What's new

NHL Thread 2011-12

blinky

Noob
Shea Weber:

1 year, $7.5 million awarded via arbitration

Not good for Nashville. :\
It's only not good if David Poile can't get him signed to a long-term extension by season's end. Weber is at least getting paid like an elite defenseman this year, so good for him.

wEEman33

Noob
Yes, Weber could certainly afford to enter all the local Game Galaxy tournaments with his new salary upgrade.

blinky

Noob
they'll need someone to fill that two-sport athlete quota if JFord ever leaves town... wait, wrong sport LOL

That's also the largest one-year arbitration deal awarded in the history of the league, beating John LeClair's 2000 contract and Scott Niedermayer's contract from 2004, both worth 7m a year

wEEman33

Noob
I wouldn't be against trading Shea Weber at this point.

Nashville is loaded with blue line talent in their development system.

Granted, you don't replace a team captain and Norris trophy finalist overnight, but I think what the Predators need more than anything is a consistent offense, because the defense and goaltending have never been an issue in Nashville.

It's always "can they score goals?"

The sad thing is that Shea Weber had the 3rd-highest point total of any Predator last season with 48 points from the blue line.

The team lead in scoring was a tie between wingers Martin Erat and Sergei Kostitsyn, who both had 50 points.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So, for those of you who don't know, the Russian team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's plane crashed today, killing all of their roster but one who's in critical condition. There were some NHL vets on that team, including a favorite of mine, Pavol Demitra.

I don't know what's going on with hockey deaths this summer. I just hope this is the last of it for a while.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
So, for those of you who don't know, the Russian team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's plane crashed today, killing all of their roster but one who's in critical condition. There were some NHL vets on that team, including a favorite of mine, Pavol Demitra.

I don't know what's going on with hockey deaths this summer. I just hope this is the last of it for a while.
Yea it's sad to hear. Bunch of good players there. :/

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, that was horrible...thank god it doesn't happen more often given the amount of teams that fly yearly....

Pavol Dimitra, well known and ex-ranger :( really sad story