What's new

General/Other NIghtwing help please- I seriously must be losing it

I am having a very hard time comboing two light attacks into the escrima fury (1,1,DF2).

Now before you guys just write it off as me sucking (which I probably do) I need to let you guys know that I can execute some form of this command easily with other characters ie. 1,1,DB1 with Cyborg or 1,1,DF2 and 1,1,DB2 with Green Arrow among a whole bunch of other characters. I don't understand why it's so hard for me to do this combo with Nightwing. It seriously seems to me this particular combo for Nightwing requires a different timing than for other characters.

If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Please tell me I'm not crazy and there is a different timing for this combo with Nightwing. This is seriously driving me bat-***t. Help me please. I am using an arcade stick by the way.

Thanks.

AssassiN

Noob
With what part are you having a problem with?
His 1,1 has to be inputted really fast, it's easier to land on hit then on whiff.
His 112 string is incredibly fast.

Btw 11,DF2 is not a recommended combostarter. You should be going for:
- F213, DF2(the 3 normally has 2 hits, make sure the 2nd doesn't come out)
- 113, DF2 (the 3 normally has 2 hits, make sure the 2nd doesn't come out)
- B11, DF2

I recommend checking out the BnB thread for some good combo's.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the help. I didn't know about the combos you guys mentioned because I'm a freaking newb. Thanks for helping me out. I will try out the combos you guys recommended. There were also a couple of guys on Gamefaqs that gave me their input and it was also a big help so a big thanks to them too.

tlozoot

Noob
I've got a similar problem to you.

I can do these combos all day in practice mod, but getting them to land in a match is tough. I can seldom get close enough to execute the 113 or F213, and the only way I seem to be able to combo into Eskrima Fury at all is to use B2 for its reach.