walking into me, midscreen, as I low poked him from staff stance probably a dozen times in a row, finishing the match. Yes, there are other tactics I could have used, but I thought to myself "If this is working, why do anything different?".

So if someone refuses to block, how many low pokes would you do before switching it up?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I was playing online today, and a Deathstroke player was walking into me, midscreen, as I low poked him from staff stance probably a dozen times in a row, finishing the match. Yes, there are other tactics I could have used, but I thought to myself "If this is working, why do anything different?".

So if someone refuses to block, how many low pokes would you do before switching it up?
As many as possible... Fighting games are about exploiting your opponent. This isn't even a question.

agree...

Only scrubs cry's about it, makes me laugh when they call me heat vision spammer or whatever when i use superman, of course i have more tecnics and moves to do, but is not my f#$/&g problem if they dont know is own character and his options.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

If someone refuses to block, they're stupid. If someone is trying to mash through a 6 frame jab that is +1 on block - they deserve to continue being hit by it until they respect it.

TogetherLemon

Robot Blueberry
If I can get away with simple spamming tactics like that, I always do. It is great to receive hate mail about how I have no skill after I win the match by a huge margin.

I just kept spamming lightning strike on some fool's wake up because this clueless scrub kept waking up with a dash forward. I just wanted to see how many times it would take for him to learn from his stupid mistake but he never did learn anything. Instead, he rage quit at the end lol.

Some people are just hopeless.

Saitsu

Noob
d1 all day. The only time you stop doing d1 is when you're canceling into MB Ground Blast. If it hits, full combos. If not? MORE D1!

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
d1 all day. The only time you stop doing d1 is when you're canceling into MB Ground Blast. If it hits, full combos. If not? MORE D1!
Someone make a flow chart of this so can giggle

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

People gotta learn how to push block
I don't like pushblock because it only resets to neutral. In SFxT an alpha counter is hard knockdown that lets you either raw tag, charge a CH or do some oki setup. Now that is worth 1 meter.

But spending 1 bar just to pushblock a d1? That seems like a waste to me.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
if you feel bad for your opponent while playing as Nightwing he is not for you.

You HAVE to abuse his isht.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I don't play Nightwing but you have to understand, no one is going to give you mercy in a fighting game. Abuse that shit over and over, You think Superman main's aren't going to derp vision you every second if they can? FUCK MERCY AND MAKE THEM HATEMAILRAGEQUITONYOU

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Nope, abuse that shit till his ankles break, then when you think he has had enough, hit him again