What's new

Nightwing unplayable online?

Good gravy tried him online for the first time last night to see how we'll I could do and got rocked. Input lag really ruined me. My timing was off due to this. Is a character like NW unplayable online?

Lulzlou

Noob
Don't play people with shit connections and you'll be fine.

Sometimes the momentum I need for pressure doesn't flow right but it usually takes me a few games to adapt. Its no where near unplayable.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
It's a lot harder to play Nightwing online than Superman or Batman, but for some, the reward is playing the character, not so much win/loss ratio.

Saitsu

Noob
As long as the connection isn't outright horrid I usually don't have too much problem playing him.

The thing I use as a baseline is landing stand 3 after b2. If I can do it in the connection, that means it's at least workable.

NightwingDayZero

I just default myself to using f213 xx4 db2 MB to make sure I can keep myself safe and keep the pressure up if they are blocking.

NightwingDayZero

I just default myself to using f213 xx4 db2 MB to make sure I can keep myself safe and keep the pressure up if they are blocking. Nightwing is so much more fun offline.

Saitsu

Noob
I just default myself to using f213 xx4 db2 MB to make sure I can keep myself safe and keep the pressure up if they are blocking. Nightwing is so much more fun offline.
No shit Sherlock. There's no character or fighting game in history that's more fun online.

Good gravy tried him online for the first time last night to see how we'll I could do and got rocked. Input lag really ruined me. My timing was off due to this. Is a character like NW unplayable online?
Nightwing is very good online and offline.

Just level up a bit more, you might not have your offense put together correctly. He's a beast.

NightwingDayZero

No shit Sherlock. There's no character or fighting game in history that's more fun online.
Perhaps I was being too vague. Nothing compares to offline gameplay, but there are characters that are less dependent on strong network connection.

Green Lantern is a shining example of a lag friendly member of the Injustice cast. Lantern's Might will always put the opponent in the same place at the right distance for 223 or B13 follow up. His strings are easily confirmed and his left/right mixups are very lenient to latency.